Main Menu

Golf

Started by McRooster, January 03, 2011, 03:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: PowerMan on January 04, 2011, 05:04:02 PM
Attamurra is a lovely course, right up in the top 2 or 3 I've played, only played once, would love to play it again. Same with Murray Bridge only played that once, but a very nice course.
definitely has plenty of character and very challenging... havent played the bridge

PowerMan

That par 3 that has the elevated tee is possibly one of the finest holes I've ever played.

RiOtChEsS

yep for sure the 16th or the one on the front 9? there is a massive drop off from one of the tee boxes on the back nine par 4 or 5 really long its the furtherest point from the pro shop that was my favourite hole i rekn it killed my round too had like an 11 :o i smoked the tee off but the ball was hardup against the base of a tree on a bad side for a right hander and well it just got worst from there :D still loved the hole

McRooster

Quote from: Marcz on January 03, 2011, 04:51:27 PM
ive only played once since Curtis was born i just cant get a consistent block of that many hours to dedicate to it... love the links at lady bay tho Mc hav u played there? they actually hand u out a caddy write up when u pay that educates u on how best to navigate each hole in depth and the bunkers r like graves :o soooo deeeeep... i use to hope of shooting in the 80's got close once started the day badly with 7 7 5 then pulled it together and had 78 with 2 par 4's to play... silly me shouldnt hav looked at the scorecard went to pieces and finished with 91 :-\
My old lady used to live at Normanville when we first came back from Darwin but I never got around to playing there. I did see Gary Sweet at the Yankalilla Foodland one day when I was down there and I reckon it was him and Dizzy Gillespie that a had financial interst in Links Lady Bay wasn't it?
It'd be windy down there wouldn't it? Not sure where the old boy will play when he moves down to the block.
91 at Lady Bay would give me a net 73, that'd be just over par down there? Sounds like we're on the same level.  ;D
Mt Barker/Hahndorf has come along since they re-did the fairways.

RiOtChEsS

haha 2-3 years ago we may have been close but golfs never been a pickup a stick and im awesome game for me i was playing twice a week minimum when i shot that and i was consistently low 90's when ive had a long layoff id be happy to stay under 100 8) really beautiful course the links and beautiful area in general,not sure about the sweet/dizzy connection so il take ur word for it on that one ;)

PowerMan

Quote from: McRooster on January 05, 2011, 12:25:10 AM
Quote from: Marcz on January 03, 2011, 04:51:27 PM
ive only played once since Curtis was born i just cant get a consistent block of that many hours to dedicate to it... love the links at lady bay tho Mc hav u played there? they actually hand u out a caddy write up when u pay that educates u on how best to navigate each hole in depth and the bunkers r like graves :o soooo deeeeep... i use to hope of shooting in the 80's got close once started the day badly with 7 7 5 then pulled it together and had 78 with 2 par 4's to play... silly me shouldnt hav looked at the scorecard went to pieces and finished with 91 :-\
My old lady used to live at Normanville when we first came back from Darwin but I never got around to playing there. I did see Gary Sweet at the Yankalilla Foodland one day when I was down there and I reckon it was him and Dizzy Gillespie that a had financial interst in Links Lady Bay wasn't it?
It'd be windy down there wouldn't it? Not sure where the old boy will play when he moves down to the block.
91 at Lady Bay would give me a net 73, that'd be just over par down there? Sounds like we're on the same level.  ;D
Mt Barker/Hahndorf has come along since they re-did the fairways.

Could've been when he was doing his celebrity golf days at Lady Bay I reckon. Don't know if he's still doing it.

PowerMan

Quote from: Marcz on January 05, 2011, 12:19:20 AM
yep for sure the 16th or the one on the front 9? there is a massive drop off from one of the tee boxes on the back nine par 4 or 5 really long its the furtherest point from the pro shop that was my favourite hole i rekn it killed my round too had like an 11 :o i smoked the tee off but the ball was hardup against the base of a tree on a bad side for a right hander and well it just got worst from there :D still loved the hole

Hole 8 is the Par 3, truly an awesome hole.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: PowerMan on January 05, 2011, 12:56:43 PM

haha nice work PM 8I left bunker SW tap in par for me on that hole ;) come to think of it most of the par 3s on that course r awesome

PowerMan

Just heard the news that Augusta national will be in TW12, game will be named TW PGA tour, masters edition

Link to confirm it: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11820601

PowerMan

Quote from: Marcz on January 05, 2011, 02:08:47 PM
Quote from: PowerMan on January 05, 2011, 12:56:43 PM

haha nice work PM 8I left bunker SW tap in par for me on that hole ;) come to think of it most of the par 3s on that course r awesome

Think i hit 9I when I played it, downhill factor, plus I generally hit my 9I pretty well.

and i do lie a little bit when it comes one of the finest holes I've played, cause I love the water hole Par 3 at Flagstaff Hill.

pyronerd

Quote from: PowerMan on January 05, 2011, 02:41:39 PM
Just heard the news that Augusta national will be in TW12, game will be named TW PGA tour, masters edition

Link to confirm it: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/11820601
about time!!!  ;D

pyronerd

played today and had 84/68, dropped to 15 and won the b grade prize  ;D

nas

NAGA for me. Have played a few that have already been mentioned in SA.

PowerMan

Crap weather for Adelaide all week, giving golf a miss on thursday.

nas

HA ha All the courses here are water logged (Qld)