Main Menu

Golf

Started by McRooster, January 03, 2011, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazinga

I wonder if Adam Scott would trade Ana Ivanovic for the green jacket? I doubt it  :P

On a side note, I shot a 2 under par 70 on saturday at our local monthly medal, winning A grade by 4 strokes (64 nett). Handicap down to 5.5 (so still off 6  :D)

RiOtChEsS

woah :o nice work Baz

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Bazinga on April 11, 2011, 03:58:22 PM
I wonder if Adam Scott would trade Ana Ivanovic for the green jacket? I doubt it  :P
Only a person on Drugs would do that ;).

Bazinga

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 11, 2011, 11:07:02 PM
He is a very lucky guy. Shouldv'e been me  ::) :'(

Cruiseon

I thought they split ages ago, are they back together?

She can caddy for me any time!

pyronerd

On a side note, I shot a 2 under par 70 on saturday at our local monthly medal, winning A grade by 4 strokes (64 nett). Handicap down to 5.5 (so still off 6  :D)
great job baz ;)

CrowsFan

Not exactly golf, but kinda similar. Tomorrow night I will be playing a round of pub golf :)
Hoping to shoot a nice round under par ;)

PowerMan

Just snagged 2 rounds of golf at Links Lady Bay with a cart, plus a pizza after for $59! gold... Normally $50 a round for 1 person there. plus you have about 4 or 5 months to use it  :D.

with easter around the corner a great buy.

website called scoopon http://www.scoopon.com.au/adelaide played Mt Lofty a few weeks ago with a similar deal. Shot 96 on a damp day, would've been lower if dry. Putted alright 34putts 18/16 which is good for wet & soft greens.

RiOtChEsS

:o nice powerman thats a wicked deal decent putting for those greens too ;)

anyone see Kevin Na's 15 on a par 4 on the news today? poor fella i think weve all felt his pain before...

even Tommy Armour had a 23 on a par 4 in 1927. This was in a tournament the week after he won the U.S. Open...

McRooster

Quote from: Hellopplz on April 11, 2011, 11:07:02 PM
I played a Pro Am a while ago where the Pro (who I won't name) told us that 'blocker' drugs were rife in proffessional golf. They are used to slow heart rates and reduce anxiety and pressure.....appparently.

Today we played par and I had minus 4  :P

pyronerd

played stroke today and had 86/72, OB on the last cost me playing to my handicap and dropping a shot :'(

PowerMan

Quote from: Marcz on April 15, 2011, 09:30:08 AM
:o nice powerman thats a wicked deal decent putting for those greens too ;)

anyone see Kevin Na's 15 on a par 4 on the news today? poor fella i think weve all felt his pain before...

even Tommy Armour had a 23 on a par 4 in 1927. This was in a tournament the week after he won the U.S. Open...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWTXoNzuk8c

;D

CrowsFan

Wow that is just such an unlucky hole!!
I feel so sorry for the guy!

McRooster

As discussed in the Elite chat, I had an 8 point front nine but turned at the clubhouse for a back 23....meh! Overall an ok first up effort at a new course.

The enlightening part of the whole day was that I met Peter Motley (who is a regular member at Blackwood) and found his company and humour to be thoroughly enjoying and uplifting. Pete still hits the ball pretty well, walks with severe impediment but retains a wicked sense of humour. He closes each weeks Wednesday presentations with a 'Pete's funnies' jokes segment and 2nites was side splitting, revolving around one liners in a nudist colony....

An inspiration and truly premium guy, thankyou Peter.

*I couldn't have cared less about my score after listening to Motz  8)

pyronerd

lucky roost ;)

on wednesday i had +2, and after 16 rounds of playing off 14 finally dropped to 13 ;D