Top 5 forwards

Started by meow meow, December 27, 2019, 03:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstorm

One I'm most unsure about is Whitfield. His body is seemingly made of play-doh, he's susceptible to the tag and he's starting at a high watermark of $600k but his scoring potential is huge and as such if he gets a run at it, there's a chance he won't be any cheaper at the bye rounds.

I know I'm going to finish the season with him in my team, question is start with him or without him.

IntegralX

Looking at the forwards this year and my only reaction is "thanks I hate it"

Whitfield, Dusty and Greene were the only premos I was seriously considering; the first 2 are a near certainty to finish 1-2 so decision made I guess.

Hoggyz_a_legend

Quote from: Southstorm on January 22, 2020, 11:17:36 PM
One I'm most unsure about is Whitfield. His body is seemingly made of play-doh, he's susceptible to the tag and he's starting at a high watermark of $600k but his scoring potential is huge and as such if he gets a run at it, there's a chance he won't be any cheaper at the bye rounds.

I know I'm going to finish the season with him in my team, question is start with him or without him.

This is my exact thinking. Only reason I'm not starting Kelly is cos of his durability. Scoring is unquestionable, but body? Not so much.

Whitfield will be one of the top avging players, let alone fwds. But does he play 20+ games? Not so sure.

At the moment he's in, but he's not as locked as my mids and rucks.

Money Shot

1. Martin
2. Whitfield
3. Heeney
4. Steven
5. Greenwood

Parish another smokie.

My top 5 based on average this year.

Whitfield, Martin, Steven, Smith my starting lineup.

crowls

Quote from: Money Shot on January 24, 2020, 12:34:13 PM
1. Martin
2. Whitfield
3. Heeney
4. Steven
5. Greenwood

Parish another smokie.

I agree MS, likely to be a few others bubble during the season, I had Parish for a large part of last year and expect to see him continue to develop consistency.  85 downside with 95 as upside.  IF I had the funds it would be martin, heeney, greenwood and steven to start and whitfield an early upgrade option. 

LordSneeze

Quote from: crowls on January 24, 2020, 01:54:13 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on January 24, 2020, 12:34:13 PM
1. Martin
2. Whitfield
3. Heeney
4. Steven
5. Greenwood

Parish another smokie.

I agree MS, likely to be a few others bubble during the season, I had Parish for a large part of last year and expect to see him continue to develop consistency.  85 downside with 95 as upside.  IF I had the funds it would be martin, heeney, greenwood and steven to start and whitfield an early upgrade option.

That is my ideal starting 4 for the forward line. Not sure if there funds will be there for 3P + 1MP

Woppa15

Normally like to keep away from key forwards but anyone think another year for ‘The Rat’ and addition of Jenkins to Geelong could help Hawkins? Take some pressure off and also remove the predictability of being the only real inside 50 target?

Would be a risk.

eaglesman

Laughing at the people with doubts on whitfield.

Peter

Agreed - talk about in same breath as GG

Bones Bombers

It will all come down to the rookies. If there are enough forward rookies available and looking good I’ll start Cripps as my fifth mid. If not, I’ll start Whitfield and play an extra mid rookie.

IntegralX

Everyone in this thread sleeping on Michael Walters. Given how weak the fwds are this year he should be a lock for top 5. I wouldn't start him though as he's fully priced.

Peter

Had him for ages, but changed him as he is “fully priced”

eaglesman

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 29, 2019, 07:25:05 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on December 27, 2019, 06:15:42 PM
I've had a close look at all the forward options, and I think it's fair to say that 90 is the benchmark this year

Whitfield, Dusty, Walters and Heeney are the only 4 high end prems I would consider, as they're capable of 95+ and I don't think there's many other fwds who can do that

Then I'd be looking at Buddy/Tmac/Steven/Dev as I am very confident those 4 will be able to match or go close enough to anyone else that's up there besides the 4 prems I mentioned,  and are bargain priced

Start 2-4 of Whit/Dusty/Walters/Heeney and 2-4 of Buddy/Tmac/Steven/Dev. Forget about the rest

Swap T-Mac with Acres. I see him going 85 at worst on the wing.

The one that would take the big balls to start but could win you the whole thing is Greene. He tore the back end of the season to shreds but also played a lot through the middle due to injuries.

I’ll throw one more in and that’s big Tom Lynch. Someone I’m considering starting ahead of heeney/Walters if I can make the coin work and should be unique as.

IntegralX

Steven getting a calf injury has put a line through him for me. I’ve got Smith for now, but I’m actually very keen to watch Acres at Freo. Should get 22 games on the opposite wing to Hill. 387k is a tad awkward but I like the upside.

coglan13

Reportedly only a 1 week injury for Steven. I wouldn't write him off just yet.