Top 5 forwards

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Not much love for JZ. Surely as good a chance as any to average 95+

Fid

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 27, 2019, 06:15:42 PM
I've had a close look at all the forward options, and I think it's fair to say that 90 is the benchmark this year

Whitfield, Dusty, Walters and Heeney are the only 4 high end prems I would consider, as they're capable of 95+ and I don't think there's many other fwds who can do that

Then I'd be looking at Buddy/Tmac/Steven/Dev as I am very confident those 4 will be able to match or go close enough to anyone else that's up there besides the 4 prems I mentioned,  and are bargain priced

Start 2-4 of Whit/Dusty/Walters/Heeney and 2-4 of Buddy/Tmac/Steven/Dev. Forget about the rest

Any love for Stephen Hill?  I have him down back but still?

Mat0369

Isn't Hill sub 200k? I'll probably go lighter down back and slot him in at D5/D6

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Fid on December 29, 2019, 07:56:19 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 27, 2019, 06:15:42 PM
I've had a close look at all the forward options, and I think it's fair to say that 90 is the benchmark this year

Whitfield, Dusty, Walters and Heeney are the only 4 high end prems I would consider, as they're capable of 95+ and I don't think there's many other fwds who can do that

Then I'd be looking at Buddy/Tmac/Steven/Dev as I am very confident those 4 will be able to match or go close enough to anyone else that's up there besides the 4 prems I mentioned,  and are bargain priced

Start 2-4 of Whit/Dusty/Walters/Heeney and 2-4 of Buddy/Tmac/Steven/Dev. Forget about the rest

Any love for Stephen Hill?  I have him down back but still?

Yeah I didn't even mention him because he's basically a rookie at that price. No brainer if he plays R1

Quote from: meow meow on December 29, 2019, 07:46:18 PM

He went 95 once, 7 years ago

The 8 guys I mentioned are literally the only 8 forwards I am considering

JZ, Cameron etc are not good picks at their price, and GAJ/Greene etc have injury/suspension risks

I had Walters in my 8 but that was just because he went 100 - reality is the other 7 are the only 7 fwds I'm really considering

SilverLion

Lock in Martin and Whitfield. Then go one or two of Dev/Steven/Franklin and rookies.

meow meow

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 29, 2019, 11:03:46 PM
Quote from: MEOW on December 29, 2019, 07:56:19 PM

He went 95 once, 7 years ago

JZ had the 8th best average, but was the 6th best forward last year out of all the 2020 listed forwards when you factor in games missed.

He played 22 at 90.9.

Toby and Jezza averaged more but missed games so there's either burnt trades or replacement scores (probably from rookies unless you had an extra premo to cover).

Average of 94.3 post bye. Shaw knows where to play him.

Shouldn't dismiss so soon.

meow meow

Terrible first 5 rounds at 71.5 then went at 96.6 for the remainder of the year.

RaisyDaisy

Pay full price for JZ when the likes of Bud, Tmac, Steven and Dev are a truck load cheaper

No thanks

Holz

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 06, 2020, 11:12:30 PM
Pay full price for JZ when the likes of Bud, Tmac, Steven and Dev are a truck load cheaper

No thanks

while im not picking him all 4 of those guys have reasons they are priced below JZ. He has gone back to back 22 game seasons and when in role he easily goes 90+

id rather go Greene though at that price point even though he is a little injury prone.

JZ is likely just going to be a ok solid pick unless he is played FF alot which i dont think he will.

RaisyDaisy

JZ should go 90ish, I'm not saying he's a bad pick per se, but at his price surely the likes of Dusty and Heeney are much better picks, and I have to assume nobody is starting 4 full priced fwds so JZ isn't a starting option for that reason

coglan13

Buddy just had knee surgery. Might still make round 1 but I'm crossing him off my list as a starter.

jvalles69

Quote from: coglan13 on January 08, 2020, 01:26:16 PM
Buddy just had knee surgery. Might still make round 1 but I'm crossing him off my list as a starter.

Annoying for those who had crossed him off already.  ::)

duffercoat

Anyone looked at Brad Ebert?

Averaged 100 pre-concussion and then was a shell of himself after he came back.

Priced at 76 (416k) makes him a reasonable mid-price forward.

Peter

No one at Port  is SC relevant

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Peter on January 14, 2020, 07:10:58 PM
No one at Port  is SC relevant

Houston/DBJ are legit options for DEF, but I don't think I'd be looking at any forwards

I'm sure Robbie Gray will do something to tempt me at some stage  :-X