Australia VS South Africa 4 Test Series

Started by Levi434, March 01, 2018, 03:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Levi434

Quote from: PowerBug on March 28, 2018, 08:25:40 PM
12, 12, 9 months for the three involved. I think that's the last time Warner plays test cricket.

Wow...

Surely an overreaction here?

fanTCfool

That's ludicrous, might as well be a life ban because they'll be in no state to play in 12129 months!

Levi434

Since no one cares about ODIs and T20's here are the Test matches Smith+Warner will miss if this 12 month ban is true.

1 match Away to Zimbabwe
2 matches Home VS Bangladesh
4 matches Home VS India
2 matches Home VS Sri Lanka
3 matches Away to Pakistan

12 total matches. I would be happy with a 4-8 record from those without Smith and Warner. Wouldn't be surprised if Australia only won 2 or 3 here.

PowerBug

Wow is there 8 matches in Aus this summer? Who's getting a double up?

crowls

yep good time for a holiday.     is it only test or all forms of cricket?

GoLions

Quote from: crowls on March 28, 2018, 09:41:08 PM
Can play Grade cricket, nothing higher I believe

Koop

Quote from: PowerBug on March 28, 2018, 08:42:59 PM
Wow is there 8 matches in Aus this summer? Who's getting a double up?

Quick correction Levi fairly sure it's two tests in Zimbabwe, could be wrong though.

@PB. No one doubles up. Bangladesh come in July, so while not confirmed, I'd suspect Darwin/Nth QLD to get a long-awaited return to test cricket.

Judging by when the teams are here, I'd suggest this is whats happening.

India
1st test @ Gabba
2nd test (possible D/N depending on BCCI) @ Adelaide Oval
3rd test @ Optus Stadium
4th test @ MCG

SL
1st test @ SCG
2n test @ Manuka

Will be the first time I can think of that the Boxing Day & NY's test are against different opponents.

crowls

Quote from: GoLions on March 28, 2018, 09:43:17 PM
Quote from: crowls on March 28, 2018, 09:41:08 PM
Can play Grade cricket, nothing higher I believe
anybody know if they still get paid? ;D ;D ;D ;D
i thought six months would be appropriate.   oh well 12 it is.   perhaps channel nine can make dw permanent on sunday sport sow with his missus.

Purple 77

12 months?!

ACB have now dragged this story out for the next year, instead of facing up and getting on with it.

Purple 77

I personally felt missing the last SA test and having their captaincy stripped would have sent the message across, and even then I thought I was being harsh.

So Khawaja and SMarsh are our best test batsmen for the next 12 months? Farrrk.

Koop

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 28, 2018, 09:51:49 PM
I personally felt missing the last SA test and having their captaincy stripped would have sent the message across, and even then I thought I was being harsh.

For the moment anyway, we all know how quickly things can change.

The one positive I get from this is that this is, if CA uses their heads properly, the perfect time to groom some of the younger guys coming through. Not entirely thrilled at Burns selection, would've much-preferred Head on the plane. I may be extremely biased, but he is our future captain, and this is the perfect time to get him involved in the setup. I have a feeling we may see him in Aus whites very quickly.

crowls

Quote from: Koop on March 28, 2018, 09:57:34 PM

The one positive I get from this is that this is, if CA uses their heads properly, the perfect time to groom some of the younger guys coming through. Not entirely thrilled at Burns selection, would've much-preferred Head on the plane. I may be extremely biased, but he is our future captain, and this is the perfect time to get him involved in the setup. I have a feeling we may see him in Aus whites very quickly.
Spot on Koop,  2 years from now we will be reaping the benefit of blooding some younguns.
Tim Paine must think he is in Alice in Wonderland.   12 months ago not keeping for Tassie now he is Aussie captain for the forseeable future.   

Levi434

Anyone think that they'll let Smith+Warner appeal and get their suspensions down to 6 months?

Ringo

Quote from: Koop on March 28, 2018, 09:57:34 PM

Suspect Burns selection may be temporary as if form warrants Renshaw/Bancroft opening partnership may be the future. Burns/Renshaw is Qlds opening pair as well.  Would have liked to see Head rather than Maxwell as well.

Levi434

Good to finally hear from Boof and his prepared statements. Glad he had the guts to come out and show us all that he is an arrogant, selfish pr1ck.