Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 26, 2019, 10:57:37 PM
He'll be back.

in the WWE, getting his head smashed and choked out isnt the life he wants.
he's done what he wanted... made enough money from all the hard work and now he can slow the pace down
why not, probably get a good pay out of it like Rousey and gets his mug on TV again

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on March 27, 2019, 12:21:18 PM
He'll be back.

he's done what he wanted... made enough money from all the hard work and now he can slow the pace down
why not, probably get a good pay out of it like Rousey and gets his mug on TV again

Fine, but to real fight fans he'll never go down as one of the best.  2 retirements now, and how many title defences?  0 I think it is...

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on March 27, 2019, 12:32:30 PM
He'll be back.

Fine, but to real fight fans he'll never go down as one of the best.  2 retirements now, and how many title defences?  0 I think it is...

agreed, wasnt a fan of his, chose to showoff rather than fight. but thats the thing that brought in so many new fans to the sport.
he never cared about being the best, he wanted to make enough noise to get enough interest in him to make the big bucks.
whether we like it or not he elevated the sport to a whole new level.

i wish there was this much interest when Spider was the champ or before Jon Jones flowered up. then the sport would've seen what real champs were

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on March 27, 2019, 01:10:19 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on March 27, 2019, 12:32:30 PM
He'll be back.

agreed, wasnt a fan of his, chose to showoff rather than fight. but thats the thing that brought in so many new fans to the sport.
he never cared about being the best, he wanted to make enough noise to get enough interest in him to make the big bucks.
whether we like it or not he elevated the sport to a whole new level.

i wish there was this much interest when Spider was the champ or before Jon Jones flowered up. then the sport would've seen what real champs were

Yep, no denying what he did for the sport.  If I go to the pub to watch a Conor card, there are literally no seats in the house, if he's not on the card, I could count the number of people at the pub on one hand.  Very disappointing.  Disappointing for guys like Aldo who was the best of the best for a long time, but his legacy now seems to be getting knocked out in 10 seconds by Conor.

R.Griffen

He'll be back.
100% no way ESPN and UFC made a deal where ESPN gave 500,000 viewers worth of PPV buys in a 12 month period UP FRONT, if he wasn’t gonna be there

jvalles69

Quote from: R.Griffen on March 27, 2019, 09:44:43 PM
He'll be back.
100% no way ESPN and UFC made a deal where ESPN gave 500,000 viewers worth of PPV buys in a 12 month period UP FRONT, if he wasn’t gonna be there

Yeah, thinking about it again I think he's just trying to get some leverage.  He'll fight, but it will be against big money guys only.

jvalles69

Lol, 2nd retirement didn't last long, war of words might make Khabib vs Conor 2, the fastest ever tap out time could be there for the taking.

Dillashaw has been suspended for 2 years for injecting EPO, Garbrandts team called it years ago.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 10, 2019, 10:44:34 AM
Lol, 2nd retirement didn't last long, war of words might make Khabib vs Conor 2, the fastest ever tap out time could be there for the taking.

He doesnt learn his lesson, going personal again to his wife now.
Cannot wait to see him get smashed again.

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 10, 2019, 10:44:34 AM
Dillashaw has been suspended for 2 years for injecting EPO, Garbrandts team called it years ago.

always liked dillashaw, very disappointing indeed.

Dudge

Any one see Masvidal's KO against Askren. Boy oh Boy, WOW WEE. 5 seconds. Nearly as quick as me and the wife ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: Dudge on July 08, 2019, 07:55:04 PM
Any one see Masvidal's KO against Askren. Boy oh Boy, WOW WEE. 5 seconds. Nearly as quick as me and the wife ;)

Yeah it was pretty nuts.  Don't like either fighter, but it was nice to see Askren get laid out, not so much the Masvidal carry on after.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 10, 2019, 11:05:33 AM
Quote from: Dudge on July 08, 2019, 07:55:04 PM

Yeah it was pretty nuts.  Don't like either fighter, but it was nice to see Askren get laid out, not so much the Masvidal carry on after.

LOVED IT... Askren talks so much.