Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

A little excerpt from one of those articles...

QuoteFrom what we've seen of Nurmagomedov, this is out of character for him. Still, he has to be held accountable for what he did. That said, can we assume Nurmagomedov will have to endure consequences that are more severe than what McGregor had to face for his bus attack? I'm not in law enforcement or a lawyer, but neither are most of the people chiming in with hot takes.

Keeper27

Have you guys seen the judges score card from the fight??
All 3 judges gave the 3rd round to Conor (9-10)
Really?? If anything i felt it was a tie round. I've watched it again and th er 3rd was a tie.

jvalles69

Quote from: Keeper27 on October 09, 2018, 11:36:34 PM
Have you guys seen the judges score card from the fight??
All 3 judges gave the 3rd round to Conor (9-10)
Really?? If anything i felt it was a tie round. I've watched it again and th er 3rd was a tie.

Yeah I saw that, but the judging is terrible in the UFC. Some of them look at the ground game as doing nothing. It's a bit of a joke.

Mat0369

Nah, McDipsheet won the third. Not much of anything happened that round but he probably won it since Khabib decided to stand and strike most of the round. Khabib was winning the other 2 and it was 10-9, 10-8, 9-10 and then he forced him to tap.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2018, 02:13:33 AM
Nah, McDipsheet won the third. Not much of anything happened that round but he probably won it since Khabib decided to stand and strike most of the round. Khabib was winning the other 2 and it was 10-9, 10-8, 9-10 and then he forced him to tap.

I did think at the time Conor did win the 3rd round.  Not sure if that was influenced by what the commentary team was saying though.

Mat0369

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 10, 2018, 11:11:48 AM
I did think at the time Conor did win the 3rd round.  Not sure if that was influenced by what the commentary team was saying though.

While the strikes didn't do a lot of damage he probably landed more. He also managed to defend the take down early and Khabib got one late in the round just before the end of the round if I remember correctly.

jvalles69

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 10, 2018, 12:54:08 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 10, 2018, 11:11:48 AM

While the strikes didn't do a lot of damage he probably landed more. He also managed to defend the take down early and Khabib got one late in the round just before the end of the round if I remember correctly.

I remember looking at the strike count during that round and Conor was 22-12, so yeah, I can agree with Conor being given a round.

jvalles69

DC vs Derrick Lewis added as the main event to UFC 230.  Yikes, Lewis gone get smashed...

Poirier has pulled out of the Nate Diaz fight.

Keeper27

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 10, 2018, 02:56:36 PM
DC vs Derrick Lewis added as the main event to UFC 230.  Yikes, Lewis gone get smashed...

Agreed, DC has too much in his bag to take out Lewis.

valkorum

Just wanted to say how good it was to see that the conversation about Khabib vs McGregor was mature and good-natured. 

R.Griffen

Khabib threatening to leave. He can do whatever he wants I'd think, the UFC couldn't care less. He could go to Bellator and they still wouldn't be a threat to the UFC

jvalles69

RaisyDaisy

Conor McGregor @TheNotoriousMMA
Hey guys quick announcement, I’ve decided to retire from the sport formally known as “Mixed Martial Art” today.
I wish all my old colleagues well going forward in competition.
I now join my former partners on this venture, already in retirement.
Proper Pina Coladas on me fellas!

jvalles69