AXV: Sri Lankan Strikers

Started by Jay, August 15, 2012, 09:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: tor01doc on October 12, 2012, 03:04:22 AM
Excuse me erstwhile boss, (and do you even know what erstwhile means?),

Why the fluck are you applying for yet another coaching job?

Seems to us that you are struggling with the onerous duties you have over there in Sri Lanka.

May I suggest you withdraw your application and concentrate on 'our' Strikers?

Cheers / all in good faith

tor01doc
That will not happen mate.

I suggest with your lack of experience, shown here:
Quote from: tor01doc on August 17, 2012, 02:37:27 AM
Re Asian 15's - I have pored over the links / references / fora / discussion groups / draft rules / comments / etc etc and I still have no idea wtf it is all about but I will be your baitch if it helps you sleep at night.

Just tell me what to do.

Cheers.
it would be silly for you to attempt this huge role :P

Capper

Quote from: Jayman on September 29, 2012, 12:18:52 PM
FIXED

Quote from: Jayman on September 29, 2012, 10:35:22 AM
In an XV's Competition first, the Strikers have made history by joining forces with the Pacific Islanders, English Lions and Liverpool Lobsters by becoming 'brother clubs'

happy now Whatlez? ;)
yet no mention of my British team, hmmm

Jay

Lists made to reflect the trade with the Eskimoes :)

Check it out guys

Jay

Rumours are that a huge deal has been done which involves some quality players leaving Sri Lanka! In return, we have strengthened our backline while dropping our average age + got hold of a valuable draft pick!

Stay tuned

Jay

Everyone in Sri Lanka would like to make Toga welcome as he starts his job as our draft consultant. He will providing us with valuable information during the drafts and we are sure to pick up some steals with him on board

Jay

As the NAT draft begun the speculation came true. The Strikers took Brodie Grundy, the best ruck in the draft with pick 3. We received numerous offers before the draft and one of them proved too good to be true.

So we have reached a trade with the Crocodiles resulting in us getting Shannon Hurn + Levi Casboult. We wish Brodie Grundy and Steven May all the best.

Jay

All of Sri Lanka has been rocked by the news that Reece Conca will be a mid only in 2013

We vow to our supporters that even though this news hurts we do not regret picking and we have high hopes for his future.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Jayman on November 30, 2012, 07:21:16 PM
All of Sri Lanka has been rocked by the news that Reece Conca will be a mid only in 2013

We vow to our supporters that even though this news hurts we do not regret picking and we have high hopes for his future.
That's bulldust, he would have barely spent 50% of game time on the ball

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 30, 2012, 08:41:46 PM

Don't think he spent much time at all 'on the ball' tbag ;) the wing however is a midfield position ;)

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 30, 2012, 08:47:19 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on November 30, 2012, 08:41:46 PM

Don't think he spent much time at all 'on the ball' tbag ;) the wing however is a midfield position ;)
Fair point smarty pants!

Though he did frustrate my DT every week when he sat in a forward pocket :o I do not believe he should be a pure mid, no way, not yet!

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Jayman on August 15, 2012, 09:57:40 PM
LIST MOVEMEMENTS

TRADES

• Strikers give: Rockliff, Golby, NAT pick 51. Strikers get: Gaff, Howe, NAT pick 21
• Strikers give: Scotland, ROOKIE pick 19. Strikers get: Thompson (N.M), NAT pick 48
• Strikers give: NAT pick 35, NAT Pick 48, ROOKIE Pick 35. Strikers get: Palmer, NAT Pick 45, ROOKIE Pick 15
• Strikers give: Grigg, Burgoyne, ROOK 51. Strikers get: Suckling, H.Grundy, NAT 36
• Strikers give: Brodie Grundy, Steven May. Strikers get: Shannon Hurn, Levi Casboult

Half of these trades have no even been posted? Are they for next period??

Jay

Yeah. You could call them gentlemens agreements but that term never seems to end well.

Jay

The rumours have been confirmed. Andrew Gaff has not been enjoying his short time in Sri Lanka and is looking for a new home. However we will not trade him easy, and are looking to do the best thing for our team.

We will listen to any offer but have an interest in star backs and/or fwds

Justin Bieber

Sounds like you want to get rid of him more than he is not happy. Or he is not happy because on every thread you said 'I want to trade Andrew Gaff'

monstrum