AXV: Sri Lankan Strikers

Started by Jay, August 15, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upthemaidens

(Better late than never...  :P)

Hello all,
     just would like to thank the 'Strikers' in considering me for a 'Trade advisory' roll within their Club.

Hopefully in the short time and the trades made, Sri Lanka has become a stronger team with Youth being the main aim.
      The building of a squad with potential "ultra" Premium players under 25yo and quality Rookies, the 'Strikers' will be competitive in the short term and a Force in the near future. With a window of opportunity for multiple Premierships.

Good luck to all Teams for the 2013 season.

Jay

Team list updated :)

Some nice surprises when looking up players' positions

KoopKicka

Sorry to hear about Suckling and Johnson Jayman :'(

Just increases the amount we will smash you by in 11 days ;)

Jay

Quote from: KoopKicka on March 12, 2013, 06:17:09 PM
Sorry to hear about Suckling and Johnson Jayman :'(

Just increases the amount we will smash you by in 11 days ;)
I will stick back my boys to take care of the Eskimoes - especially since you traded Blair and Masten for peanuts :P

Jay

How flowering good is Toga! Get around him...

Jay

So after the Strikers great start to the season taking care of the plucky Eskimoes, selection night was an interesting one.

We brought inform Hampton into the side at the expense of Rhyce Shaw who although was good we feel Hampton deserves a shot at the big time. Mature age recuit, Brett Goodes makes his debut for the Strikers after scoring 116 in round 1 for the reserves, Heath Grundy we feel needs to work on getting more possessions and have sent him back to the 2's. Josh Jenkins was very disappointing last week despite being the so-called coach's pet, he could not perform. This gives old man Podsiadly another crack after his impressive performance.

Jay

Unfortunately the Strikers suffered this first loss, coming up short against the Bears. We were clear underdogs but put up a good fight. The captains Jack and Sidey couldn't back up their first 2 games and that was the end of it.

On a positive note... JUSTIN WESTHOFF is playing amazing footy right now and did all he could to get the Strikers the win. After cracking the double ton last week he backed it up with 190 :o Crazy stuff...

Jay

This weekend was bitter sweet for the Strikers. Coming off the back of a great win against the Tigers, we received news that Ryan Schoenmakers will be out for the season with a knee injury. This is devastating news as he started the season off well and was close to being selected for the best 15. This makes it our 3rd knee injury to Sri Lankan backman, just shocking luck. Our thoughts are with all 3 of them - we are confident they will be firing for the start of 2014.

Quote(8th) TIGERS (1884) v (1901) STRIKERS (7th)

Very close and nervous game this weekend but in the end we came out on top. Some huge performances by Captain Westhoff, Vice Sidey, Brett Goodes and Sam Gibson - all cracking 150. ScottyD also helped out the backs with a game-winning 140 to shut the door on the Tigers. This win sees the Strikers @ three wins, 1 loss and 6th on the table

Some selection issues this week with Mitch Golby again disappointing. Kade Simpson is struggling for form while Josh Jenkins played very well in the twos.

Jay

Bad news... Brett Goodes has been comfirmed out for the remainder of the season

He joins Suckling, AJ, Schoey, Kepler, Daisy and Clark watching our games from their lounge rooms.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Jayman on July 21, 2013, 11:49:24 AM

He joins Suckling, AJ, Schoey, Kepler, Daisy and Clark watching our games from their lounge rooms.
Damn, just cant cop a break.  So many season ending injuries for the Strikers this year.

Capper

Wow im in the same boat in BXV with Suckling, McPharlin, Mattner, Bock, Maister, LRT, Tuck, Clark all out and Tippett only just starting.

I have had 20 players to pick from the last 3 weeks

Jay

Bad luck tabs, it sucks doesn't it. Always next year ;)

Quote from: upthemaidens on July 22, 2013, 09:58:58 AM
Quote from: Jayman on July 21, 2013, 11:49:24 AM

Damn, just cant cop a break.  So many season ending injuries for the Strikers this year.
Its true :( still think we have done very well to be 6th on the ladder and in the race for a home final when you consider all these injuries and the age of our squad. With some decent recruiting I think we will be knocking on the door of the top 4 pretty soon 8)

Toga

Just in case you didn't know Jay, there's no HGA in finals this year so 6th is almost as good as 5th! ;)

But yeah you've been cruelled by injuries this year, looking at your list I'm sure you'll be up among the best next year. 8)

Jay

Strikers give: Steele Sidebotom + Scott Lycett + NAT pick 41

Strikers get: Rory Sloane + Dan Jackson + Matt Rosa

Happy to have completed our first trade for the period! Welcome Rory, Dan and Matt to the club please lads :)

Jay

Strikers give: Mitch Clark + Rookie Pick 25
Strikers get: Andrew Mackie + NAT Pick 31 + Rookie Pick 15

Mitch Clark has loads of potential but with his troubling foot injury we feel we had to let me go. Andrew Mackie will be great to strengthen the backline.