GoLions' RDT Diary 2017

Started by GoLions, January 26, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Started off like garbage last year and stormed home to get to like a 2k ranking :P

Hopefully can start off a bit better this season. Would love to hear some thoughts on my team, DT isn't exactly my strong area aha.

Still have 54k left to spend.

GoLions

Brought in Adams and Laird over Joey and Houli, plus a few rookie changes here and there. Also got Swallow in the mids for a bit more scoring power there. 11.4k to play with still, but pretty happy atm.

Thoughts?

fanTCfool

Hunter and Steven are two players which should drop in price at some point, you could save a bit of cash and pick them up later IMO.

GoLions

Quote from: fanTCfool on February 11, 2017, 06:43:40 PM
Hunter and Steven are two players which should drop in price at some point, you could save a bit of cash and pick them up later IMO.
No chance I'm dropping Steven, love him in DT. Hunter I want to upgrade, but every player I look at I can find a reason why they could drop much lower in price haha. Zerrett has all the other Bombers players returning, Neale hasn't scored as well with Fyfe in the team (still good though mind you), Dusty could spend a bit more time fwd with Dion and Caddy coming in, any one of the Swans mids could start slow/fast (tempted with Parker but knee issues or something atm), Tmitch at new club, Gibbs NOT at a new club :P

Sloaney and Zorko I'm really considering though

Mat0369

I was big on Hunter last year, I just couldn't find the cash for him. Steven is a DT gun as well, you aren't dropping him. Both rack up the touches which is why they are suited to this comp.

fanTCfool

Quote from: Mat0369 on February 11, 2017, 08:25:59 PM

I was big on Hunter last year, I just couldn't find the cash for him. Steven is a DT gun as well, you aren't dropping him. Both rack up the touches which is why they are suited to this comp.

I'm not saying he's not suited to the comp, he's a beast and will finish as a Top 10 midfielder, but if you can only start 5, I'd be inclined to start 5 more consistent mids and pick up Steven when he inevitably drops. That's just me anyways.

Mat0369

The thing with Steven is he is a captain option and slays teams at Etihad. He opens with 8 of 10 games at Etihad which could result in some huge scores. If you haven't started him you're probably going to have to sell the farm to get him.

GoLions

Premos were good, rookies (up forward at least) were shower :P

Will likely hold my trades this week, and bring in the 2 best options next week. Florent, Pickett, Simpkin, Taranto, Bowes, Parfitt all need to perform! (or at least 4 of them anyway ;))

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on March 29, 2017, 09:26:22 PM
Will likely hold my trades this week, and bring in the 2 best options next week. Florent, Pickett, Simpkin, Taranto, Bowes, Parfitt all need to perform! (or at least 4 of them anyway ;))
They did not. Steven flowered as well apparently.

Not sure which way to go here. Rookies will all go up in cash this week so long term I think it might be better if I hold Steven this week (or even downgrade him to a rookie), and look to bring in 2 of Houston, Butler, and WHE. Then next week bring a premo mid back in with the cash remaining. Thoughts?

Mat0369

Murphy or Beams for Steven. That's what I would do in your shoes. Use the left over cash to grab Hoskin-Elliott for one of the rookies you have. Next week dump one of the spud forwards and Hibberd for Hayward (if he performs) and Newman.

GoLions

Didn't realise how expensive WHE was. I've locked in Simpkin for Houston. I can either go Steven to one of Tmitch/Beams/Murphy, or hold him (and hope he comes back in a week or 2) and trade Taranto/Bowes/Florent/Barrett/Pickett to either WHE or Butler.

All I can think about is how I wasted all of my trades last year and barely finished my team hahahaha

GoLions

Rusty00

Quote from: GoLions on April 07, 2017, 05:36:27 PM
Didn't realise how expensive WHE was. I've locked in Simpkin for Houston. I can either go Steven to one of Tmitch/Beams/Murphy, or hold him (and hope he comes back in a week or 2) and trade Taranto/Bowes/Florent/Barrett/Pickett to either WHE or Butler.

All I can think about is how I wasted all of my trades last year and barely finished my team hahahaha
It's a tough one, trades this week are doing my head in. If you kept Steven on the bench, who would you be starting on the field as a rookie?

GoLions

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 07, 2017, 06:11:20 PM
Quote from: GoLions on April 07, 2017, 05:36:27 PM

It's a tough one, trades this week are doing my head in. If you kept Steven on the bench, who would you be starting on the field as a rookie?
Barrett. But I also have SPS, SPP, and JOM already on the field in the mids. Have traded Steven to Murphy now so here's hoping he kills the Bombers.

FWIW guys, last year I'm pretty sure Murphy got injured the week I brought him in. So watch out :P

GoLions

I guess the 250k in the bank is also nice aha. Hibberd to Newman next week, and if I can afford it still, Taranto to Higgins could be an option as an early upgrade.