Main Menu

UFC

Started by Hawka, November 13, 2010, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

For the first time last nite i watched the ufc and i must say i rely enjoyed it and im lookin fwd to watchin it on one hd ..for ppl who watched it last nite that punch by henderson on bisping was bloody amazing

8-6 Suited

I watch basically every UFC, have since very early on, but the one thing that sucks about it is there isn't nearly enough coverage here without it being main event pay per views.

OneHD needs to do some deals to open it up to the public with regular shown live.

DazBurg

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 13, 2010, 02:28:14 PM
I watch basically every UFC, have since very early on, but the one thing that sucks about it is there isn't nearly enough coverage here without it being main event pay per views.

OneHD needs to do some deals to open it up to the public with regular shown live.
true true well said Shaggy

Hawka

yer i guessed wat i watch last nite was a bit old

BratPack

Henderson is in Strikeforce now

Justin Bieber

I love watching UFC. But never get UFC or Boxing on Main Event. Only thing that puts me off for that is you never know how long matches can go for. I remember there was a lot of hype for this BIG match only for it to end 10 seconds in ::). Alot of angry people paid $40 to watch that 10 seconds!!!

I would love for One to get more UFC showings, even if they are a little old. Use to watch Ultimate fighter for the first couple of seasons. Got me into it :).

RiOtChEsS

if u have pay tv sunday nights on fuel tv has the ultimate fighter current season and plays replays from other seasons all week, its pretty much a UFC Survivor show with up and comers its brilliant

j959

I've been into UFC and other MMA for about 6mths now - saw it on the highlights shows (UFC Wired/UFC Unleashed) on OneHD and I didn't like it at first - i'm not squeamish but the blood made me feel like a bloodthirsty voyer.

Kept watching a bit more and started to hear and learn about the different strategies involved (stand-up/striking, BJJ, wrestling/grappling etc) and it became a bit more cerebral and less "human cockfighting" for me - can't get enough of it now.

If you don't have payTV subscript, good way to watch live is at a local pub. Usually shown on Sundays around 12pm AEDT depending on where the bouts are on in US/overseas.

UFC 123 is on this Sunday, think from 1300 AEDST - definitely recommend it if you can get to a pub putting it on, some cracker fights including Australian George Sotiropoulos fighting.

Hawka

didnt know theres was a aussie fighter thx man

j959

Quote from: hawka26 on November 17, 2010, 09:37:15 PM
didnt know theres was a aussie fighter thx man

Another decent Oz UFC fighter is Kyle Noake - he just fought last Sat, 13 Nov in Germany at UFC 122 and won.

Hawka

its on now and lookin fwd to it

Hawka

no fights last nite but had some good interviews rely like the aussie george  ;)

BratPack

George won again today. Submission by Kimura in the 2nd round. But that guy he faced gassed BIG time

j959

spewing - missed most of it (but family comes first, little one's playgroup b'day) so didn't get to see Hughes v Penn or Sotiropoulos v Lauzon.

But at least I did get to see Rampage v Machida, which wasn't bad.

BratPack

Quote from: j959 on November 24, 2010, 03:53:49 PM
spewing - missed most of it (but family comes first, little one's playgroup b'day) so didn't get to see Hughes v Penn or Sotiropoulos v Lauzon.

But at least I did get to see Rampage v Machida, which wasn't bad.

You didn't miss much with Hughes v Penn  :P

George did alright. Lauzon gassed badly though.