Main Menu

Golf

Started by McRooster, January 03, 2011, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

The format last week was interesting, it really put the pressure on the second drive. Basically, everyone tees off and generally the best tee shot would see that player play the hole out by himself. From the second best tee off the other three would play it out as an ambrose. Scores for the hole were combined (individual say has a 5 and ambrose group has a 4, then in the scorecard it goes down as a 9).
We had 161, I played 8 holes out by myself.

Today was back to my home club and we played par. I was all over the place, hit the ball long but had 6+'s and 7-'s for a net result of -1  :P
Shot of the day by me from 65m out on the 17th, D Rained it  8) - Was to save par and grabbed the plus  ;D

pyronerd

Quote from: McRooster on February 19, 2011, 08:11:26 PM
The format last week was interesting, it really put the pressure on the second drive. Basically, everyone tees off and generally the best tee shot would see that player play the hole out by himself. From the second best tee off the other three would play it out as an ambrose. Scores for the hole were combined (individual say has a 5 and ambrose group has a 4, then in the scorecard it goes down as a 9).
We had 161, I played 8 holes out by myself.

Today was back to my home club and we played par. I was all over the place, hit the ball long but had 6+'s and 7-'s for a net result of -1  :P
Shot of the day by me from 65m out on the 17th, D Rained it  8) - Was to save par and grabbed the plus  ;D
nice roost  8) sounds like a fun game to play, would be better then playing par and 4BBB all the time ::)

RiOtChEsS

HELLO BUCKET LIST...

The Extreme 19th at Legend Safari...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3_W_JryhR0
Paddy Harrington is the only bloke to ever par the longest Par 3 in the world...

Link to the course itself...
http://www.legendgolfsafari.com/
can someone smell a FF golf trip :P

McRooster

Played stroke today, net 76  >:(

Trialled the new Taylor Made 10.5 Ultra fast driver, very quick through the air and very light. Took too many disasters holes to realise I needed to reset my tee height to compensate - I had a 9 on 15 (2 out of bounds) ::). Me thinks I'll be sticking with the Bridgestone for a while longer. Greens had been cored and sanded also made it tough going.

Tossing up Marc this year whether to make the annual 'lads' trip a trip to Melb for footy or to Pt Douglas for a golf trip.

pyronerd

had 34 points on saturday, going through a swing change at the moment, definitely hitting the ball straighter, too bad i cant putt for shower :P

Bazinga

Had a terrible weekend. Shot 81 off the stick (76 nett), hit the ball showerhouse. Then backed up to play pennants on Sunday and got beat 4 and 3.

I'm heading up north to play Bonville and Hope Island in May. Two of the best golf courses in the country so should be a great experience.

pyronerd

Quote from: Bazinga on March 08, 2011, 10:49:34 AM
Had a terrible weekend. Shot 81 off the stick (76 nett), hit the ball showerhouse. Then backed up to play pennants on Sunday and got beat 4 and 3.

I'm heading up north to play Bonville and Hope Island in May. Two of the best golf courses in the country so should be a great experience.
nice baz, im jealous :P

ive got a 3 day stroke tournament starting on saturday, hopefully can come away with some silver this year :P

pyronerd

had 88/74 today and have 4 shots (as far as i know) to make up nett over the next 2 days

McRooster

40 points today  ;D (20 on the front/20 on the back) - no scrubs! - definitely keeping the Bridgestone, there's plenty of length and life in her still. Out drove my A Grade playing, 7 handicapped mate on 5 holes today - by some margin on 3 of them. Changed balls from Taylormade Burner LDP's to Bridgestone and loved the length I got.

One of my other mates (who plays off 23) had 25 on the front with a scrub and a 1 pointer (including a 2 for 5 on the par 3 seventh) - he finished with only 38, couldn't make a putt on the back  >:(

pyronerd

played shower in the first round of club championships, 89/75, the swing feels fantastic, just didnt work for me today i have a good feeling about tomorrow though ;)

great score roost ;D how u stuck it up your mate about out-driving him :P

pyronerd

well today didnt live up to my expectations, but did play alright for an 86/72, included in that was driving the green on the 295m par 4 5th :D

RiOtChEsS

cmon Adam Scott leading the Masters with 2 holes to play :o :o

well done Adam Scott and Jason Day tied for 2nd...

PowerMan

Schwartzel or what ever his name is, birdied the last 4 holes to steal the jacket off Scott, you thief!

great final day though, heaps of action a some movers as well. Can feel for McIlroy, would've been hard to take that, especially making that triple bogey, he'll learn that and become a better golfer. Just proves you can't make 1 mistake around Augusta, if you do, the course will kill your round

Fletch74

The Aussies can't take a trick at the Masters :'( 6 times now, we've finished Runners Up...

Crampton - 72'
Newton - 80'
Norman - 86', 87', and 96'
Day/Scott - 11'

RiOtChEsS

yep Swartzel played out of his skin... chip in from 60ft+ on the first :o approach from 150 yards on another and drops it :o :o :o that would already be considered a lucky day, but then he finished like Usain Bolt unreal... r we jinxed at the masters?