Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

Quote from: IntegralX on March 11, 2020, 01:51:23 AM
Quote from: TomK on March 11, 2020, 01:16:32 AM
Quote from: IntegralX on March 10, 2020, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Gavdroid on March 10, 2020, 11:53:55 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 10, 2020, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: Pokerface on March 10, 2020, 05:10:50 PM
Noone seems to be pointing to a media source where he said it, but several sc sources on twitter stating Dew naming Rowell, Anderson, Budarik and Rankine to debut rd 1.

https://twitter.com/SCElites/status/1237213034239512577

This sort of stuff irks me

All these "SC Twitter" accounts stating it like it's fact, when all Dew said was that those guys were in the mix

Of course a coach isn't going to state 4 rookies are debuting when there's still 10 days until they play  ::)

"They [Rowell and Anderson] will be hard to keep out. They are tracking really well, Connor Budarick as well,” coach Stuart Dew said.

“He has had a good summer. I think we are all excited for when Izak plays his first game, we would love for that to be round one,” Dew said.

It's encouraging, but not fact like all these twitter accounts are portraying

Sharp wasn't mentioned? 5 debutantes from one team might be a bit much to hope for.

If people are looking at 200k rookies is Tyson Stengle worth a look? Probably takes Betts' spot at the Crows

Crocker would get the first crack at that spot before Stengle no? Crocker's output was ok in the 2 games...
Stengle's a lock, Crocker is competing with Davis/Murphy/Himmelberg/Frampton (only one of Himm/Frampton picked if either) for three spots in R1.

Crocker isn't competing with Himmelberg/Frampton. They're talls. He's competing with Davis/Murphy/Stengle, and has clearly been the best of that quartet through the Marsh games. All 4 of them played in both.
Stengle is a lock to play R1 for me, his pressure was so much better than Crocker.
Murphy should be in line ahead of Crocker and Davis not far off.
Himmelberg likely ahead of Frampton, but that depends if they liked the Walker as backup ruck option.

TomK

Quote from: IntegralX on March 11, 2020, 01:51:23 AM
Quote from: TomK on March 11, 2020, 01:16:32 AM
Quote from: IntegralX on March 10, 2020, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Gavdroid on March 10, 2020, 11:53:55 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 10, 2020, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: Pokerface on March 10, 2020, 05:10:50 PM
Noone seems to be pointing to a media source where he said it, but several sc sources on twitter stating Dew naming Rowell, Anderson, Budarik and Rankine to debut rd 1.

https://twitter.com/SCElites/status/1237213034239512577

This sort of stuff irks me

All these "SC Twitter" accounts stating it like it's fact, when all Dew said was that those guys were in the mix

Of course a coach isn't going to state 4 rookies are debuting when there's still 10 days until they play  ::)

"They [Rowell and Anderson] will be hard to keep out. They are tracking really well, Connor Budarick as well,” coach Stuart Dew said.

“He has had a good summer. I think we are all excited for when Izak plays his first game, we would love for that to be round one,” Dew said.

It's encouraging, but not fact like all these twitter accounts are portraying

Sharp wasn't mentioned? 5 debutantes from one team might be a bit much to hope for.

If people are looking at 200k rookies is Tyson Stengle worth a look? Probably takes Betts' spot at the Crows

Crocker would get the first crack at that spot before Stengle no? Crocker's output was ok in the 2 games...
Stengle's a lock, Crocker is competing with Davis/Murphy/Himmelberg/Frampton (only one of Himm/Frampton picked if either) for three spots in R1.

Crocker isn't competing with Himmelberg/Frampton. They're talls. He's competing with Davis/Murphy/Stengle, and has clearly been the best of that quartet through the Marsh games. All 4 of them played in both.
Yes he is cause it depends on what structure we want to go into the game with, it could change any given week with matchups and whether we want EH/BF there as more ruck support and an extra tall up forward. Nicks said after our second Marsh game that one of Himmelberg/Frampton will likely play R1, one of Davis/Crocker/Murphy would be the one to drop out.

bkimm32

Not a rookie but with the lack of quality mids, is daicos a decent cash cow option? A little on the expensive side at 259k but looks set for a decent season and even a 75 average (which is quite easily achievable) will make around 150k give or take, which is more than what we can say about most rookies. Plus, he looks to be confidently in collingwoods best 22. His JS should be strong as he’s performing.

Sorry didn’t know where else to post

Gigantor

Quote from: bkimm32 on March 11, 2020, 04:25:37 PM
Not a rookie but with the lack of quality mids, is daicos a decent cash cow option? A little on the expensive side at 259k but looks set for a decent season and even a 75 average (which is quite easily achievable) will make around 150k give or take, which is more than what we can say about most rookies. Plus, he looks to be confidently in collingwoods best 22. His JS should be strong as he’s performing.

Sorry didn’t know where else to post
No change, would have to averave 80+ to make 150k in a decent time.

Ingram

Had anyone mentioned Fort yet?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Ingram on March 11, 2020, 05:13:41 PM

Yeah I was keeping an eye on him

260k is award, and in the Marsh match he played first half and Stanley played 2nd half, so it looks like they're still figuring out who gets first crack

One bad game could see him dropped - prob not a great option all things considered

Ingram

Going Steven down to Fort let's me fine tune a little further and of shtf with defense rookies I might be forced to do it anyway. He scored very well while being on the ground.

jvalles69

I would not trust a single thing Geelong do, so no chance am I trusting borderline guys.  How many late out's did they have last minute last season?

Mat0369

Quote from: Ingram on March 11, 2020, 05:13:41 PM

Yeah, he is one that could be decent value for money. He looked pretty agile running around the ground the other day against the Bombers. I have him as one I could look at if the forward rookies end up a complete mess. These are a few of the other awkwardly priced options

Narkle - He is 396k and mid only. Played in a hell of a lot of the CB's through pre-season. Selwood and Duncan are still to come in but both are wings for the Cats so at his price he could be a high risk high reward option.

Hately - 300k and will take Taranto's spot in the side. Has looked amazing through the pre-season games and is primed for a breakout. Could very well go for 90 and be a stepping stone.

Gibbs - 375k and probably the in between on Hately and Narkle. Has averaged at least 90 in all but 3 seasons in his career.

Vandenberg - 248k and already injured. Pass

Harry Morrison - 287k and looks to have locked down a defensive rebounding role at the Hawks.

Ridley - 322k and had him pegged for a breakout last year. Looked excellent again this preseason and with the Dons injuries he could produce.

Trent McKenzie - 298k and could be taking a lot of kickouts for Port. Was excellent early in his career at the Suns with his damaging boot and then fell off a cliff. Very risky but if desperation comes knocking

Birchall - 292k and his body has been cooked in recent times. Has been a proven 85+ scorer in the past and looks to have a role.

Cumming - 245k with a half back slot looking like it could be his. Too fringe to be paying that price but probably less worries health wise compared to a Birchall.

Then there a bunch like Townsend, Long, Rayner, Butler etc. that scream meh at best.

RaisyDaisy

Forgot Bewley Mat

Bewley, Fort, Cumming, Roberton and Noble are the only guys in the 200-300k range I'd consider (pending team selection etc)

RaisyDaisy

"It's a unique position for us. You've got the (Todd) Goldstein type (at North Melbourne) who can ruck all day, and you just need a pinch-hit forward.

"We don't need that with Nic, we need a forward who can play 50 minutes in the ruck.

"That's why in the past we've played a (Scott) Lycett, a (Nathan) Vardy, even a Cal Sinclair.

"Bailey Williams, Nathan Vardy, Tom Hickey and Oscar Allen are all options we're working through."

At least he said Williams name first  ;D

Simpson added that Friday's session would go a long way to proving whether Jarrod Brander assumes the wing role vacated by Chris Masten.

Friday will be huge for Williams and Brander (and us!)

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 11, 2020, 10:43:13 PM
"It's a unique position for us. You've got the (Todd) Goldstein type (at North Melbourne) who can ruck all day, and you just need a pinch-hit forward.

"We don't need that with Nic, we need a forward who can play 50 minutes in the ruck.

"That's why in the past we've played a (Scott) Lycett, a (Nathan) Vardy, even a Cal Sinclair.

"Bailey Williams, Nathan Vardy, Tom Hickey and Oscar Allen are all options we're working through."

At least he said Williams name first  ;D

Simpson added that Friday's session would go a long way to proving whether Jarrod Brander assumes the wing role vacated by Chris Masten.

Friday will be huge for Williams and Brander (and us!)

Prior to seeing Williams, I was hoping the eagles would play Nic Nat an extra 10-15 mins ruck a game and just go with Oscar Allen.

Surely they can’t go with Allen from no preseason games in that role.

It will be Williams.

Southstorm

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 11, 2020, 01:15:29 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 10, 2020, 11:56:47 PM
Mitch Hibberd is listed as a test for the Bombers. I doubt he would play straight up round 1 but might be one to keep an eye on

If the mid rookie situation remains as bad as it appears, there's a fair chance I might just start him - he can sit at M11 and be used to loop until he debuts

Alternatively he will be a handy downgrade target
realistically Mitch is a long way from debut and I wouldn't expect him to play before the bye. Even if he was fit I don't see him in our round 1 starting 22 which is far from full strength as it is.

Definitely a handy downgrade target for later trades, and might be a downgrade that plays the second half of the season though.

timtim

Quote from: Southstorm on March 11, 2020, 11:41:12 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 11, 2020, 01:15:29 AM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 10, 2020, 11:56:47 PM
Mitch Hibberd is listed as a test for the Bombers. I doubt he would play straight up round 1 but might be one to keep an eye on

If the mid rookie situation remains as bad as it appears, there's a fair chance I might just start him - he can sit at M11 and be used to loop until he debuts

Alternatively he will be a handy downgrade target
realistically Mitch is a long way from debut and I wouldn't expect him to play before the bye. Even if he was fit I don't see him in our round 1 starting 22 which is far from full strength as it is.

Definitely a handy downgrade target for later trades, and might be a downgrade that plays the second half of the season though.

Yes I hope so

Maybe I’m worrying too much now, but I’m not sure if they lack of rookies now will translate into an even emptier cupboard later in the season

sidvicious