2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whynot102

Same for me going to trade and get an extra Orem in with the cash

Samsturmfels

Quote from: Ringo on March 30, 2021, 10:15:00 PM
Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 30, 2021, 10:06:20 PM
Trade out Neale and H.Jones to Dusty and Tex for scoring and cash generation purposes
vs
saving the trades for the long-term (have already used 2 trades).

Really keen to have quick cash gen and i feel Tex can make some quick cash and am worried about Neale possibly playing with an injury/being stuck in Melbourne. However, nearly every year except 1 I have run out of trades at least a couple of weeks early before the last round (I have played 9 years). I am generally aggressive with Injuries and rookies to try and improve my teams. This year will mostly likely be worse for injuries (due to shorter breaks between seasons and lower interchange cap) and the new concussion rule protocols.

Thoughts?
facing the same dilema. The pros are that Keep Neale given that he will still probably be a top 10 mid and save 2 trades - one to trade out and one to get back in.
Cons He has started poorly and will reduce in value so no issues if you are keeping. However if you feel you can use cash better and salvage points with the extra upgrades go for it.

So deciision for me is save 2 trades v increased points initially and then getting Neale when he bottoms out.
Yeah its very hard to know. If we have bad luck with injuries later on the season we may be wishing we didn't do the trades. Some people say trades should be worth 150k or something like that. When i am tight on trades at the end of the season it may be the difference between having a premo on the field vs having to field a rookie/a 0. But at the same time, i want my overall rank to keep climbing and the only way to that is to keep improving your team.

whynot102

Colliwobblers

Quote from: whynot102 on March 30, 2021, 10:35:24 PM
Boak vs Brayshaw

brayshaw 31 at 84% can't really go past boak either. two mot traded in players again (not in my team). Freo looking half good Fyfe playing fwd when back.

rozee back for port this week hopefully might take a few touches off butters and boak?

Thewizz71

Tex v Impey v Warner.
Replacing Caldwell. Looking for cash gen and points.
Current thinking is Tex, Warner, Impey in that order.

Fid

Quote from: Thewizz71 on March 30, 2021, 11:05:07 PM
Tex v Impey v Warner.
Replacing Caldwell. Looking for cash gen and points.
Current thinking is Tex, Warner, Impey in that order.

That's the same order I would put them in as well

jfitty

Big decision this week, still in the top 2k, unsure of going for gold or playing it safe:

Harry Jones > Campbell (only one trade)

OR

Nik Cox > Warner & Taranto > Brayshaw

Feel young Andy is the real deal this year

Wanderer

Bully

Quote from: Wanderer on April 01, 2021, 07:08:53 PM
Drop Dow or Daniher?

Drop Dow who to date is a 1 in 50 chance to break the 80 barrier.

RoughRed

Who to field Bergman or Fullaton or Rowe?

tkringle

Quote from: RoughRed on April 01, 2021, 08:06:50 PM
Who to field Bergman or Fullaton or Rowe?

Heard somewhere that Bergman likely to be the sub. Don’t have a source article or tweet that I can find for it though.

B.

Brining in a defender-
Ridley or
Mills/Short and use the 70/80k spare from them for future upgrades

Bully

Quote from: B. on April 13, 2021, 07:54:39 PM
Brining in a defender-
Ridley or

Grab Ridley I think, looks to be a cut above.

Gavdroid

Quote from: Bully on April 13, 2021, 08:57:56 PM
Quote from: B. on April 13, 2021, 07:54:39 PM
Brining in a defender-
Ridley or

Grab Ridley I think, looks to be a cut above.

X2

Colliwobblers

agree plus you save 30-50k getting ridley now instead of later.