Previous topic - Next topic

Peter

Fees, by the look of your notes, may as well have 8 rookies up forward

walloo44

Probably the worst premiums in a line I can remember so not that far a stretch

shaker

Quote from: walloo44 on February 02, 2021, 06:09:26 PM
I agree we have Danger who is under a injury cloud expensive and 31 this year , Martin who sort of plods along till finals , Sidey who I have never had in a SC team , Dunkley who is a gun mid in a team full of mids and the others you mentioned probably is the worst line of FWD premos since I started playing but everyone is in the same boat and will probably the line that can make or break your season.

crowls

Quote from: shaker on February 02, 2021, 07:24:32 PM
I agree we have Danger who is under a injury cloud expensive and 31 this year , Martin who sort of plods along till finals , Sidey who I have never had in a SC team , Dunkley who is a gun mid in a team full of mids and the others you mentioned probably is the worst line of FWD premos since I started playing but everyone is in the same boat and will probably the line that can make or break your season.
if i find the cash might go back to my ladhams pick.   

RoughRed

Quote from: crowls on February 02, 2021, 11:23:25 PM
Quote from: shaker on February 02, 2021, 07:24:32 PM
if i find the cash might go back to my ladhams pick.   
So Marshall, Ladhams plus i will add young Bailey (WCE) to the mix ... year of the Ruck/Fwd maybe!

RaisyDaisy

Danger, Dunkley, Dusty, Marshall, Sidebottom, Zorko, Walters, Heeney etc and you blokes are saying this is the worst prem fwd choices ever?

Bonkers  :o

crowls

dusty marshall are standout starting options,  danger overpriced for risks you need to take.   Dunkley if he was at essendon where he should be.  at dogs we dont know his role.   sidey - maybe - will avg 95-105, heeney - usual up and down depending on where he plays, Zorko and Walters only with other people's money,

for me 3 prems if Grundy preuss and 2 prems if GG.   

walloo44

I mean your looking at it from the perspective of these being good players. From a fantasy point of view, and with context around the players it’s very fair to say this years forwards are rubbish, with no secure premo picks. No surprises people are reaching for the likes of JZ and Daniher....

jerome

im looking at this years fwds completely different to some. these blokes are all mids that play forward for the most part.. they wouldn't be your first pick if they were mid only but they arent... the average score for a top 6 forward has been around the 95-105 mark anyway for a few years now.. excluding the odd outlier (whitfield, dusty etc)

all of these blokes are a lock to go min 95 and could all go well higher than 105 (danger, dusty, marshall, dunkley, sidey etc)

Pick any 6 of danger, sidey, dusty, heeney, marshall, zorko, dunkley, walters and they will be top 6-10 fwds come years end. Easiest line this year

RaisyDaisy

Jerome gets it

Quote from: walloo44 on February 03, 2021, 10:07:15 AM
I mean your looking at it from the perspective of these being good players. From a fantasy point of view, and with context around the players it’s very fair to say this years forwards are rubbish, with no secure premo picks. No surprises people are reaching for the likes of JZ and Daniher....

Couldn't disagree more

6+ guys who could all go 100+ easily, and that's rubbish? No secure picks?

The Top 6-7 forwards are clear cut. Couldn't be easier

People are looking at JZ/Daniher etc because we will likely need a few mid price cheap types like that, and they're forwards, not because they can't figure out who the top fwd prems are going to be

walloo44

Again, I don’t disagree there’s 6+ guys who “could” go 100+, in fact there might be more top end guys this year than last, but you are paying for that (6 players over 540k vs last year 3). And not only are you paying more  these 6 guys all have massive question marks around them.

I just can’t agree that Sidebottom, Walters, Dunkley, Dusty, Zorko can fit into this “easy” “clear cut” category.

None of them in my mind fit any category of: - - safe,
- value,
- consistent,
- breakout.
These are the main things we consider when we think premos or potential keepers.

In fact I’d call all of them, risky, inconsistent, bust candidates.

This ignores safer picks like danger (injury cloud and forward time) and Marshall (rucks all had inflated scores last year).

RaisyDaisy

The only thing that matters is picking the Top forwards. Whether they go 100+ or 90+ is somewhat irrelevant - they just need to be the best available forwards and that group is safe as houses to finish as the top forwards

There's a huge gap between them, and the next available forwards, which makes the forward prem line very easy this year

Now, deciding on which ones to start from that group isn't clear cut, but either way, you can't really go wrong as they should all be right up there

tommy10

Agree with RD here. Sure there is some doubt on some of the fwds roles, but we’re actually spoilt for choices this year compared to last year and maybe the year before. Danger, Dunks, Zorko, Dusty, Sidey and add the like of Ladhams and Marshall as ruck fwd, I’ll take that. It makes things interesting.

With Cameron in, you would think Danger would spend more mid time perhaps 70/30?? Likewise with Zorko with Joey and Nakia added to their fwds. Dunks obviously a risk with the uncertainty of his role, if they play him more fwd he’s gone to the Bombers next year or as an inside mid if they wanna keep him. Time will tell. Sidey is expensive and agree a risk but could easily go 105+ if they play him in the middle. Heeney is too risky for me with Buddy still out. You know what you’re gonna get with Dusty, starts off well, goes quiet and finishes strong. Butters/Bolton are ones I’m looking at as every chance they breakout and could average 95. Still haven’t decided on them yet...but wouldn’t say this is the worst year for fwds.

hawkers65

Sam Mitchell today confirmed Jarman Impey has trained as a defender all pre-season and will start the season in defence. He's 210k and averaged mid 80's over an 10 game stretch in defence before he did his ACL in 2019. Close to locked for me.

bowyanger

Anyone considering Paddy Dow?