Main Menu

Richmond 2017 H&A season

Started by quinny88, March 22, 2017, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Good win again but learnt that Caddy is no different than he was at the cats his first half was pathetic he needs to get involved every game from the first bounce

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on April 09, 2017, 02:06:36 PM
Good win again but learnt that Caddy is no different than he was at the cats his first half was pathetic he needs to get involved every game from the first bounce

Bit harsh. He's 3 games into a season with a new club. Prestia hasn't exactly set the world on fire either but they will both get better as the season goes on and they get used to the game plan and new team mates.

elephants

Quote from: JROO8 on April 09, 2017, 01:21:23 AM
Quote from: elephants on April 03, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
Little bit of extra interest in you boys considering you're our next opponents ;)

Couple of things; thoughts on Conca's new role across halfback? Is it working? Will it continue?

Jayden Short slotted into the Tigs defence and had 18 possies at 94%! Not bad in a pretty frantic game with a lot of skill errors. He appear in for the long haul?
Conca was one off our best, as I'm sure you would've seen Ele :P

Haha, can confirm I noticed him a lot :( :P

shaker

Ok Q he gets one more chance  :P seriously he is a mature player now and he hardly touched the ball in the first 1/2 the real good players just don't do that well maybe once in a blue moon he has done it all his career he just goes missing

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on April 10, 2017, 02:46:26 PM
Ok Q he gets one more chance  :P seriously he is a mature player now and he hardly touched the ball in the first 1/2 the real good players just don't do that well maybe once in a blue moon he has done it all his career he just goes missing

Not sure what sort of minutes he's spending in the middle but it seems to me that he's in the forward line most of the time.
What I do love is that even though he and Prestia haven't done anything major you can clearly see the difference it's made to Dusty and Cotch. Dusty fast becoming one of the best players in the comp and Cotchin finally getting back to his 2012 form again

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on April 10, 2017, 04:18:25 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 10, 2017, 02:46:26 PM

Not sure what sort of minutes he's spending in the middle but it seems to me that he's in the forward line most of the time.
What I do love is that even though he and Prestia haven't done anything major you can clearly see the difference it's made to Dusty and Cotch. Dusty fast becoming one of the best players in the comp and Cotchin finally getting back to his 2012 form again
I thought with his big body they would be using him more in the mids maybe he is a bit slow I noticed he got outrun by Rowe in R1 I am hoping he can become more consistent , we have had a great start big test against the Lions at home this week

shaker

Bad luck for young Drummond think he will be a good player if he can get a run at it

quinny88

Another gritty win. So impressed with the fight we're showing this year.
Can't ignore the first 3 quarters though. We were lucky not to be further down the way we were getting smacked in the midfield and inside 50s. Have to bring in some more grunt around the ball if we're going to get near the crows.
Vlastuin will be back for Markov and I would bring in Miles too.

shaker

I would like to see Townsend given a go he has being going good in the 2's he has the grunt and has had a year to work on his disposal ?

Jroo

Quote from: shaker on April 25, 2017, 09:35:01 AM
I would like to see Townsend given a go he has being going good in the 2's he has the grunt and has had a year to work on his disposal ?
Prefer him over Miles, shaker?

shaker

Quote from: JROO8 on April 25, 2017, 11:02:15 AM
Quote from: shaker on April 25, 2017, 09:35:01 AM
Prefer him over Miles, shaker?
Miles has been a shadow of his former self since last year hence why he is not getting a game and at some stage they need to give Townsend another crack fair enough his disposal last year was no good but keep seeing his name mentioned as being in the best in the 2's lately and we are going to need another hard nut to have any chance against Adelaide

Jroo

Ageee about needing another big body mid in. But I think they'll give Miles a go first.

In another news, Griffo suffered another concussion. Shocking news firstly for him but we need him back desperately too.
http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-25/its-not-looking-good-for-him-tigers-fear-for-big-man-after-another-concussion

quinny88

Miles is a good player and playing well in the 2's. His only issue is that he can't go forward so has been squeezed out.
Corey Ellis apparently BOG on the weekend is promising.

shaker

Think I would rather go with who played last night than risk bringing in someone who might not bring the intensity they are playing with ATM although Elton is a bit of a spud would not hurt to bring Chol in he could not do any worse might even snag a goal or two

Nige

Chol did kick 3 in the VFL this week too, I think there's a good chance he could come in for Elton.