Australia VS South Africa 4 Test Series

Started by Levi434, March 01, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

This is a clear example of a small problem manifesting into a big one. This is clearly the ICC's fault for not stepping up after the first test. Not passing any blame from the players but I still think it is worth talking about.

The should have been some manager repercussions after the 1st test but... nothing.

Oh but then in the 2nd match when someone hit someone in a zero-contact sport but... nothing.

Now, in the 3rd test since seemingly no one gets punished for anything there should be... nothing.

Next match there might be punches thrown and you know what the punishment will be? ...nothing...

BB67th

Sutherland has just held a press conference. CA sending over their head of integrity and Pat Howard to do their own investigation.

I guess this way they should be able to identify all who were a part of the "leadership group" that made the decision, and if any of the coaching staff were involved.

They need to figure out what happened and take action fast though, they can't let this drag on.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction they get when we come out to bat for our second innings. If I was at the ground, I'd be joining in with the booing I think.

crowls

Quote from: BB67th on March 25, 2018, 01:27:06 PM
Sutherland has just held a press conference. CA sending over their head of integrity and Pat Howard to do their own investigation.

I guess this way they should be able to identify all who were a part of the "leadership group" that made the decision, and if any of the coaching staff were involved.

They need to figure out what happened and take action fast though, they can't let this drag on.

It'll be interesting to see the reaction they get when we come out to bat for our second innings. If I was at the ground, I'd be joining in with the booing I think.
will not be watching them,  team will get what they deserve.   talking heads saying anything from 1game to 6mths out,  atm I just dont want them playing for Australia ever again.  I know it is an overreaction but this was not just tarnishing themselves.  Every australian cricket fan around the world will be held to account for this insanity for ever.    At least I am not still living in Johannesberg as I do not know how I would go into work on Monday.

shaker

Quote from: crowls on March 25, 2018, 01:47:14 PM

will not be watching them,  team will get what they deserve.   talking heads saying anything from 1game to 6mths out,  atm I just dont want them playing for Australia ever again.  I know it is an overreaction but this was not just tarnishing themselves.  Every australian cricket fan around the world will be held to account for this insanity for ever.    At least I am not still living in Johannesberg as I do not know how I would go into work on Monday.
Agree there is no coming back from this the careers of all involved are over , CA can take as long as they want but they can only come to one conclusion they are stained forever.

JBs-Hawks

They haven't committed murder lol

One game suspension is fine, people have been using lollies, gum etc to alter the balls forever!

PowerBug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on March 25, 2018, 01:56:30 PM

One game suspension is fine, people have been using lollies, gum etc to alter the balls forever!
Cricketers are stupid people. I had a player once rub the ball on the ground dircetly in front of me because it was a bit dirty and he wanted to clean it. He didn't mean to ball tamper, but he was clearly doing something wrong. Lollies, gum etc you could possibly put in that category or stupidity/ignorance, at the very least the action of applying saliva to the ball is still being done.

This was an orchestrated plan to rough up one side of the ball, something you definitely are not allowed to do. You can't even throw the ball into the keeper on the bounce without being told off.

This is a lot worse than having a lolly in your mouth

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: PowerBug on March 25, 2018, 06:40:10 PM

Cricketers are stupid people. I had a player once rub the ball on the ground dircetly in front of me because it was a bit dirty and he wanted to clean it. He didn't mean to ball tamper, but he was clearly doing something wrong. Lollies, gum etc you could possibly put in that category or stupidity/ignorance, at the very least the action of applying saliva to the ball is still being done.

This was an orchestrated plan to rough up one side of the ball, something you definitely are not allowed to do. You can't even throw the ball into the keeper on the bounce without being told off.

The lollies the ENglish used where an orchestrated plan, they even knew exactly which lollies worked best.

shaker

One game suspension ha ha there will be no one game suspension

Frankfaust

Quote from: shaker on March 25, 2018, 07:06:42 PM

One game suspension ha ha there will be no one game suspension
^ New team.

5 year rebuild.

Bill Manspeaker

probably the dumbest thing I've seen on a cricket field. did they know they're on TV?

shaker

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 25, 2018, 07:18:39 PM
probably the dumbest thing I've seen on a cricket field. did they know they're on TV?
Yep have had my doubts about the I.Q. of the captain and Warner now confirmed very low

Torpedo10

What do you expect. Have you seen Warner's conduct so far this series?

However, the public expected better from Smith. Will be interesting to see how low his colours have dropped in the next home tour.

Ringo

Not even really interested in the result now.

Arrogance seems to have crept back into the Aussie team. First time I heard of a "Leadership Group" in this team.  Do not we trust Captain and Vice Captain any more.

crowls

Quote from: shaker on March 25, 2018, 01:54:35 PM

Agree there is no coming back from this the careers of all involved are over , CA can take as long as they want but they can only come to one conclusion they are stained forever.
actually i dont believe they are over.  certainly smith will play for australia still.  Just not as Captain and hopefully not for a while.  Aussies reputations are stained and Bancroft and Smith will be infamous forever.  Might watch the team walk out online tonight and see what sort of reception the Saffies give them.

shaker

Quote from: crowls on March 25, 2018, 07:44:20 PM
Quote from: shaker on March 25, 2018, 01:54:35 PM

actually i dont believe they are over.  certainly smith will play for australia still.  Just not as Captain and hopefully not for a while.  Aussies reputations are stained and Bancroft and Smith will be infamous forever.  Might watch the team walk out online tonight and see what sort of reception the Saffies give them.
What sort of reception you think they will get crowls I'm thinking pretty hostile but this test should be over very quick but if and when they play for Australia again they will cop flak for this for ever , reported on channel 10 news that they were already pulling players from matches to send to SA for next test