Trust The Process

Started by Mat0369, February 04, 2017, 07:22:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

Solid team. Personally I'm not convinced with Murphy but he's not a bad pick and it makes your rookies look more solid as opposed to my team that has Beams instead.

Mat0369

I VC'ed Murphy tonight for his 139. Preuss out, Cameron in and loophole him.

I feel like crying that I didn't get him in SC as well.

Rusty00

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 24, 2017, 01:17:27 AM
I VC'ed Murphy tonight for his 139. Preuss out, Cameron in and loophole him.

I feel like crying that I didn't get him in SC as well.
He certainly looked good last night!

Mat0369

Shaw, Simmo, Doc, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Macreadie)
Merrett, Neale, Pendles, Mitchell, Steven, Beams, Murphy (VC), Barrett (Powell-Pepper, Parfitt, Hibberd)
Martin, Cameron (Sandi)
Macrae, Dahl, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Taranto, Houston, (Pickett, Eddy)

3.8k remaining.

Mat0369

2188 and ranked 688 overall at the moment. I'll take it. My field will likely look like this

Shaw, Simmo, Doc, Marchbank, Hampton, Stewart (Otten, Macreadie)
Merrett, Neale, Pendles (VC), Mitchell, Steven, Beams, Murphy, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Parfitt, Hibberd)
Martin, Cameron (Sandi)
Macrae, Dahl, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Taranto, Houston, (Pickett, Eddy)

I think we have a loophole option this week so Cameron will see the field and give the VC to Pendles.

Mat0369

2129 and ranked 454 now. So I moved up which I'll take considering I had some flops.

I have Jack Steven and will look at trading him out with the busted ribs. I'm pretty happy with the rest of my team apart from a couple of poor premium scores. I can afford any mid cheaper then Steven   :P

Any suggestions?

My team looks like this

Doc, Shaw, Simmo, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Stewart, Macreadie)
Merrett, Murphy, Mitchell, Pendles, Shuey?, Beams, Neale, SPP (Barrett, Parfitt, Pickett)
Stef, Sandi (Cameron)
Dahl, Marcrae, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Houston, Taranto (Eddy, Hannan)

If I go Shuey that gives me 43k in the bank and 28 trades.

The other trade I am possibly thinking is Taranto>Butler or Preuss using Cameron. I'm thinking of sticking fat with Taranto.

Adamant

Personally I'd take Gaff over Shuey if I was picking an Eagles mid. Shuey is yet to crack a 100 average in DT whereas Gaff went 104.6 in 2015 and was only down last year due to getting concussed and never really recovering from it. He's also 43k cheaper.

Team looks pretty nice though! Well done on the Murphy pick. I nearly grabbed him myself but went Jobe instead - can't really complain at this stage.

Mat0369

I was looking at Gaff but I think I need to go a POD. How much Mitchell helps him in terms of his scoring will be interesting. Heppell was the other one that I had in my original draft and can find the pill.

Colliwobblers

i wish id started heppell, gaff gets plenty of the pill, shuey is good in a contest and ducks a lot, but heppell is just plain good. real good.

heppell - gaff - duckey

Mat0369

Only downside with Heppell is I completely root myself come round 13. Heppell, Merrett, Pendles, Mitchell and Neale all on bye.

Colliwobblers

yes thats too many unless they are all well outscoring your other options for every other week, still thats 2 donuts

Mat0369

With Laird and Adams looking at guys that I should grab down the track as well it is probably going overkill. I'm thinking I need someone from the round 12 bye. If I had the cash I would grab Dusty. Selwood might be an option otherwise it's the Eagles boys.

Colliwobblers

gaff over shuey for mine, he racks them up, dont think you can go wrong either way, but id be on gaff.

Mat0369

I'll look at it again later in the week and break down some of the byes

Mat0369

2195 for the week, now ranked 704. I made a couple of mistakes and it came back to bite me. I ended up making two trades.

Taranto>Butler
Steven>Rocky

I got excited when I saw Rocky's name and forgot about this

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 03, 2017, 12:17:16 AM
I'm thinking I need someone from the round 12 bye. If I had the cash I would grab Dusty. Selwood might be an option otherwise it's the Eagles boys.

I should have gone Dusty but I'll back Rocky to go big this week in a head to head. Captain Merrett hurt since he Merrett didn't hit the ton,

Looking at my side I have some under performing premiums. Neale hasn't cracked the ton, Shaw has been blah, Simmo and Doc have been solid but compared to the popular Adams they aren't at the same level.

My team looks like this heading into next round.

Doc, Simmo, Shaw, Marchbank, Hampton, Otten (Macreadie, Stewart)
Murph, Mitchell, Merrett, Pendles, Rocky, Beams, Neale, Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Parfitt, Pickett)
Stef, Sandi (Cameron)
Macrae, Dahl, Steele, Hoskin-Elliott, Houston, Butler (Eddy, Hannan)

27 trades and 21k in the bank. I'm thinking two trades over the next two weeks. This week Stewart>Newman. Next week I can look at maybe Marchbank>Williamson if he performs again and keeps his spot.

Is it worth making the Newman trade for 20k?