West Coast 2017 season mega banter thread

Started by LF, March 20, 2017, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footy_junkie101

found this cool new Shuey Vid on youtube thatll get you pumped,https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KNGnM-fJCw&t=14s. kinda old highlights but good vid

jvalles69

Absolute junk, twice this year I've been embarrassed to be a supporter... :-[

Gigantor

Gigantor

Consecutive games played at the start of this round

Hurn - 73
Shuey - 67
JJK - 63
Sheppard - 57
Lecca - 38
Masten - 30
Wellingham - 28
Priddis  - 28

So 4 of the top 8 had their runs broken, its a bit sad that Masten has the 3rd best streak now  :o

elephants

Quote from: Gigantor on May 28, 2017, 09:54:25 PM
http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-05-28/kennedy-felled-by-calf-injury

Not achilles which is kind of good, hopefully only a few weeks out  :-\

Calf loads better than achilles, still hope we're ultra cautious with him.

jvalles69

elephants

Such a dismal day yesterday. Despite leading for most of the game, we were dominated by the Giants B-Team. Imagine when they have Coniglio, Devon Smith, Lobb, Haynes, Kennedy and the rest all fit and firing. If we can't beat them at Subi we won't beat them anywhere.

On the brightside, Jetta looked really really good for his first time ever. Hoping he keeps that up, as we are a much better side when he is getting 25ish possies and hitting the scoreboard

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2017, 02:37:53 PM
Such a dismal day yesterday. Despite leading for most of the game, we were dominated by the Giants B-Team. Imagine when they have Coniglio, Devon Smith, Lobb, Haynes, Kennedy and the rest all fit and firing. If we can't beat them at Subi we won't beat them anywhere.

On the brightside, Jetta looked really really good for his first time ever. Hoping he keeps that up, as we are a much better side when he is getting 25ish possies and hitting the scoreboard

Half way into the second qtr I was 100% sure we would lose. I could just see it unfolding. Maybe it's all the years of watching the boys but I just have a really good feel for how they are going in game and if we will win or lose

As for Jetta, the only thing that frustrated me was the several times he was one on one and could have easily burnt passed his opponent but didn't. Use your pace man!

GoLions

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2017, 03:12:16 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 29, 2017, 02:37:53 PM

Half way into the second qtr I was 100% sure we would lose. I could just see it unfolding. Maybe it's all the years of watching the boys but I just have a really good feel for how they are going in game and if we will win or lose

As for Jetta, the only thing that frustrated me was the several times he was one on one and could have easily burnt passed his opponent but didn't. Use your pace man!

Haha mate I hope you chucked a few hunjy on the Giants @ 3's :P

Yeah I feel ya, think he only did it once in the last quarter, but 1/10 is a bad strike rate. He's clearly down on confidence (hence, not backing himself in) hopefully this game is a launching pad for the rest of the season

RaisyDaisy

I don't really bet on sports, but my mate chucked a bet on at 3/4 time. Got GWS at $4 with a boost. Ridiculous odds at that time

RaisyDaisy

Great news with JJK only likely to miss 3 weeks with a calf strain

Looks like were chasing JJ too  :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-29/eagles-join-the-hunt-for-star-dog-jason-johannisen

jvalles69

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2017, 10:18:24 PM
Great news with JJK only likely to miss 3 weeks with a calf strain

Looks like were chasing JJ too  :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-29/eagles-join-the-hunt-for-star-dog-jason-johannisen

Only 2 weeks with the bye!  :D

JJ, mini-Gov and Matera would all be great gets for the club.

elephants

Yeah thank Christ JJK will be okay, still hope we don't rush him back in. Calves can certainly linger and while he isn't old, he is heading toward that 30+ mark and the last thing we want is reoccurring calf issues.

I'd love JJ, but 800k a year? Seems like massive overs when we already intercept well. Whilst his rebound/drive would be nice, its a massive chunk of the salary cap.

Little Gov and Matera though <3

RaisyDaisy

Well I'm pretty sure the salary cap is going up next year, and JJ is only 24 so I think he's worth it when a good chunk of our list will be retired in the next few years