West Coast 2017 season mega banter thread

Started by LF, March 20, 2017, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LF

Time to start the talk for the season proper now
Seems to be some decent competition for spots down in defence this year,good thing means the boys will be desperate to hold their spot in the team which should push them to perform well.

jvalles69

Rucks obviously our biggest issue, if Nic Nat and Lycett were fit I'd say we finish top 2.  Just Lycett fit then prob top 4.  I think we finish 5-6 with our current ruck stocks, but might still sneak into that top 4 hopefully.

meow meow

Ruckmen are overrated, especially with Priddis, Mitchell and Shuey on the ground. Would be nice to be fed by NN but not having him there won't hurt.

I'd say your fortunes rest with Wellingham, Masten, Sheed. Guns gonna gun, but it will be the 16th-24th men that dictate your fate. Don't think the Iggs had a top 2 list even if the rucks were fit and firing.

elephants

Quote from: meow meow on March 20, 2017, 09:52:42 PM
Ruckmen are overrated.

I agree to an extent, however NicNat is our most influential, dynamic player. Not having him is going to force us to change the way we play slightly.

Mitchell, Priddis, Shuey, Gaff though - pick who to tag of that lot!

Got everything crossed that Yeoy can start taking games by the scruff of the neck more, and guys like Masto and Redden are able to contribute week to week. The midfield is so damn important for us.

LF

Petrie has been upgraded for Nic Nat
And Scotty has been put on the LTI list,no upgrade at this stage

http://m.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2017-03-21/petire-upgraded-with-debut-looming

RaisyDaisy

Petrie needs surgery

Giles will be coming in

LF

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 26, 2017, 06:20:15 PM
Petrie needs surgery

Giles will be coming in

Figured Petrie would be out

Did anyone else see that JJK signed on until 2019

Gigantor

Quote from: LF on March 26, 2017, 06:55:25 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 26, 2017, 06:20:15 PM
Petrie needs surgery

Giles will be coming in

Figured Petrie would be out

Did anyone else see that JJK signed on until 2019

Yeah some time last year, told the club he wanted to keep it on the low down so they didn't make it public

Great news though, he is our most important player by a country mile

Toga

Francis Watson - did some good things in the JLT and had a fantastic game in the twos on the weekend. Does he get a look in soon? Would be a great story.

elephants

Quote from: Toga on April 03, 2017, 12:43:14 PM
Francis Watson - did some good things in the JLT and had a fantastic game in the twos on the weekend. Does he get a look in soon? Would be a great story.

I suggest he certainly will at some stage. Has a great head on his shoulders and speaks really well. Tough to break the side at the moment given our running defenders are so settled. Will be spending most of the year developing further in the WAFL.

Toga

Quote from: elephants on April 03, 2017, 01:09:51 PM
Quote from: Toga on April 03, 2017, 12:43:14 PM

I suggest he certainly will at some stage. Has a great head on his shoulders and speaks really well. Tough to break the side at the moment given our running defenders are so settled. Will be spending most of the year developing further in the WAFL.

I watched his post-draft presser and thought exactly that ele, seems like a really good kid and really hope he gets the opportunity because he deserves it. Watching his footage would be a handy third tall defender but as you say that Eagles backline looks very settled already.

LF

Hmmm
Jetta and Hutch out Duggan and Butler in
Like I thought there would be a couple more changes this week,be nice if they started rewarding WAFL form and giving some of them a crack at it rather than playing the "my spot is safe" players whose form is questionable at times yet they hold their spot week after week.

jvalles69

Hopefully Sheed gets another crack soon, and Watson and Venables get a game as well.

GoLions

Quote from: jvalles69 on April 12, 2017, 08:06:19 PM
Hopefully Sheed gets another crack soon, and Watson and Venables get a game as well.
Get Venables in there!

LF

Quote from: GoLions on April 12, 2017, 08:07:09 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on April 12, 2017, 08:06:19 PM
Get Venables in there!

They are still taking it easy with him

Sheed,Watson and Mutimer are the main 3 that should be getting a crack at it,Mutimer must be close tho as he has been our emergency the last couple of weeks.