C: Vlastuin, Edwards, Cotchin
HF: Martin, Rioli, Castagna
F: Riewoldt, Lloyd, Butler
R: Nankervis, Grigg, Caddy
IC: Conca, Griffiths, Houli, Prestia
Em: Maric, Lambert, Miles

New: Butler, Caddy, Nankervis, Prestia

quinny88

Personally would have a few positions different but still excited to see the season start and the new boys in action!

quinny88

Personal best 22 would have been

B: Grimes, Rance, Short
HB: Houli, Astbury, McIntosh
C: Vlastuin, Martin, Grigg
HF: Caddy, Griffiths, Edwards
FF: Rioli, Riewoldt, Lloyd
R: Nankervis, Cotchin, Prestia

I/C: Castagna, Miles, Conca, Ellis

Taylor hunt shouldn't be best 22 and personally don't think there's a spot for both of Butler and Castagna

Rusty00

Only just realised because you highlighted it that Miles is emergency only?

Is that a surprise?

Nige

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 22, 2017, 09:36:57 PM
Only just realised because you highlighted it that Miles is emergency only?

Is that a surprise?
Honestly, he's one of those players that's good without being great. I'm a fan of the guy, but he was always gonna be one of those guys whose spot would come under pressure and was a little contentious to begin with (once Prestia/Caddy arrived). Didn't do much in preseason to cement his spot, so he'll be one who has to work his way back in and then impress to keep it week in, week out.

quinny88

I certainly would have had Miles in ahead of hunt but unfortunately for Miles he's a one trick Pony. Contested in and under mid who  can't play anywhere else and he now has to compete with Dusty, Cotchin, Prestia, Caddy, Vlastuin who can all be versatile and go forward

shaker

Can't wait to see how we go tonight my biggest concern is our side looks very short on paper don't know if the blues are good enough to exploit this but better teams will

Jroo

Agree about Hunt, I'd have Oleg or Short in ahead of him but I guess Hardwick believes we need a more lockdown defender

But really liked our small forwards last night, Rioli, Butler & Castanga looked good!

quinny88

Hunt actually wasn't  to bad. The new guys were fantastic and how about Dusty  8) D.Martin 3 votes

shaker

Well it is nice to see the Tiges have started the season with 2 wins and even nicer to see that there tackling is way above what they produced last season even my friend Edwards is getting involved , think we can beat the Eagles next week if we keep this intensity up  :)

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on March 31, 2017, 01:55:54 PM
Well it is nice to see the Tiges have started the season with 2 wins and even nicer to see that there tackling is way above what they produced last season even my friend Edwards is getting involved , think we can beat the Eagles next week if we keep this intensity up  :)

Yep, it's early days but there is clearly a better game plan and intensity to the way we play.

West coast will be tough but they can be vulnerable at the G. Looking forward to it!

quinny88

Plus I don't care where they are positioned on the ladder or what time of year it is, it's always nice to beat Carlton and Collingwood

Jroo

Don't think Ben Griffiths will get up to play this week, as he's had issues with concussion in the past.

Who comes in? Mabior Chol also suffered concussion in the VFL.

Ivan Soldo kicked four in the VFL imagine if he came in  :o Also got Ivan Maric and Todd Elton (who I didn't even realise was still on our list lol)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-03/soldo-to-debut-tigers-running-low-on-big-men

elephants

Little bit of extra interest in you boys considering you're our next opponents ;)

Couple of things; thoughts on Conca's new role across halfback? Is it working? Will it continue?

Jayden Short slotted into the Tigs defence and had 18 possies at 94%! Not bad in a pretty frantic game with a lot of skill errors. He appear in for the long haul?

quinny88

To be honest, I wouldn't even bother with another tall. I'd go Griff > Lloyd and just be smart about the way we go inside 50.
Our scoring is happening from manic forward pressure so it will play to our strengths going small. Only issue is that we wouldn't have a chop out for Nank in the ruck.

In response to you Ele, I think Concas been ok. Haven't noticed him that much to be honest . He's in a bit of no mans land at the moment with no obvious position for him to slot into.
Shorts kicking is elite, hence why he's trusted with a lot of the kick ins. Think he's pretty safe in the 22 and I was surprised when he wasn't named round 1.