2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: iZander on October 06, 2018, 08:05:09 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2018, 08:02:27 PM
Quote from: iZander on October 06, 2018, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: SilverLion on October 06, 2018, 07:27:28 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 06, 2018, 07:21:02 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2018, 07:09:17 PM
Quote from: Ringo on October 06, 2018, 06:40:02 PM
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/freo-midfielder-lachie-neale-committed-to-brisbane-trade-20181006-p5085t.html

Neale committed to Brisbane and maybe a 6 year contract worth $1m a year.r

Wow no wonder he wants to head up there. Crazy money imo
1m a year for elite mids is just the the norm these days the money being reportedly thrown at Shiel is a bit silly a lesser player than Neale IMO
Agreed. Worth every cent.
Yep far from the worst guy on a mil, atleast this guy can play football and isnt just payed a mil cause he is tall

Don't get me wrong, I rate Neale. But as far as I'm concerned small inside mids aren't the ones that should be on the big money. As an Eagles fan I do lean toward teams being built around key position talent though tbf haha
haha key positions, particularly forwards are way overpayed :P Even the shower ones attract 600k easy...Bloody Tyrone Vickery got that when he was a proven spud. About time they payed players on their AFL impact not their position.
Agree gun mids get the job done week in week out KPF's play like shower every second game but still get payed the big bucks  ;)

elephants

Quote from: shaker on October 06, 2018, 08:20:04 PM
https://www.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/freo-midfielder-lachie-neale-committed-to-brisbane-trade-20181006-p5085t.html

1m a year for elite mids is just the the norm these days the money being reportedly thrown at Shiel is a bit silly a lesser player than Neale IMO
Yep far from the worst guy on a mil, atleast this guy can play football and isnt just payed a mil cause he is tall

Don't get me wrong, I rate Neale. But as far as I'm concerned small inside mids aren't the ones that should be on the big money. As an Eagles fan I do lean toward teams being built around key position talent though tbf haha
haha key positions, particularly forwards are way overpayed :P Even the shower ones attract 600k easy...Bloody Tyrone Vickery got that when he was a proven spud. About time they payed players on their AFL impact not their position.
Agree gun mids get the job done week in week out KPF's play like shower every second game but still get payed the big bucks  ;)

I agree that some are grossly overpaid, but good ones win you premierships ;) (Rance/Jroo) (Gov/JJK/Darling)

iZander

Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

I agree that some are grossly overpaid, but good ones win you premierships ;) (Rance/Jroo) (Gov/JJK/Darling)
I actually think Richmond won the premiership due to the lack of talls, its interesting you attribute it to the only "tall" there :P and i know Collingwood didnt win in this year but they overachieved and probably because they went in with just the 1 tall as well. I think its the way of the future we will see teams playing less dud talls. But obviously there are good talls and JJK and Darling are certainly that but the days of playing a dud tall for the sake of playing a tall are over i think :P But i think Neales just as valuable as any of those!!

If you wanna attribute the premiership to any single player its Shuey and Sheed not JJK/Darling ;) interesting how people still love the talls ;) Things are changing though

elephants

Quote from: iZander on October 06, 2018, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: elephants on October 06, 2018, 09:42:48 PM

I actually think Richmond won the premiership due to the lack of talls, its interesting you attribute it to the only "tall" there :P and i know Collingwood didnt win in this year but they overachieved and probably because they went in with just the 1 tall as well. I think its the way of the future we will see teams playing less dud talls. But obviously there are good talls and JJK and Darling are certainly that but the days of playing a dud tall for the sake of playing a tall are over i think :P But i think Neales just as valuable as any of those!!

If you wanna attribute the premiership to any single player its Shuey and Sheed not JJK/Darling ;) interesting how people still love the talls ;) Things are changing though

Haha we'll see mate.

I'll take a good KPF/KPD + average mid over an average KPF/KPD + good mid all day everyyyy day. They're KEY position players for a reason imo!

RaisyDaisy

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-07/gun-docker-neale-addresses-elephant-in-the-room

Neale gave a potential hint at his mindset, though, when he referred to the Dockers as "they" when asked if Fremantle could play finals next season.

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 07, 2018, 10:29:54 AM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-07/gun-docker-neale-addresses-elephant-in-the-room

Neale gave a potential hint at his mindset, though, when he referred to the Dockers as "they" when asked if Fremantle could play finals next season.
Also him saying he would be fine if he had to stay at Freo next year but yep he is looking for success , I can actually see the Dee's and Freo working something out with Neale and Hogan between themselves if the Lions don't come up with an adequate deal for Freo , the Dee's have McDonald and Weideman as tall forwards and getting someone like Neale into an already good midfield would be scary plus Neale will get his wish with a good chance of success.

SilverLion

Quote from: shaker on October 07, 2018, 11:01:00 AM

Also him saying he would be fine if he had to stay at Freo next year but yep he is looking for success , I can actually see the Dee's and Freo working something out with Neale and Hogan between themselves if the Lions don't come up with an adequate deal for Freo , the Dee's have McDonald and Weideman as tall forwards and getting someone like Neale into an already good midfield would be scary plus Neale will get his wish with a good chance of success.
But Neale wants to go to Brissy (or stay at Freo) not Melbourne ::)

Ricochet

Quote from: SilverLion on October 07, 2018, 11:30:20 AM

Marcus Adams was homesick. Now he wants to go to the pies lol

Nige

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2018, 12:50:48 PM

Remember that time Mitch Clark was going from Brisbane to Freo and ended up at Melbourne?

shaker

Have not heard Neale does not want to go to Melbourne it's just because it's the Lions have offered him a deal no one else "yet" the easiest for Freo and Dee's is a straight swap Freo keeps there early pick Dee's get a super gun mid , there is talk Tyson could be off to GC for KK what an awesome replacement Neale would be .
I reckon the Lions will have to be careful stuff around to much and he could be gone players like him don't come up to often  ;)

nas

Quote from: Nige on October 07, 2018, 01:09:16 PM

Remember that time Mitch Clark was going from Brisbane to Freo and ended up at Melbourne?
Remember that time Kurt Tippet was going from Adelaide to Suns and ended up at Sydney?

SilverLion

Quote from: nas on October 07, 2018, 01:25:19 PM
Quote from: Nige on October 07, 2018, 01:09:16 PM

Remember that time Kurt Tippet was going from Adelaide to Suns and ended up at Sydney?
Yeah fair enough, know it does happen, would just be really unlikely imo and a surprise, like those 3 situations were to most.

Ricochet

Nick Bowen - Understand Andrew Gaff is in process of informing people he's staying with Eagles.

R.Griffen

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2018, 03:13:33 PM
Nick Bowen - Understand Andrew Gaff is in process of informing people he's staying with Eagles.
North a laughing stock if they don’t get Gaff

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on October 07, 2018, 03:13:33 PM

Hows that culture now Basil you fkn potato