Australia VS South Africa 4 Test Series

Started by Levi434, March 01, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Huge series here for the Aussies. I'm not too excited about the prospects of this one as an Australian fan but I am very much looking forward to a ripper series here. Question marks over Bancroft and Mitch Marsh as you'd expect but I also think this is a big series for Warner, Khawaja and Starc. I recon if those 3 play well Australia have a shot of winning.

I'm expecting a 3-1 result(South Africa) but I recon Aussie's would be happy with a 2-2.

Oh and any chance I get to watch Steven Smith I will be there :P

Ringo

Undoubtedly the best pace attacks in the world going head to head so result will come down to whoever handles the barrage the best in my opinion.

Ringo

SA slightly in front at lunch but may review burning 2 reviews in first hour. A lot will depend on Smithy now.

Levi434

A solid session from these Marsh boys please :-X

Levi434

If Bancroft puts up another shocker in the 2nd dig does he get dropped? This is a huge mistake on the selectors behalf by not taking another opener. I really think S.Marsh has set himself for that 5 spot. I don't want to see him be pushed up to open.

Ringo

Agree so basically we have to puit up with bancroft as an opener for the series. Kwaja has opened but do not think he is an option either given his form at the moment but may be forced to with Smithy coming in at 3.

Levi434

Why the heck aren't we starting earlier? Just gonna miss even more time today with the light. Looking at over 25-30 overs lost in the 1st 2 days.

R.Griffen

Aussies miles on top too bad I don’t seem as hyped as everyone else for this test series. Would rather see Aussies go to Sri Lanka without Smith leaving and trying to win a test series over there considering how far Sri Lanka has fallen since beating the Aussies. Would also be a major benefit to the Aussies as well because a win over there brings confidence for tours up North. We proved last time we can play well in South Africa maybe not this well

PowerBug

In terms of rivalry these two are bigger than the Ashes. They also hate each other more than Australia and England

R.Griffen

Cheating flogs ban the whole Aussie cricket team. Coach gets Handscomb to devliver message to CB saying he got caught. Smith one of the major ones involved. Ban the whole lot of them

GoLions

crowls

Smith has to go, bancroft has to go.    No excuses for this.   It is not who we are...

Ringo

Totally disgusted that Australian Cricket has stooped to this level. Any one including coach who were involved or knew about this should be sacked.

Us it time for a complete clean out as there seems to be no respect for the gentleman's game it once was. 

shaker

Quote from: crowls on March 25, 2018, 08:06:21 AM
Smith has to go, bancroft has to go.    No excuses for this.   It is not who we are...
Yep I'm hearing it was hatched in the lunch time break by the leadership group if true all sacked and contracts torn up for anyone involved , If CA try and gloss over this with fines apart from the bans they will get they have lost me as a cricket fan  >:(

BB67th

I cannot say how furious I am at hearing this. Smith should be sacked as captain, and sent home from the series, along with anyone else who had any knowledge of it. Hearing that the "leadership group" came up with the idea, it sounds like at least Warner was involved as well.

I just can't believe our team would do something like this. As a diehard fan that has given them so much support over the last decade, it is embarrassing that we would stoop to something so low when it should never have even been thought of as a possibility.

Such a great shame that this was building up to be a great test series. We deserve to go on and lose now.

I hope Sutherland comes out hard on this behaviour today. If we get any protection of the Cricket Australia old boys club, I will find it very hard to support this cricket team again.