2021 Ruck Options

Started by crowls, December 22, 2020, 09:05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabretooth Tigers

;)

Have been Gawn, Grundy, Treacy with Marshall forward in all my teams. Still the same, with final decision depending on when Marshall will play. If I'm only going to miss one game with him, why not save a trade ?

:o

shaker

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 18, 2021, 04:14:13 AM
;)

Have been Gawn, Grundy, Treacy with Marshall forward in all my teams. Still the same, with final decision depending on when Marshall will play. If I'm only going to miss one game with him, why not save a trade ?

Reading the article it says he will be sidelined for at least 4 weeks with hope he can ramp up his recovery after that so that sounds like he is going to be out for more than R1 , looking at that I will not start him unless there is any good news before R1.

Sabretooth Tigers

Quote from: shaker on February 18, 2021, 09:14:04 AM
Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on February 18, 2021, 04:14:13 AM
;)

Reading the article it says he will be sidelined for at least 4 weeks with hope he can ramp up his recovery after that so that sounds like he is going to be out for more than R1 , looking at that I will not start him unless there is any good news before R1.

Thanks mate. Guess I'm back to plan z

enzedder

Quote from: Zabs on January 28, 2021, 06:12:58 PM
Is anyone keen on Stef Martin instead of Preuss?? At $276k, and a dominant midfield supporting him surely if fit he can make decent cash and be another decent stepping stone to Grundy.....
The difference is Preuss was #1 ruck with a fair sample of games behind him as #1 to say he was good value.
Stef will be providing cover to English. His role, game time and security is unknown and may vary week to week for all we know. He is well past 30 and recent years don’t instill much confidence. A no for mine.

RaisyDaisy

Looks like forking out the extra 20k for Flynn at R3 is the way to go for the time being

Surely he gets his chance now - been there long enough and Mummy can't play every week

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 18, 2021, 01:11:41 PM
Looks like forking out the extra 20k for Flynn at R3 is the way to go for the time being

Surely he gets his chance now - been there long enough and Mummy can't play every week
Yep was looking at their other rucks as well Mummy is old and any injury to him and Flynn will be in like Flynn.

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on February 18, 2021, 01:28:54 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 18, 2021, 01:11:41 PM

Yep was looking at their other rucks as well Mummy is old and any injury to him and Flynn will be in like Flynn.
Not alone there with that thought as he more tan likely will play and make cash. Easy downgrade to treacey when Preuss returns.

Bluesman

Can't believe I'm thinking this but is Tom Campbell an option at all at $154,700? Apparently he did alot of the grunt work at intraclub match and he may give us some flexibility with Treacy as a Ruck/Fwd. Both are outside chances of game time but might also get us out of a pickle...

shaker

Quote from: Bluesman on February 20, 2021, 02:51:48 AM
Can't believe I'm thinking this but is Tom Campbell an option at all at $154,700? Apparently he did alot of the grunt work at intraclub match and he may give us some flexibility with Treacy as a Ruck/Fwd. Both are outside chances of game time but might also get us out of a pickle...
Even with Goldy copping a whack in the ribs he has been ultra durable through his career Campbell might get games but so might Fullarton who is a bit cheaper ? Marshall going down has taken the best ruck cover.

IntegralX

Oscar McInerney anyone? With Daniher in the forward line and Stef Martin gone, along with Archie Smith being amongst the worst players on an AFL list, he should assume the full time ruck duties for Brissy.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: IntegralX on February 20, 2021, 04:50:24 PM
Oscar McInerney anyone? With Daniher in the forward line and Stef Martin gone, along with Archie Smith being amongst the worst players on an AFL list, he should assume the full time ruck duties for Brissy.

He did a fair bit of solo rucking last year - is good for 90+ and would be attractive if he had F, but not as R only

Daniher is pinch hitting ruck

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 20, 2021, 05:11:45 PM
Quote from: IntegralX on February 20, 2021, 04:50:24 PM

He did a fair bit of solo rucking last year - is good for 90+ and would be attractive if he had F, but not as R only

Daniher is pinch hitting ruck
Agree with RD here and based on the intraclub Fullarton will get a crack before Archie. If Big O had F status as well a no brainer.  Although his scores will increase can not see him competing with the 3 Gs Gawn, Grundy and Goldstein.

timtim

Surely all ruck conversations should be about who to R3?

And a set is cheeky Treacy

102k, DPP, and bagged 6 at intraclub

tommy10

Quote from: timtim on February 20, 2021, 06:14:41 PM
Surely all ruck conversations should be about who to R3?

And a set is cheeky Treacy

102k, DPP, and bagged 6 at intraclub
Flynn looks good for R3 and Tracey F8

Sabretooth Tigers

:)

If Treacy and Fullarton  had any likelihood of getting games would it be worth plating one at R.3 and the other at F.8 ?

;)