Trust The Process

Started by Mat0369, February 04, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

I haven't touched this team since DT opened. I might have a fiddle with it later today so I figured I should keep a record in case I forget who was where.

Doc, Joey, Hammer, Hibberd, McGrath, Berry, Keefe, Hibberd 2.0
Neale, Pendles, Tom Mitchell, Steven, Murphy, Swallow, Bowes, Myers, Freeman, Fisher, Graham
Stef, Sandi, Pittonet
NRoo, Macrae, Roughy, McCarthy, Thomas, Stewart, Gallucci, Pickett

457k in the bank so a crap load of cash to work with.

GoLions

Haha was gonna say, looks like you're short a premo or two. That cash leftover explains why :P

Team looks pretty good though. Using the cash on another premo mid or something would be good I reckon. Otherwise, just small upgrades to guys like Sandi, Roughy, Hibberd etc.

Mat0369

It was just a team I chucked together with the premiums I wanted (Doc, Mitchell, Steven, NRoo, Macrae) and a bunch of placeholders.

The team I ended up with later that day looks like this. I forgot to update it then.

Adams, Doc, Hodge, McGrath, Keefe, Hibberd (NM), Vickers-Willis, Ryan
Neale, Pendles, Mitchell, Steven, Hunter, Murphy, Swallow, Bowes, Myers, Fisher, Graham
Stef, Sandi, Pittonet
NRoo, Macrae, Dahl, Thomas, Ainsworth, Stewart, Gallucci, Pickett

31k left.

Mat0369

Updated team

Adams, Simmo, Doc, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW, Hibberd 2.0, Stewart
Neale, Hanners, Pendles, Mitchell, Steven, Beams, Murphy, O'Meara, Powell-Pepper, Barrett, Pickett
Goldy, Sandi, Preuss
Macrae, Dahl, Roughy, Bowes, Black, Butler, Cameron, Eddy

10k spare.

Rusty00

It's a solid team, obviously subject to which rookies are named come Round 1.

No Danger or Rocky a bit of a risk if one or both explode from the get go but you still have a number of big scorers in the middle. I'm not as much of a fan of Sandi in this format as opposed to SC but at that price he's still a worthy punt.

Mat0369

My first year in DT I started Sandi and regretted it. I traded him out pretty quickly, however he wasn't under 300k that year.

The reasoning behind my midfield, I'm only picking up Rocky in AF. The reason for that is they give me 2 trades a week so when he gets injured or suspended I can trade him out without a worry. I also think Danger is overpriced for this format. He is 100% a SC player and I dont know if he will sustain a 117 average in the first few weeks of the season.

I was tempted to take a bit of a smokey in Merrett as a POD and had him in there in my last team but needed the cash. He became Hanners who I am happy with. I think Jack Steven bounces back and could finish the year as the top mid so I think that will help me out and match the scores from Danger/Rocky if they do explode.

Rusty00

Yeah I've recently put Steven into my side as well :)

Mat0369

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 09, 2017, 09:47:29 PM
Yeah I've recently put Steven into my side as well :)

I was hoping he would be a POD but he has had a couple of strong JLT games which will see his ownership spike.

Mat0369

Stef is tearing apart today so I have slotted him back in. I started playing around with my cash and I'm tempted to pass on Adams for the time being. I've come up with this which I don't mind

Shaw, Simmo, Doc, Marchbank, Hampton, EVW, Hibberd 2.0, Stewart
Merrett, Neale, Pendles, Mitchell, Steven, Murphy, O'Meara, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Barrett, Pickett
Martin, Sandi, Preuss
Macrae, Dahl, Roughy, Taranto, McCarthy, Turner, Cameron, Eddy

57k in the bank.

AaronKirk

Is Nankervis a better mid priced ruck option in DT than Sandilands?

From what I have seen in the pre-season he does more at ground level than Sandilands which should see him score more than Sandi.

As you said in an earlier post here Sandi isn't a great DT scorer and I would think Nankervis as the number 1 Richmond ruck would be worth the risk to pick over Sandi.

In JLT 3 Sandi had 37 hitouts and 6 disposals for a DT score of 56. Nankervis 18 hitouts, 16 disposals for a score of 72.

Nankervis scored 85 and 92 DT in his other 2 games.

Sandilands dominated JLT 2 v Collingwood and scored heavily in SC but only got 71 in DT.

Something to ponder. In SC Sandi hasn't left my side but he won't be in my DT side.

The rest of your side is very good.

Mat0369

Nank is also 70k more in price.

Also Sandilands scores since 2008 in DT

49.5 (injured season)
55.4 (injured season)

So Sandi is probably looking at an 85 average based on recent history and priced at 295k it looks a good pick. That's probably Nanks ceiling as well. I'm also not  picking Nank in any comp. I think he is going to flop as a R2 and I don't see him as good enough for F6. I'd rather wait for Ryder to drop in price and grab him for ruck cover.

whorya

what are people's thoughts on Witts as R2 or sandi a better choice? Im going Grundy R1 for now and nanks fwd

Mat0369

For 10k more I would 100% take Sandi. I can't see Witts getting near an 80 average in DT.

whorya

im very nervous about starting sandi in case he doesn't last - I guess having nanks and dpp gives me flexibility.

Mat0369

I'm thinking this is the team I'm likely to go with.

Shaw, Simmo, Doc, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart, Otten, EVW
Merrett, Neale, Pendles, Mitchell, Steven, Murphy, O'Meara, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Barrett, Pickett
Martin, Sandi, Preuss
Macrae, Dahl, Roughy, Taranto, Hoskin-Elliott, Turner, Parfitt, Eddy

6k left in cash.

I might swap Parfitt to Houston or Butler depending on who is named.