2021 Player X vs. Player Y

Started by SilverLion, December 23, 2020, 12:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

tkringle

RoughRed

billnats

dmac07

Second trade this week? After Dow to Jordon.

Powell to Impey
Phillips to Butters
Phillips to Walker +191k, Switkowski +210k, Impey + 277k
H.Jones to L.McDonald.

MontyJnr

Impey v Tex

Have money to afford either.

Judd Magic

Judd Magic

Impey imo. Don't like KPF's in sc.

jfitty

Forward correction trade:

Campbell or Warner?

Don't mind the extra $$ saved going Warner, but Campbell might make cash a bit quicker?

Fid

Quote from: jfitty on March 30, 2021, 02:25:36 PM
Forward correction trade:

Campbell or Warner?

Don't mind the extra $$ saved going Warner, but Campbell might make cash a bit quicker?

I am lucky enough to have both.

I would go Campbell and on the plus side he is DPP

whynot102

Boak & Dunkley or Oliver and Butters

RoughRed

Quote from: whynot102 on March 30, 2021, 09:14:55 PM
Oliver & Butters for me ... no real logic one way the other as they are both great selections, just gut feel :o

Bully

Quote from: whynot102 on March 30, 2021, 09:14:55 PM

Toss up as Dunkley & Oliver are must haves.

Boak safer to hit 110 but could drop off from here and settle at 105 (don't think he goes lower). Butters has a lower floor but as a forward he stands more chance to be top 6.

Samsturmfels

Trade out Neale and H.Jones to Dusty and Tex for scoring and cash generation purposes
vs
saving the trades for the long-term (have already used 2 trades).

Really keen to have quick cash gen and i feel Tex can make some quick cash and am worried about Neale possibly playing with an injury/being stuck in Melbourne. However, nearly every year except 1 I have run out of trades at least a couple of weeks early before the last round (I have played 9 years). I am generally aggressive with Injuries and rookies to try and improve my teams. This year will mostly likely be worse for injuries (due to shorter breaks between seasons and lower interchange cap) and the new concussion rule protocols.

Thoughts?

Ringo

Quote from: Samsturmfels on March 30, 2021, 10:06:20 PM
Trade out Neale and H.Jones to Dusty and Tex for scoring and cash generation purposes
vs
saving the trades for the long-term (have already used 2 trades).

Really keen to have quick cash gen and i feel Tex can make some quick cash and am worried about Neale possibly playing with an injury/being stuck in Melbourne. However, nearly every year except 1 I have run out of trades at least a couple of weeks early before the last round (I have played 9 years). I am generally aggressive with Injuries and rookies to try and improve my teams. This year will mostly likely be worse for injuries (due to shorter breaks between seasons and lower interchange cap) and the new concussion rule protocols.

Thoughts?
facing the same dilema. The pros are that Keep Neale given that he will still probably be a top 10 mid and save 2 trades - one to trade out and one to get back in.
Cons He has started poorly and will reduce in value so no issues if you are keeping. However if you feel you can use cash better and salvage points with the extra upgrades go for it.

So deciision for me is save 2 trades v increased points initially and then getting Neale when he bottoms out.