Main Menu

Golf

Started by McRooster, January 03, 2011, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McRooster

Does anyone here play?

Post your handicap or talk about anything golf in here  :)

I play off 18, B Grade and played at my old man's club Tea Tree Gully this morning for a slightly disappointing 32 points stableford.
Smashed the ball off the tee but 3 putted on too many of the recently cored greens  >:(
I really need to practice more  ::)

pyronerd

Quote from: McRooster on January 03, 2011, 03:26:45 PM
Does anyone here play?

Post your handicap or talk about anything golf in here  :)

I play off 18, B Grade and played at my old man's club Tea Tree Gully this morning for a slightly disappointing 32 points stableford.
Smashed the ball off the tee but 3 putted on too many of the recently cored greens  >:(
I really need to practice more  ::)
wow some1 else on here plays  ;D im current off 16 and play at sale, i need to practice though, i havent practiced since school finished  :P

ossie85

I literally live in between two golf courses, though my skills are atrocious and have not had my handicap measures but it would be HIGH. I'm better at sports where the ball is moving towards me - instincts kick in :)

pyronerd

Quote from: ossie85 on January 03, 2011, 03:28:58 PM
I literally live in between two golf courses, though my skills are atrocious and have not had my handicap measures but it would be HIGH. I'm better at sports where the ball is moving towards me - instincts kick in :)
i seem to be worse at those kind of sports, playing golf though has helped me develop my lofted straight drives in cricket  :P

RiOtChEsS

ive only played once since Curtis was born i just cant get a consistent block of that many hours to dedicate to it... love the links at lady bay tho Mc hav u played there? they actually hand u out a caddy write up when u pay that educates u on how best to navigate each hole in depth and the bunkers r like graves :o soooo deeeeep... i use to hope of shooting in the 80's got close once started the day badly with 7 7 5 then pulled it together and had 78 with 2 par 4's to play... silly me shouldnt hav looked at the scorecard went to pieces and finished with 91 :-\

PowerMan

Quote from: Marcz on January 03, 2011, 04:51:27 PM
ive only played once since Curtis was born i just cant get a consistent block of that many hours to dedicate to it... love the links at lady bay tho Mc hav u played there? they actually hand u out a caddy write up when u pay that educates u on how best to navigate each hole in depth and the bunkers r like graves :o soooo deeeeep... i use to hope of shooting in the 80's got close once started the day badly with 7 7 5 then pulled it together and had 78 with 2 par 4's to play... silly me shouldnt hav looked at the scorecard went to pieces and finished with 91 :-\

Awesome course. played there once but it like my 2nd or 3rd round of golf ever, so it was pretty bad. Want to visit it again soon! it's $50 a round now isn't it? Normanville have the best bakeries as well...  ;)

Another nice course down that way but a lot cheaper is Wirrina Cove, need a golf cart though if it's a hot day!

CrowsFan

I play every now and then with my mates, but not enough to have ever bothered working out my handicap.
I am great with my drives and chips, but rubbish with the irons and putting haha. Always enjoy having a game though.
Recently played in Fiji when I went there on holiday and did pretty well, only played the front 9 and scored 46, which was pretty good for a course I had never played on before and with different clubs to my own

pyronerd

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 03, 2011, 05:04:11 PM
I play every now and then with my mates, but not enough to have ever bothered working out my handicap.
I am great with my drives and chips, but rubbish with the irons and putting haha. Always enjoy having a game though.
Recently played in Fiji when I went there on holiday and did pretty well, only played the front 9 and scored 46, which was pretty good for a course I had never played on before and with different clubs to my own
u cant be 2 bad if u shot 46 without your own clubs on a course u have never played b4 ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: PowerMan on January 03, 2011, 05:00:56 PM
Quote from: Marcz on January 03, 2011, 04:51:27 PM

Awesome course. played there once but it like my 2nd or 3rd round of golf ever, so it was pretty bad. Want to visit it again soon! it's $50 a round now isn't it? Normanville have the best bakeries as well...  ;)

Another nice course down that way but a lot cheaper is Wirrina Cove, need a golf cart though if it's a hot day!
yeah use to play wirrinna heaps when i had less responsibilities and time to burn its going for $10 a round last time i was there and a couple of mates actually got free memberships last year or the year before bcos they were struggling for a buck they were giving free memberships away to anyone :o twas 2year ago i played the links and from memory it was $25-30 but that couldve/wouldve changed by now

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: pyronerd on January 03, 2011, 05:06:26 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on January 03, 2011, 05:04:11 PM
u cant be 2 bad if u shot 46 without your own clubs on a course u have never played b4 ;)
nice mate :)

PowerMan

Does anyone here go to the Golf Clearence warehouse at all?

prices are insane at the moment, got myself 2 doz Callaway Balls for $30 last week. Also got my golf clubs $330 for a 14 piece set of Maxfli's. Anyone need golf gear go there.

Link to the website: http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/?gclid=CMeFp8XBn6YCFYtspAodYkufnQ

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: PowerMan on January 04, 2011, 02:32:05 PM
Does anyone here go to the Golf Clearence warehouse at all?

prices are insane at the moment, got myself 2 doz Callaway Balls for $30 last week. Also got my golf clubs $330 for a 14 piece set of Maxfli's. Anyone need golf gear go there.

Link to the website: http://www.golfclearanceoutlet.com.au/?gclid=CMeFp8XBn6YCFYtspAodYkufnQ
indeed on south rd by the avoca hotel... insane prices 8)

PowerMan

What courses do you's normally play?

the ones me & mates play are, hve played lots others, but only once so haven't included them.

Pat (Exec) & pat South
Belair
Flagstaff Hill
Mount Compass
McCracken
Ashbourne (9 hole)
North adelaide (south)
Thaxted Park
Wirrinna Cove
Lady Bay

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: PowerMan on January 04, 2011, 04:00:31 PM
What courses do you's normally play?

Victor Harbor GC
Mount Compass
McCracken
Ashbourne (9 hole)
Wirrinna Cove
Lady Bay
Attamurra Mt Gambier
Blue Lake Mt Gambier
Glacier Rock (now extinct)
South Lakes
reckon that covers them all that ive played

PowerMan

Attamurra is a lovely course, right up in the top 2 or 3 I've played, only played once, would love to play it again. Same with Murray Bridge only played that once, but a very nice course.