2018 Off Season (list changes and trade rumours)

Started by Ricochet, August 29, 2018, 06:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: SilverLion on October 05, 2018, 05:00:28 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on October 05, 2018, 04:56:58 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-05/dockers-wont-accept-pick-no4-for-neale
Rosich just using the Weller trade as an unfair precedent :P

But agree he's worth slightly more than 4.
If Hogan is worth 2 top ten picks this year Neale has to be as well he is an elite gun mid

RaisyDaisy

“Tim Kelly has asked that the club explore the possibility of trading him to his home state, Western Australia,” Geelong said in a statement.

“As is well known, Tim is under contract to the Cats for the 2019 season, and it is highly likely he will remain with the club.

“However out of respect for Tim, we will listen to what Fremantle and West Coast are prepared to offer and determine whether or not we believe it is a viable trade for our club.”

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2018, 05:04:23 PM

If Hogan is worth 2 top ten picks this year Neale has to be as well he is an elite gun mid
As I mentioned previously, Hogan > Neale. Would take him instead in a heartbeat if we could.

SilverLion

Not sure, I still don't think Lever was worth 2 first round picks, and would have McGovern worth an early 2nd, which I'm sure Adelaide supporters would scoff at.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were forced to give 2 first rounders though, but obviously would try not to.

Hogan definitely worth 2 first rounders, key forwards of that caliber are rare, and his best footy is still ahead of him.

elephants

TK should just refuse to get on the plane back to Vic for the start of preseason. What can they do? Put him on the plane by force?

It's the perfect plan and I don't care what anyone says

SilverLion

Quote from: elephants on October 05, 2018, 05:17:55 PM
TK should just refuse to get on the plane back to Vic for the start of preseason. What can they do? Put him on the plane by force?

McCarthy did it

shaker

Quote from: SilverLion on October 05, 2018, 05:09:20 PM

Not sure, I still don't think Lever was worth 2 first round picks, and would have McGovern worth an early 2nd, which I'm sure Adelaide supporters would scoff at.

Wouldn't surprise me if we were forced to give 2 first rounders though, but obviously would try not to.

Hogan definitely worth 2 first rounders, key forwards of that caliber are rare, and his best footy is still ahead of him.
I can see this trade or trades going down to the last day before being resolved ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: SilverLion on October 05, 2018, 05:19:31 PM

McCarthy did it

Kelly's already 27 and would have to sit out another year.  Would be career suicide for him.  If the deal can't get done, stay with the Cats, they gave you the chance no one else did.  Come over to us the following year.

Ringo

Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

I can see this trade or trades going down to the last day before being resolved ;)
TBH if I was list manager I would say to freo pick 4 or nothing.  Draft a gun kid at 4 and get Neale for free next year.

Ricochet

Quote from: Ringo on October 05, 2018, 05:31:26 PM
Quote from: shaker on October 05, 2018, 05:24:56 PM

TBH if I was list manager I would say to freo pick 4 or nothing.  Draft a gun kid at 4 and get Neale for free next year.
RFA next year, we could always just match.
And if you're waiting a year you always run the risk of the club convincing him to stay.

Same goes with Hogan this year. We have to try and get him now imo. Who knows what happens in 12 months

SilverLion

Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2018, 05:29:03 PM

McCarthy did it

Kelly's already 27 and would have to sit out another year.  Would be career suicide for him.  If the deal can't get done, stay with the Cats, they gave you the chance no one else did.  Come over to us the following year.
He's 24 ;)

jvalles69

Quote from: SilverLion on October 05, 2018, 05:35:11 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on October 05, 2018, 05:29:03 PM

McCarthy did it

He's 24 ;)

Ah balls, someone gave me false information!  :-[

TomK

You know us well :)

SilverLion

Quote from: TomK on October 05, 2018, 05:41:43 PM
You know us well :)
;D

enzedder

2 things
Firstly Neale is worth more than #4. Nuff said.

Secondly this from saintsational with the poster saying it's From AFL News, Trade Rumours, Results

"EXCLUSIVE! BREAKING!
Andrew Gaff is set to announce the SAINTS as his preferred destination after the Saints withdraw their $1.4 million deal to Shiel and have decided to keep Pick 4 and draft Max King who has been rehabbing at Saint Kilda this year. Keeping pick 4 is in line with Trade Radio this morning - after the Saints were told by Gaff on Thursday he was joining them.
HUGE blow to the Roos and the St Kilda board have been clandestine about their approach to Gaffy and have pulled off a stunning coup.
This is set to be announced Sunday, after the Best and Fairest count (and subsequent celebrations) have finished.
This does not affect the Saints chances at Hannebury and St kilda are confident in adding both.
Max King, Gaff and Hanners... brilliant approach - well done St Kilda."

If it's true then I'll be wrapped but the proof will be in the pudding. Just another rumour atm.