The Rookies Thread 2020

Started by RaisyDaisy, December 29, 2019, 10:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

I traded Xerri to Schoenberg, McAsey to Watson, then Watson to Sholl and I still have one trade.  ;D

jfitty

Quote from: jvalles69 on August 11, 2020, 02:30:51 PM
I traded Xerri to Schoenberg, McAsey to Watson, then Watson to Sholl and I still have one trade.  ;D

That has to be some sort of bug right ??? ???

tkringle

So you traded Watson to Sholl before Fremantle played yeah?

So looks like if you trade in a player and they are not named, you can trade them out before the team plays without incurring another trade?

jvalles69

Quote from: tkringle on August 11, 2020, 03:09:35 PM

So looks like if you trade in a player and they are not named, you can trade them out before the team plays without incurring another trade?

Correct and yes that seems the gist of it.

bkimm32

Quote from: tkringle on August 11, 2020, 03:09:35 PM

This is so handy to know. Can make the bulk of your trades before teams are named and still correct them afterwards if someone is missing. It’s flowered me over a couple times now waiting last minute for teams to be announced to make trades, and then forgetting about it and missing out on certain players because of it..

I wonder why supercoach didn’t make this public knowledge?

PowerBug

Because it’s not meant to be a feature and I doubt it will be something you can use moving forward. It’s meant to cost you a trade each time you hit confirm (in this scenario).

shaker

Quote from: PowerBug on August 11, 2020, 04:48:42 PM
Because it’s not meant to be a feature and I doubt it will be something you can use moving forward. It’s meant to cost you a trade each time you hit confirm (in this scenario).
Yes I'm waiting for the first post saying it did not work for them.

MontyJnr

Mosquito or Riccardi?

Leaning towards Riccardi on price, but was he just covering for Finlayson who was 1 of 2 players that had kicked a goal in every game before he was strangely dropped?

shaker

Quote from: MontyJnr on August 25, 2020, 01:46:31 PM
Mosquito or Riccardi?

Leaning towards Riccardi on price, but was he just covering for Finlayson who was 1 of 2 players that had kicked a goal in every game before he was strangely dropped?
Did you watch the game ? Riccardi was one of better GWS players 12 kicks 4 handballs 10 marks and kicked 2.1 way more than Finlayson has done all year and all in his first game , Mosquito had a good first game but think out of the two he is more likely to come out and do nothing next game Riccardi for me.

tommy10

Quote from: shaker on August 25, 2020, 02:12:53 PM
Quote from: MontyJnr on August 25, 2020, 01:46:31 PM
Mosquito or Riccardi?

Did you watch the game ? Riccardi was one of better GWS players 12 kicks 4 handballs 10 marks and kicked 2.1 way more than Finlayson has done all year and all in his first game , Mosquito had a good first game but think out of the two he is more likely to come out and do nothing next game Riccardi for me.
Both can be dropped after a bad game imo. Both have had their bye, both fwds but I can understand people choose Riccardi based on price, but imo I think Mosquito adds that extra speed and polish in the fwd line that the Bombers need.

RaisyDaisy

You're not going to need them for the next 3 weeks, and who knows if any of them will still be playing for the last 2 games that you might actually need them

For that reason, pick the cheapest guy who looked good - Riccardi

RoughRed

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2020, 01:09:49 AM
You're not going to need them for the next 3 weeks, and who knows if any of them will still be playing for the last 2 games that you might actually need them

This I agree with ... compromised season with only a short time to go

crowls

Quote from: RoughRed on August 26, 2020, 01:45:59 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on August 26, 2020, 01:09:49 AM

This I agree with ... compromised season with only a short time to go
+1  Best 18 scorers they are likely to be scorer and if so only marginal gain.   Go  for cash if you need it to upgrade a F/D 6 to a prem or M8 to a superprem.     

Mat0369

I'm thinking both. It nets me a bunch of cash for Simpson and Cameron who both need to go. I can then look at upgrading Bell or Williamson to finish off a line and get a legit premium instead of someone like Jack Martin or Sheppard type.