Main Menu

Richmond 2017 H&A season

Started by quinny88, March 22, 2017, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Heading to the great Adelaide Oval for the match and other than a crows win .......

I really looking forward to watching Dusty and also the Tex v Rance matchup.

Mostly though (Other than Tex) I really want the full field view on what Dannnn Rioli actually does! He just excites me, worth the admission fee plus the $29 beer just to see DR in the flesh!

#Champ #Gun #CultHero

I'm thinking either Brown or my boy Lairdy plays on Rioli. Personally I'd like Browny so Lairdy can do his thing!

quinny88

Quote from: tbagrocks on April 28, 2017, 09:50:42 PM
Heading to the great Adelaide Oval for the match and other than a crows win .......

I really looking forward to watching Dusty and also the Tex v Rance matchup.

Mostly though (Other than Tex) I really want the full field view on what Dannnn Rioli actually does! He just excites me, worth the admission fee plus the $29 beer just to see DR in the flesh!

#Champ #Gun #CultHero

I'm thinking either Brown or my boy Lairdy plays on Rioli. Personally I'd like Browny so Lairdy can do his thing!

Actually don't think Rance will go to Tex, I think Astbury might get the job.
Should be a good game. Personally I'll be happy if we get within 5 goals!

Jroo

Yep Astbury will be given the first crack, he's actually been quite impressive this year

Nige

I'm also 100% with us bringing in Morris to shut down Eddie.

quinny88

Reality check or did we expect it to go like that?
Such a fall off after quarter time but we're not the first and won't be the last team to get belted by the crows at Adelaide oval.

Morris was ordinary. Try's hard but just doesn't have the skill level required to be an AFL player.
We desperately need another Key forward. Having 1 tall isn't going to cut it, especially when it means Grigg has to go into the ruck at times. Griffiths is out indefinitely and Elton just isn't up to it so might be time to give Chol a chance. Also think Nank will get a week for that elbow so may need to bring big Ivan back in

Nige

Honestly, that wasn't a complete disaster. Let's be honest for a moment, Adelaide are currently the best team in the comp by a mile right now and haven't put a foot wrong. They're absolutely proficient in every area of the ground. Kudos to them for being dominant. In a way, no harm done.

We had a very good first quarter which shows exactly what we're capable of. We kept up with them and were basically on top. ...and then we shat the bed like the Richmond of old. Nank's probably gonna cop a week I reckon, which means Ivvy will get a chance to show he's not completely washed up even though it saddens me to say I'm pretty sure he's cooked and not suited to the modern game. A number of blokes were ordinary and shouldn't have two bad games in a row. Wouldn't mind a hard call being made on someone like Brandon Ellis who has coasted along all season but it won't happen. Morris didn't really shut down Eddie like he was brought in to do, I think he loses his spot.

We definitely need another tall and somebody to pinch hit. Put your house on us going hard at some tall forward over the offseason (Schache?). The Elton experiment should be dead in the water, so I reckon it's time to give Chol a run. He's got the tools to be a decent ruck/fwd type and given the Dogs might be running with Tom Boyd as a ruck (dunno if Campbell comes back in or not), there shouldn't be too much to worry about if Chol doesn't hold his own.

If we lose to the Dogs next week, we drop down to 7th at worst which isn't a bad thing, but a win to steady the ship is exactly what we need otherwise tonight's loss and a loss next week could snowball into a brick wall.

quinny88

Think Morris was playing more of a defensive forward role. Didn't work whatever the role was.

Personally I would go
Nank > Maric (if suspended)
Morris > Chol
But would also like to see Corey Ellis, Miles and Lloyd in the side. Can't make too many changes though I guess

shaker

Bit of drift backwards to old Tigers the last 3/4 's and there is no place for Morris in this team I thought he was being brought in to hard tag Eddie the sooner the coach wakes up to that the better

kilbluff1985

what do u guys think of Prestia i expected more from him

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 02, 2017, 06:55:31 PM

I didn't. His knee injury was pretty severe. I didn't expect to see anything amazing from him this season, maybe next year.

Caddy however...

shaker

6 games bit early to tell yet

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on May 02, 2017, 07:01:09 PM

I didn't. His knee injury was pretty severe. I didn't expect to see anything amazing from him this season, maybe next year.

Caddy however...

Prestia has been ok at at times but far from his best. Caddy is a mile off it and lucky not to be dropped imo.

The one thing I have noticed though is how much better Cotchin is playing as a result of having them in the team so that's been a big bonus

shaker

I thought that we had turned a corner this season but in reality things are no different than the last few seasons  :(

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on May 14, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
I thought that we had turned a corner this season but in reality things are no different than the last few seasons  :(

Very frustrating. Too many of the kids have hit a wall at the same time. They have to give them a spell.
What more does Lloyd have to do to get a game? He's in the best every week in the 2s.
I know they want to fast track some of our younger guys but they still have to give guys a spell when they are struggling to go and recapture some form and reward VFL form.

Out: Markov, Batchelor, Castagna, Butler
In: Lloyd, Miles, Prestia, Bolton

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on May 15, 2017, 01:02:21 AM
Quote from: shaker on May 14, 2017, 04:39:58 PM

Very frustrating. Too many of the kids have hit a wall at the same time. They have to give them a spell.
What more does Lloyd have to do to get a game? He's in the best every week in the 2s.
I know they want to fast track some of our younger guys but they still have to give guys a spell when they are struggling to go and recapture some form and reward VFL form.

Out: Markov, Batchelor, Castagna, Butler
In: Lloyd, Miles, Prestia, Bolton
Yeah he can make some changes but I see the same things happening all over again , stringing together a group of good wins , losing close games against good teams , and finally the most frustrating one losing games here against teams we should comfortably beat from 5-0 to 5-4 probably after this week .... they have to match GWS this week like the Pies did cannot afford a blowout