Main Menu

Richmond 2017 H&A season

Started by quinny88, March 22, 2017, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on May 15, 2017, 01:55:07 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on May 15, 2017, 01:02:21 AM
Quote from: shaker on May 14, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
I thought that we had turned a corner this season but in reality things are no different than the last few seasons  :(

Very frustrating. Too many of the kids have hit a wall at the same time. They have to give them a spell.
What more does Lloyd have to do to get a game? He's in the best every week in the 2s.
I know they want to fast track some of our younger guys but they still have to give guys a spell when they are struggling to go and recapture some form and reward VFL form.

Out: Markov, Batchelor, Castagna, Butler
In: Lloyd, Miles, Prestia, Bolton
Yeah he can make some changes but I see the same things happening all over again , stringing together a group of good wins , losing close games against good teams , and finally the most frustrating one losing games here against teams we should comfortably beat from 5-0 to 5-4 probably after this week .... they have to match GWS this week like the Pies did cannot afford a blowout

Certainly frustrating but that's what happens with young players unfortunately.
We won't beat GWS but I can garuntee we play a lot better than the first 3 quarters against Freo. We seem to get up for certain games and I reckon this will be one. Just listening to Hardwicks presser and it sounds like changes are going to be made

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on May 15, 2017, 05:29:41 PM
Quote from: shaker on May 15, 2017, 01:55:07 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on May 15, 2017, 01:02:21 AM
Quote from: shaker on May 14, 2017, 04:39:58 PM
I thought that we had turned a corner this season but in reality things are no different than the last few seasons  :(

Very frustrating. Too many of the kids have hit a wall at the same time. They have to give them a spell.
What more does Lloyd have to do to get a game? He's in the best every week in the 2s.
I know they want to fast track some of our younger guys but they still have to give guys a spell when they are struggling to go and recapture some form and reward VFL form.

Out: Markov, Batchelor, Castagna, Butler
In: Lloyd, Miles, Prestia, Bolton
Yeah he can make some changes but I see the same things happening all over again , stringing together a group of good wins , losing close games against good teams , and finally the most frustrating one losing games here against teams we should comfortably beat from 5-0 to 5-4 probably after this week .... they have to match GWS this week like the Pies did cannot afford a blowout

Certainly frustrating but that's what happens with young players unfortunately.
We won't beat GWS but I can garuntee we play a lot better than the first 3 quarters against Freo. We seem to get up for certain games and I reckon this will be one. Just listening to Hardwicks presser and it sounds like changes are going to be made
I hope you are right Q they got smashed last year by GWS they just cannot go back to efforts like that if they do then Dimma may as well clean his desk out

kilbluff1985

could Soldo come in for Elton since he was quiet

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 17, 2017, 06:27:31 PM
Won't happen imo. We were desperate for a ruck which is why he got called up, he's not really a forward. I think we'll just persist with Elton until season's end, then delist him and acquire someone else via trade or FA. If we don't want the tall, we'll just drop him and go a bit smaller by bringing in someone like Lennon, Lloyd etc.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on May 17, 2017, 07:09:22 PM
Won't happen imo. We were desperate for a ruck which is why he got called up, he's not really a forward. I think we'll just persist with Elton until season's end, then delist him and acquire someone else via trade or FA. If we don't want the tall, we'll just drop him and go a bit smaller by bringing in someone like Lennon, Lloyd etc.

Chol is the guy that should be coming in ahead of Elton. Better ruck and kicking goals in the VFL every week.

What the hell is happening with Griffiths?

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on May 18, 2017, 01:00:51 AM
Chol is the guy that should be coming in ahead of Elton. Better ruck and kicking goals in the VFL every week.

Elton's a bigger and stronger body I think is the reason he's getting games, that and Chol had the concussion the week Elton got the nod initially iirc.

Griff's had a few concussions now, so I think they're being extra cautious with him given his history with them and injuries in general.

As I've said before, I think we'll almost certainly go hard at least or two tall-ish forwards over the offseason to increase our depth. Sam Reid and Josh Schache are two being mentioned at the moment.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on May 18, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

Elton's a bigger and stronger body I think is the reason he's getting games, that and Chol had the concussion the week Elton got the nod initially iirc.

Griff's had a few concussions now, so I think they're being extra cautious with him given his history with them and injuries in general.

As I've said before, I think we'll almost certainly go hard at least or two tall-ish forwards over the offseason to increase our depth. Sam Reid and Josh Schache are two being mentioned at the moment.

Yep, a CHF that can pinch hit in the ruck has to be our absolute #1 priority this off season.
Reid is a good player but very injury prone as well. I've heard Mccartins name mentioned as well who I wouldn't mind us going after

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on May 18, 2017, 04:48:48 PM
Quote from: Nige on May 18, 2017, 10:33:08 AM

Yep, a CHF that can pinch hit in the ruck has to be our absolute #1 priority this off season.
Reid is a good player but very injury prone as well. I've heard Mccartins name mentioned as well who I wouldn't mind us going after
Honestly, I don't see the point in going after McCartin. He's had a number of concussions himself and I'm not sure that's worth risking, especially if Griffiths is still an unknown. Reid's in his prime now and looks to be okay (touch wood) which is I think is really important. I think Schache has all the right attributes as well, but he's obviously a bit younger and still will take a year or two to really become good. Regardless, it should be interesting to see who the club decides to pursue and what decisions we make in regards to guys like Griffiths, Elton and Chol.

shaker

Schache would be a good pickup even though young steer clear of Reid something wrong the Reid's soft tissue wise Ben out again must be in there genes

Footy_junkie101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stve09CjNaw&t=2s

hey guys not a tigers fan but love dusty and made this vid, if you like would be great to give a like. cheers

LaHug

Just to summarise the last three weeks:
1. Give up a five goal lead, lose by under a goal and robbed a chance in the dying moments.
2. Claw back a five goal lead, hit the front, lose by under a goal in the dying moments.
3. Give up a five goal lead, get the game winning goal, have it overturned through review, lose by under a goal in the dying moments.

Richmond is legitimately bad for mental health.

shaker

One thing Dimma can take with him when his coaching time is up is the title of undisputed kings of the choke , being able to lose games that no other team could possibly match and it is good to see the experienced players are passing on the skills that are needed to the young guys so that this can continue into the future  :P

Hawka

I have never really rated Hardwick as a coach, if you miss finals surely he goes ?

shaker

Quote from: Hawka on May 21, 2017, 01:12:24 PM
I have never really rated Hardwick as a coach, if you miss finals surely he goes ?
Who knows they will probably extend his contract we used to have a reputation of burning through coaches but that was a generation ago now it seems that they are still scared of that type of thinking , I really have no idea of what the future holds or how long they will give Dimma and starting to care less TBH  :-\

LaHug

Saw this stat on the AFL website.

Most broken tackles in 2017

27: Dustin Martin (Richmond)
13: Adam Saad (Gold Coast)
12: Sam Powell-Pepper (Port Adelaide), Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (Essendon),Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong)
10: Jarman Impey (Port Adelaide), Lance Franklin (Sydney), Jake Stringer (Western Bulldogs)

How ridiculous is that from Dusty??