2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Need to watch Martin regarding injury if going that route.   At his age probably will not also play all games. Fair option if he starts.

enzedder

Quote from: Ringo on January 28, 2021, 07:07:13 PM
Need to watch Martin regarding injury if going that route.   At his age probably will not also play all games. Fair option if he starts.
How about Fullarton instead of Treacy mate as R3 @128k. Treacy will be a good VC/C loophole but Fullarton might too plus offers the chance of being a cashcow. Thoughts or any peaty of wisdom?

Ringo

Gawn, Grundy and Marshall share the Rd 14 bye so that could put a dampener on the GG combination.

sidvicious

Would it be fair to say that Preuss would average at least 20 ppg less than Grundy or Gawn ?

Mat0369

Quote from: sidvicious on January 30, 2021, 01:08:23 AM
Would it be fair to say that Preuss would average at least 20 ppg less than Grundy or Gawn ?

It depends on what you see them averaging. Grundy would be 115 minimum, Gawn about 120 and I see best case scenario a 90 for Preuss.

dmac07

Quote from: Zabs on January 28, 2021, 06:12:58 PM
Is anyone keen on Stef Martin instead of Preuss?? At $276k, and a dominant midfield supporting him surely if fit he can make decent cash and be another decent stepping stone to Grundy.....

Two rucks don't usually score well together. Ryder and Marshall were an exception last year but I see Martin spending half his time forward or on the bench, with possible stints in the reserves if English is firing.

enzedder

Quote from: Zabs on January 28, 2021, 06:12:58 PM
Is anyone keen on Stef Martin instead of Preuss?? At $276k, and a dominant midfield supporting him surely if fit he can make decent cash and be another decent stepping stone to Grundy.....
34 year old who didn’t do any good as a 33 year old, going to a club that has Tim English on the rise who has more kilos added on since last season strikes me as a no. I know they are working together and Martin was recruited to assist but Preuss as #1 with a great average as sole ruck in the past makes it a no brainer to me.

Ringo

Two rucks did not work well at Brisbane imo last year. Stef appeared to be much slower around the ground and was not the influence he was previously possibly due to age catching up with him.  Note it was only when Stef was out that Big O's scores increased.

RaisyDaisy

Don't complicate it

Gawn, Grundy and Preuss are the only rucks to consider

Money Shot

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 01, 2021, 02:26:05 PM
Don't complicate it

Couldn’t agree more.

Mat0369

Quote from: Ringo on February 01, 2021, 11:35:40 AM
Two rucks did not work well at Brisbane imo last year. Stef appeared to be much slower around the ground and was not the influence he was previously possibly due to age catching up with him.  Note it was only when Stef was out that Big O's scores increased.

Wasn't Stef playing injured for the majority of the season? And it was a back which restricts mobility and how he gets around the ground

He is a trash forward regardless and if he does actually play with English he will play a lot of forward resulting in trash scores.

Ringo

Quote from: Money Shot on February 01, 2021, 02:36:30 PM
Don't complicate it

Couldn’t agree more.
Well said and agree. Just need to work out which one to partner Preuss. Will Gawn drop enough to enable upgrade given his nice early draw verse Grundy will he bounce back after 2020?  Suspect the upgrade after the Round 14 bye which Gawn and Grundy share.

whynot102

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ringo on February 01, 2021, 05:33:41 PM
Don't complicate it

Couldn’t agree more.
Well said and agree. Just need to work out which one to partner Preuss. Will Gawn drop enough to enable upgrade given his nice early draw verse Grundy will he bounce back after 2020?  Suspect the upgrade after the Round 14 bye which Gawn and Grundy share.

I've started GG for the last 3 years iirc, so not starting one of them feels so wrong, but at this stage as much as it pains me, I'm not starting Gawn

The only logic I am using is that Gawn won't back up 140 with normal length quarters, so should drop in price where as Grundy is capable of backing up 120

Grundy was absolutely gassed last year - you could see how buggered he was, so I'm backing him to bounce back

I think Preuss is capable of going 90ish, but we just need him to A) Stay fit, and B) punch out the odd 120 to crank up the cash gen, and then he should be able to hit 500k+, and Gawn could drop to 650kish, so Preuss to Gawn shouldn't be too hard

That's perfect world stuff though, so definitely a risk - Preuss could get injured etc, but that's where I stand atm

dmac07

Quote from: Ringo on February 01, 2021, 05:33:41 PM
Don't complicate it

Couldn’t agree more.

One other legitimate option, even though most are putting him forward, is Marshall. I'm thinking about Grundy Marshall. Then swapping a topped out forward to Gawn at the byes by shifting Marshall forward.