Main Menu

Richmond 2017 H&A season

Started by quinny88, March 22, 2017, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Shedda and Griff won't play this week, hip and concussion respectively.

Sounds like Marbz will play, I don't mind that. I'd prefer him over Soldo, Elton, Moore or Maric. Think we're better off going in smaller and trying to make it work though.

quinny88

They've already put a line through Griff when it's only Monday?
Bit odd but I guess his history with concussion isn't great.

Whoever comes in is going to have to chop out in the ruck so I'd imagine Ivan or Chol come in and probably Lloyd for Edwards but I'd also look at Miles and play Dusty at FF

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on April 03, 2017, 08:56:55 PM

Whoever comes in is going to have to chop out in the ruck so I'd imagine Ivan or Chol come in and probably Lloyd for Edwards but I'd also look at Miles and play Dusty at FF
Yeah, they've already ruled Griff out.

I'd say Chol for Griff, Lloyd for Shedda and potentially somebody for Lambert who I reckon didn't do enough to keep his spot. Could be any number of guys - Miles/Kamdyn/Oleg all chances I daresay.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on April 03, 2017, 09:29:23 PM

I'd say Chol for Griff, Lloyd for Shedda and potentially somebody for Lambert who I reckon didn't do enough to keep his spot. Could be any number of guys - Miles/Kamdyn/Oleg all chances I daresay.
Didn't Chol get concussed as well ?
To answer my own question yes he did so he won't be playing Soldo kicked 4 goals looks like he will get a crack and Townsend had a good game in the mids and kicked 3 maybe it's time to give him another chance

Nige

Quote from: shaker on April 03, 2017, 11:46:57 PM

To answer my own question yes he did so he won't be playing Soldo kicked 4 goals looks like he will get a crack and Townsend had a good game in the mids and kicked 3 maybe it's time to give him another chance
You're right in that he did get concussed but the club themselves have said that he should be fine and is a likely inclusion. Soldo's still not ready I reckon, debuting him against West Coast could be disastrous.

GoLions

Just get Kmac or Oleg in there and you'll be fine

elephants

Yeah Townsend the forgotten man, though I would have thought Miles was ahead of him for the similar role and he can't even make the team :o

shaker

Quote from: Nige on April 04, 2017, 12:13:49 AM

You're right in that he did get concussed but the club themselves have said that he should be fine and is a likely inclusion. Soldo's still not ready I reckon, debuting him against West Coast could be disastrous.

Have not seen anything from club about Chol ? but he was taken off the ground on a stretcher so I would be amazed if he played

shaker

Quote from: elephants on April 04, 2017, 02:11:55 AM

Yeah Townsend the forgotten man, though I would have thought Miles was ahead of him for the similar role and he can't even make the team :o
Miles lost the plot last year and obviously not regained his mojo no mention of him in practice match summary and Townsend is hard at it and has had plenty of time to fix up his disposal might be very handy around the ball against the Eagles

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on April 04, 2017, 09:42:35 AM

Have not seen anything from club about Chol ? but he was taken off the ground on a stretcher so I would be amazed if he played

It's on the injury report on the Website Shaker

“’Mabs’, with his concussion, has pulled up quite well . . . He’ll have to go through the standard testing protocol during the week, but given he’d had little history with concussion, we’d expect him to get up this weekend,” Burge said.

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on April 04, 2017, 04:06:15 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 04, 2017, 09:42:35 AM

It's on the injury report on the Website Shaker

“’Mabs’, with his concussion, has pulled up quite well . . . He’ll have to go through the standard testing protocol during the week, but given he’d had little history with concussion, we’d expect him to get up this weekend,” Burge said.

That surprises me it's almost automatic week off if you are knocked out cold and stretchered off but anyway someone has to come in our short team has worked so far but not replacing Griff is pushing our luck

shaker

So we have gone with Elton what's his story know zip about him is he going be able to do a job against Eagle talls or just a complete spud ?

Nige

Quote from: shaker on April 07, 2017, 04:28:15 PM
So we have gone with Elton what's his story know zip about him is he going be able to do a job against Eagle talls or just a complete spud ?
4 games in 5 years, says enough really. And I reckon he's worse than McBean. Not sure how or why he's still on the list, but he's arguably playing for his career tomorrow.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on April 07, 2017, 04:44:01 PM
Quote from: shaker on April 07, 2017, 04:28:15 PM
4 games in 5 years, says enough really. And I reckon he's worse than McBean. Not sure how or why he's still on the list, but he's arguably playing for his career tomorrow.

Does not fill me with confidence our depth in tall players this year seems quite thin

Jroo

Quote from: elephants on April 03, 2017, 03:32:53 PM
Little bit of extra interest in you boys considering you're our next opponents ;)

Couple of things; thoughts on Conca's new role across halfback? Is it working? Will it continue?

Jayden Short slotted into the Tigs defence and had 18 possies at 94%! Not bad in a pretty frantic game with a lot of skill errors. He appear in for the long haul?
Conca was one off our best, as I'm sure you would've seen Ele :P