Top 5 forwards

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: coglan13 on January 31, 2020, 09:07:19 AM
Reportedly only a 1 week injury for Steven. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Might just be the 1 week, but you hate hearing "calf" when it's an older player

A solid outing in the Marsh series would be nice

Ringo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 31, 2020, 10:17:24 AM
Quote from: coglan13 on January 31, 2020, 09:07:19 AM
Reportedly only a 1 week injury for Steven. I wouldn't write him off just yet.

Might just be the 1 week, but you hate hearing "calf" when it's an older player

A solid outing in the Marsh series would be nice
Agree with RD here how many Calf injuries to older players have we seen grow out to weeks over the years. Will need to show something in Marsh Cup with fair amount on TOG to come back into my team.

crowls

Calves,  the injury that keeps on giving.    unless he is full fitness for marsh will have to swap him out for dev,

oh_lol

Anyone like the look of Darcy? Had him sitting in my team for a bit.

enzedder

Longmire reports yesterday stated Heeney is likely to spend considerable time fwd. Not that much of a surprise. Still be an okay pick. I wasn't planning on starting him anyway. Certainly not now.

oh_lol

I would've thought he'd play more mid this year after Swans picked up Lewis Taylor and Sam Gray as well as their young players like Blakely stepping up.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: oh_lol on February 14, 2020, 04:59:42 PM
I would've thought he'd play more mid this year after Swans picked up Lewis Taylor and Sam Gray as well as their young players like Blakely stepping up.

Like Horse said he will still play fwd, and that's probably because he's their most dynamic forward outside of Bud. I wouldn't want to be relying on the likes of Gray and Taylor to kick enough goals

Nothing is really changing for Heeney

He'll continue to play mid and fwd, and that should see him averaging the same as of recent years

100+ once he becomes a full time mid imo, but for now I expect the same as usual from him

That said, I can't see him going up in price much - so can be an upgrade target

walloo44

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 14, 2020, 05:46:28 PM
Quote from: oh_lol on February 14, 2020, 04:59:42 PM

Like Horse said he will still play fwd, and that's probably because he's their most dynamic forward outside of Bud. I wouldn't want to be relying on the likes of Gray and Taylor to kick enough goals

Nothing is really changing for Heeney

He'll continue to play mid and fwd, and that should see him averaging the same as of recent years

100+ once he becomes a full time mid imo, but for now I expect the same as usual from him

That said, I can't see him going up in price much - so can be an upgrade target

Good to see your finally off the Heeney boat. Absolutely no reason to start this man until his a full time mid (if ever). He’ll always be available later for a nice 50k discount!

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: walloo44 on February 14, 2020, 06:52:18 PM
Good to see your finally off the Heeney boat. Absolutely no reason to start this man until his a full time mid (if ever). He’ll always be available later for a nice 50k discount!

Not completely ruling out not starting him, but he was only my F3 because I just felt that my forward line looked too weak without a prem at F3, and he's literally the only 400k+ fwd I like other than Whitfield and Dusty so Heeney was there by default

Starting to look like a cheap F3 is feasible now, hence Heeney out

eaglesman

Is anyone else deliberately not bringing up someone else up forward? I have seen his name once in fan footy forums but just scrolled through every posted team and haven’t seen him selected?

I posted my team with jack Steven at f3 but I reckon there is someone else that’s a dead set lock for that spot in the 400k-500k range.

Fully expecting his name to be talked about soon so I won’t ruin the surprise.

erich1036

Quote from: eaglesman on February 15, 2020, 12:22:23 AM
Is anyone else deliberately not bringing up someone else up forward? I have seen his name once in fan footy forums but just scrolled through every posted team and haven’t seen him selected?

I posted my team with jack Steven at f3 but I reckon there is someone else that’s a dead set lock for that spot in the 400k-500k range.

Hmmm, Wingard?

Grazz

Greenwood.  8)

enzedder

Quote from: Grazz on February 15, 2020, 12:58:00 AM

Greenwood.  8)
In my team

RaisyDaisy

Greenwood isn't a surprise - everyone on Discord has talked about him ;)

Seems he's quite a popular option, but like many others in that price range I just don't see the need to start them as they're not exactly cheap - think I'd rather see how they go first then bring them in later if warranted - won't cost much more

I think he can go low 90's, so won't go up a heap in price and can look at him later

Other than Whitfield and Dusty, don't love any of the prem priced guys so will likely go cheap at F3 ala Dev etc

eaglesman

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on February 15, 2020, 08:03:22 AM
Greenwood isn't a surprise - everyone on Discord has talked about him ;)

Seems he's quite a popular option, but like many others in that price range I just don't see the need to start them as they're not exactly cheap - think I'd rather see how they go first then bring them in later if warranted - won't cost much more

I think he can go low 90's, so won't go up a heap in price and can look at him later

Other than Whitfield and Dusty, don't love any of the prem priced guys so will likely go cheap at F3 ala Dev etc

This is probably a fair argument even for the guy I’m think is a lock for our f3. I got dev still at f4.

For the record I am not being mysterious I just feel like other people must be for this bloke to literally only be mentioned once on fan footy in 2020