Main Menu

Real Life Cricket

Started by Barlow 21, October 10, 2011, 07:28:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barlow 21

We've got some star cricketers on FF. :)
I play U14A in CMCA and play U15 Hatch too.

Maca24

I play Cricket with Pothead in B Grade.
I suck though  :P
I'm more of a footy man..

Cookie Monster

i like my footy more aswel, but seem to be equally as good at both.

Maca24

Quote from: Cookie Monster on October 11, 2011, 10:54:12 PM
i like my footy more aswel, but seem to be equally as good at both.
I use to be handy at cricket... Got Cricketer of the year in juniors.. but since then.

PowerBug

Playing now. Just got out for 15. Played a loose hook on a pitch which is greener than the lawn at st. Andrews. >:(

Cicjose

i played my worst game for 3 years on friday night

run out 3 times

dropped 2 catches

bowled 4 wides and had 4 4's and a 6 taken from my two overs

Barlow 21

Quote from: Cicjose on October 16, 2011, 03:52:36 PM
i played my worst game for 3 years on friday night

run out 3 times

dropped 2 catches

bowled 4 wides and had 4 4's and a 6 taken from my two overs
How can you get out 3 times?

Cicjose

have you never played indoor?

pothead

played U16s and B grade yesterday i bowled 0 for 2 off 5 overs and made 0 not out then in B grade i bowled 1 for 12 off 8 overs and made 0 not out again

roo boys!

Made 48* yesterday, it was a one dayer and the new rules are we have to retire at 50, my last shot was a slog sweep against a spinner, it bounced just next to the boundary line and was called four, but my coach thought it was a 6 and he took me off thinking I had made 50 -_- Haha

Bowled alright - only got 2 overs as it was the first game of the season and the coach wanted to get a look at everyone's bowling...what have you been doing all the net sessions then?? ::)

PowerBug

All out for 109. In reply they are 0/74 off 29 overs. Going to lose :'(

SAMCRO

Right arm bat/bowl. Can bat anywhere I get told to and bowl leggies but can bowl mediums if needed.

I play Div 3 so far this season in the WDCA (Warragul Disctrict Cricket Association, anyone else play this league?)

Round 1 we lost by 16 runs, I made a hard hitting 2 and took 0-38 bowling mediums. Not what I usually bowl but we had a few players unavailable so I had to.

On Saturday, I took 5-26 off 8 bowling leggies and made 9 not out. We lost by 7 runs, ended up 5-159 chasing 166. Not too bad considering they were 2-117 after 16 overs. I had 0-12 off my first over, then in the next 4 overs took 5-9. I got the 3rd to 7th wicket  :)

I think I'll be a bowler this year.

pothead

Quote from: SAMCRO on October 17, 2011, 10:32:55 PM
Right arm bat/bowl. Can bat anywhere I get told to and bowl leggies but can bowl mediums if needed.

I play Div 3 so far this season in the WDCA (Warragul Disctrict Cricket Association, anyone else play this league?)

Round 1 we lost by 16 runs, I made a hard hitting 2 and took 0-38 bowling mediums. Not what I usually bowl but we had a few players unavailable so I had to.

On Saturday, I took 5-26 off 8 bowling leggies and made 9 not out. We lost by 7 runs, ended up 5-159 chasing 166. Not too bad considering they were 2-117 after 16 overs. I had 0-12 off my first over, then in the next 4 overs took 5-9. I got the 3rd to 7th wicket  :)

I think I'll be a bowler this year.

i play in the LDCA leongatha district cricket association so not far from you one mate

Cookie Monster

3/2 of 12 in C Grade and 1/9 of 8 in juniors.

Bowled juniors out for 72 and atm are 0/28

Bowled C Grade out for 116 and atm 7/30

McRooster

My cricket days are over, couple of tons and quite a few +5fers. Fielding all rounder was probably my forte. Batting mostly at 6/7 and coming on first change with the ball.

I played District Cricket in Darwin for four years (1 season D, 2 seasons C, 1 season B grades). I have two great memories from that time, firstly playing in a match that saw my team mate Adam (Geelong boy) claim TWO hat tricks in the same game and I took two of the catches at first slip! He had his face on the front of the NT News holding ALL the stumps representing his scalps, he ended up with 7 for 20  8)
Secondly was watching my A Grade side be demolished by Merv Hughes. I think he played for Pints (Pints is the ACTUAL Club name, not how they paid him) when he took 9 fer. The only wicket he didn't get was a guy who was run-out trying to get off strike from big Swervin Mervin. I reckon I've told RB this story as I reckon don't you play with Merv's son RB?  - Apologies if I'm wrong.

Playing back here in Adelaide I played in The Torrens Valley District (B Grade Country Cricket). My favourite story from those days was one day I was stand in Captain (Skipper had a CFS emergency and Vice was playing in the A's) so I put everyone up the order to give them a hit, it didn't work too well until Hillsy and I came together for what I still believe is a record partnership for the 9th wicket (157) - of this partnership I made 37. Hillsy was actually the wicket to fall, scoring 159 - including one over in which he sent the first five balls back over the long on boundary and blocked the sixth. The opposition team were sledging him for not going for the last one to which he replied ' It was a good nut, well bowled'. What he said to me mid pitch at the change of over was a bit different, he said 'he was flowered'. I fell for 51 a couple of overs later, leaving the Junior (who had never scored double figures before) at the other end on 9 not out  :'(

That Junior went on to become a Disrict Keeper at East Torrens and made many more runs over the years than I did at Senior level in our side.