Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: PowerBug on March 09, 2016, 07:44:19 PM
That's what Jayman bowls so watch out JB he won't be happy with that ;)
Oi, I have B1 wickets thank you very much :P Besides, I'm not really sure you should be talking - I haven't forgotten the last time you bowled in a game ;)

PowerBug

Quote from: Jayman on March 09, 2016, 08:29:52 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on March 09, 2016, 07:44:19 PM
That's what Jayman bowls so watch out JB he won't be happy with that ;)
Oi, I have B1 wickets thank you very much :P Besides, I'm not really sure you should be talking - I haven't forgotten the last time you bowled in a game ;)
1-0-15-0 and I'm flowering proud of it :P Just looked at that game and reminded me of how our top 6 combined for 1 run...

GoLions

Thought you guys might find some enjoyment from seeing the scorecard of our last game for the season :'(

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=2095902

Nige

Quote from: GoLions on March 09, 2016, 08:58:55 PM
Thought you guys might find some enjoyment from seeing the scorecard of our last game for the season :'(

http://mycricket.cricket.com.au/common/pages/public/rv/match.aspx?locx=MATCH&matchID=2095902
Whoa, you had a solid outing when you guys bowled and then the team flowering imploded when you batted hahaha.

R.Griffen

Quote from: PowerBug on January 20, 2016, 06:15:30 PM
Umpiring the future of SA cricket this week (Under 14 Premier League which is a North, East, South, West and 2 Country teams). We have some good prospects I reckon :)

3 players from either country team faced each other in the granny on the weekend. 2 of the PL guys were batsman and 1 I don't really know. However 2 outta 3 of them made ducks. Team batting first all out for 78. Other team 8/75, a quite big unit put one straight up in the air down to mid on, both batsman watching the ball..(idiots) drop catch only ran to get 1. Still plenty of overs left at this point, next ball an absolute ripper cleans up middle stump. Needing 2 to win apparently the number 11 batsman had batted 5 times for the season with a total score of 4. Last ball of the over he tries to block it out gets an inside edge past the keeper for a couple runs to win the final

Pkbaldy

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 09, 2016, 06:08:31 PM
I dropped a hattrick ball once, and it was an absolute sitter! haha

I've been clean bowled as the hat-trick ball... I thought " This old fart won't be able to bowl 3 in a row on the stumps" so i tried to cover drive him and the ball went between my legs and bat and took out middle stump....

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on March 09, 2016, 09:58:40 PM
Quote from: GoLions on March 09, 2016, 08:58:55 PM

Whoa, you had a solid outing when you guys bowled and then the team flowering imploded when you batted hahaha.
Haha yeah pretty much

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: R.Griffen on March 10, 2016, 10:50:25 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 20, 2016, 06:15:30 PM
Umpiring the future of SA cricket this week (Under 14 Premier League which is a North, East, South, West and 2 Country teams). We have some good prospects I reckon :)

3 players from either country team faced each other in the granny on the weekend. 2 of the PL guys were batsman and 1 I don't really know. However 2 outta 3 of them made ducks. Team batting first all out for 78. Other team 8/75, a quite big unit put one straight up in the air down to mid on, both batsman watching the ball..(idiots) drop catch only ran to get 1. Still plenty of overs left at this point, next ball an absolute ripper cleans up middle stump. Needing 2 to win apparently the number 11 batsman had batted 5 times for the season with a total score of 4. Last ball of the over he tries to block it out gets an inside edge past the keeper for a couple runs to win the final

haha he'd be happy as. stupid batsmen not running would feel like dicks. even the guy who dropped the catch woulda thought he'd lost it. a lot going on there!

GoLions

First game of the season yesterday after last week's matches got abandoned. Wind was insane, so a big thanks to our captain for having me bowl into it :P

Bowled 5 overs, and went for just the 12 runs (no wickets). Took a diving catch running about 20m or so after the batsman skied one over my head at mid on, so that was pretty ace. Then made 35 with the bat, but we fell 12 runs short :-\

May have injured my calf whilst batting as well :(

PowerBug

Damn unlucky about the calf but that's a pretty good match :o

So I have a little thing that bugs me, and it has to do with batsmen taking guard. Batsmen can ask for one of 5 things (As far as I'm aware). There's Off stump, Middle stump, Leg Stump, Middle-Leg (Between Middle and Leg stumps) and Middle-Off (between Middle and Off stumps). When I give a batsman his guard I always point to the respective stump at my end so he knows I'm doing the same thing as him.

What bugs me though is that some players use the English way of taking guard, and they don't know what they mean. 2 Centres is pretty explanatory, but then there's 2 legs, and 1 leg, which people constantly get mixed up. 2 legs = Middle-Leg, 1 leg = Leg stump. So yesterday I had a bloke ask for 2 legs, and he lined up on Leg stump. I said "you're on leg stump", and he marked the line like that was what he asked. Okay buddy :P Did the same last week except the bloke was an Englishman so he obviously move his bat away from him coz he wanted Middle-Leg ;)

My rant for the day :P

Bill Manspeaker

I didn't even know that was a thing haha. alqays said "middle n off" or "middle n leg"

that sounds like a pretty sick catch Davos!

GoLions

flowerin rain. Been on and off like 7-8 times already.

PowerBug

Last game I umpire a 268 vs 272/9 match, today I get a game that ends 200/9 vs 198/10!

Two crackers back to back :D today though in the 198/10 the number 3 ended 99 not out as the number 11 got out on the 2nd last ball of the game (I don't think he knew he was on 99 though)

GoLions

Haha fuarkkk, I would've been fuming :P

PowerBug

It was some innings especially with no one else able to stay with him. First innings was similar with an opening bat lasting 48 overs and making 106 being the 7th man out.