West Coast 2017 season mega banter thread

Started by LF, March 20, 2017, 08:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: elephants on May 30, 2017, 10:52:24 AM
Yeah thank Christ JJK will be okay, still hope we don't rush him back in. Calves can certainly linger and while he isn't old, he is heading toward that 30+ mark and the last thing we want is reoccurring calf issues.

I'd love JJ, but 800k a year? Seems like massive overs when we already intercept well. Whilst his rebound/drive would be nice, its a massive chunk of the salary cap.

Little Gov and Matera though <3
You know what you don't do well?

Run very quickly ;)

JJ could be that speed you need

elephants

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 30, 2017, 11:07:26 AM
Well I'm pretty sure the salary cap is going up next year, and JJ is only 24 so I think he's worth it when a good chunk of our list will be retired in the next few years

Like? Sam Mitchell? His contract wouldn't be unworldly, the draw was the coaching gig at the end.

Matt Priddis would be on less than you'd think

Sam Butler is working for minimum wage

I doubt we'd be freeing up that much, and once those boys go I'd rather focus the funds through the midfield, plus re-signing some of the kids (Duggan, Sheed, etc) that will be getting to the point in their careers where they can demand more cash.

I love JJ's flair more than anyone, but we've got to keep a level head about these kinds of enormous list management decisions.

RaisyDaisy

I wasn't referring to the older guys freeing up space - more so that when they go we need good youth coming through and JJ has to be considered

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on May 30, 2017, 11:11:32 AM
Quote from: elephants on May 30, 2017, 10:52:24 AM
Yeah thank Christ JJK will be okay, still hope we don't rush him back in. Calves can certainly linger and while he isn't old, he is heading toward that 30+ mark and the last thing we want is reoccurring calf issues.

I'd love JJ, but 800k a year? Seems like massive overs when we already intercept well. Whilst his rebound/drive would be nice, its a massive chunk of the salary cap.

Little Gov and Matera though <3
You know what you don't do well?

Run very quickly ;)

JJ could be that speed you need

That'd be the reason we're chasing him, Jetta playing well made such a difference and he's a spud. Imagine what JJ could bring :o

The price he's putting on his head is extraordinary though

shaker

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2017, 10:18:24 PM
Great news with JJK only likely to miss 3 weeks with a calf strain

Looks like were chasing JJ too  :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-29/eagles-join-the-hunt-for-star-dog-jason-johannisen

3 weeks it looked pretty serious to me from the vision at nearly 30 think that is petty optimistic

Ricochet

Quote from: shaker on May 30, 2017, 02:44:11 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 29, 2017, 10:18:24 PM
Great news with JJK only likely to miss 3 weeks with a calf strain

Looks like were chasing JJ too  :D

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-29/eagles-join-the-hunt-for-star-dog-jason-johannisen

3 weeks it looked pretty serious to me from the vision at nearly 30 think that is petty optimistic
that and the fact he was battling achilles soreness as well

Ringo

I have deleted these last three threads deliberate baiting is not on. keep the banter civil please.

GoLions

Does that mean we can bait if it's not deliberate?

#dontgobothways #notlikeabisexual #elesucksatutg

Ringo

RaisyDaisy

What was deleted? Why?

JS just took a jokingly jab and I only asked what his obsession with ribbing WCE's fans where?

No malice from him or me at all

LF

Patrick Keane @AFL_PKeane
·
31m

West Coast has upgraded Fraser McInnes to the senior list under the rules relating to the promotion of a rookie after mid-season.

Nige

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 14, 2017, 06:27:18 PM
What was deleted? Why?

JS just took a jokingly jab and I only asked what his obsession with ribbing WCE's fans where?

Presumably because everything is open to mod discretion and it's entirely up to how they interpret things and feel towards the topic.

There doesn't appear to be set protocol either and so whether a warning, deletion, lock etc happens seems to be more random than situational.

That's all mere speculation based on casual observations though.

GoLions

Quote from: Nige on June 14, 2017, 06:37:18 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 14, 2017, 06:27:18 PM
What was deleted? Why?

Presumably because everything is open to mod discretion and it's entirely up to how they interpret things and feel towards the topic.

There doesn't appear to be set protocol either and so whether a warning, deletion, lock etc happens seems to be more random than situational.

That's all mere speculation based on casual observations though.
And also cause ele sucks at utg

fanTCfool

Why put mega banter in the title if mega banter is not permitted? #elesucksatutg #impartial