West Coast 2017 season mega banter thread

Started by LF, March 20, 2017, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 20, 2017, 10:12:51 AM
I would rather have Matera > Fasolo > even Ballas than Lecras.  Guy cares more about his hair and fishing reports, have also heard he refuses to play WAFL, anyone confirm this?  That would be enough reason to turf him.

Classic bullshower rumours tbh. If that was the case he'd be cut. I'm fine with the re-signing, we aren't exactly blessed with small-medium fwds. Everyone is hyping Willie Rioli, but he can't play with ruined hamstrings, and we havent even seen him at AFL level yet, its an enormous step from WAFL ressies... Having Lecca there for another 12 months is fine by me. I just hope we give Tim Kelly and Luke Ryan (and to a lesser extent Haiden Schloithe) a good look from the WAFL.

Ehhh Jetta bashing is getting old. We just have to acknowledge that he's a wildly inconsistent player and he's played his best footy. When we see glimpses of his best its exciting as flower, and who knows, at some stage it could be the difference between winning and losing a final, as it was against the Crows in what was basically an elim final for us in round 23.

shaker

Quote from: elephants on September 20, 2017, 11:48:25 AM
Quote from: jvalles69 on September 20, 2017, 10:12:51 AM
I would rather have Matera > Fasolo > even Ballas than Lecras.  Guy cares more about his hair and fishing reports, have also heard he refuses to play WAFL, anyone confirm this?  That would be enough reason to turf him.

Classic bullshower rumours tbh. If that was the case he'd be cut. I'm fine with the re-signing, we aren't exactly blessed with small-medium fwds. Everyone is hyping Willie Rioli, but he can't play with ruined hamstrings, and we havent even seen him at AFL level yet, its an enormous step from WAFL ressies... Having Lecca there for another 12 months is fine by me. I just hope we give Tim Kelly and Luke Ryan (and to a lesser extent Haiden Schloithe) a good look from the WAFL.

Ehhh Jetta bashing is getting old. We just have to acknowledge that he's a wildly inconsistent player and he's played his best footy. When we see glimpses of his best its exciting as flower, and who knows, at some stage it could be the difference between winning and losing a final, as it was against the Crows in what was basically an elim final for us in round 23.
Not bashing him just think no use playing someone for the occasional effort better off playing a young guy who will have a crack every week and if the coach excepts an insipid effort like his in a cut throat final maybe he needs a foot up the arse as well  ;)

RaisyDaisy

Giles has been forced to retire due to knee issue

Bill Manspeaker

apparently we offered up Acres and pick 7 for Gaff and you guys declined. this coming from a guy on BF who has been right about a few things. pretty sure he's the son of Brian Waldron

gotta say... if that was the deal we offered up, thaaaaaank flower you guys declined

find it hard to believe we would do that though

RaisyDaisy

Acres just signed on til 2020 like 2 days ago?

Maybe the offer was made last week and declined so then they signed on Acres?

Bill Manspeaker

yeah that's what he was saying

he started by saying something yesterday like "Gaff trade fell through, hence the re-signing" or words to that effect

really find it hard to believe though