GoLions' RDT Diary 2017

Started by GoLions, January 26, 2017, 04:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Last week went Gawn and Hibberd out, Nroo and Newman in.

This week my trades are JOM and Florent out, Lloyd and Williamson in.

Team now looks like this:

54k in the bank. Bowes and Hampton may be the ones to go next week.

GoLions

Not sure who to trade out this week. Don't really want to trade Pickett as he's made barely any cash, but his BE is basically up there with his average now so even if he does return, will probably stay around the same price.

So maybe Pickett to Fisher, and one of Bowes/SPS to Balic?

Mat0369

Taranto/Bowes maybe to Fisher and Pickett to Balic are the two options I would look at.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 28, 2017, 06:16:57 PM
Taranto/Bowes maybe to Fisher and Pickett to Balic are the two options I would look at.
Ended up trading Bowes over Taranto :)

Mat0369

GoLions

Parfitt and Houston to Black/Parsons and Grundy is looking fairly tasty this week if Nank gets a week. If he doesn't, then I could go Hampton to Docherty instead of Houston to Grundy, but I think I'd rather keep Hampton for one more week.

Also, Lachie Hunter has been abysmal since round 3, really hoping he picks up soon :-\

Mat0369

I'm not sure what Houston's BE is but it might be better to use Hampton. You could trade Parfitt and Hampton out, move Nank, McGrath and Taranto and then grab Grundy and Parsons.

Gives you forward/mid DPP and you can grab a forward premo for Houston the week after potentially.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 01, 2017, 01:15:09 AM
I'm not sure what Houston's BE is but it might be better to use Hampton. You could trade Parfitt and Hampton out, move Nank, McGrath and Taranto and then grab Grundy and Parsons.

Gives you forward/mid DPP and you can grab a forward premo for Houston the week after potentially.
I'd assume with Hampton's 119 last week that his BE will be lower. I'll likely trade the one I keep, next week. SPP, McGrath, Taranto, SPS, Marchbank should all have another 2 weeks or so. The rest are still relatively early on in their cash generation. Barrett and Eddy I'm hoping get a few more games very soon.

Mat0369

I think once we know the BE's it will make it easier to figure out. I think Hampton should score pretty well vs Norf considering Gaz just put up a double ton. Port have WC at AO and Houston should be better in that game with the ball more down in defense. If they both score 70 see if you can find the projections of who will make the more cash at the end of the round and dump the other one.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on May 01, 2017, 01:26:17 AM
I think once we know the BE's it will make it easier to figure out. I think Hampton should score pretty well vs Norf considering Gaz just put up a double ton. Port have WC at AO and Houston should be better in that game with the ball more down in defense. If they both score 70 see if you can find the projections of who will make the more cash at the end of the round and dump the other one.
Yeah, sounds good. I'd probably back Houston to outscore Hampton by 10ish, so if his BE gets within that then may offload Hampton instead.

Ringo

B/E may change thinking Houston 63, Marchbank 42, Hampton 13 and Otten -2.

So probably need to stick to first Plan Houston and Parfitt to Grundy and Black/Parsons.

GoLions

Ended up going Houston to Parsons, and Parfitt to Grundy via Nank. Obviously Black looks to have been the better choice atm, but confident Parsons won't get dropped after 1 bad game considering he was brought straight back in following his suspension.

Scored 2096, which wasn't the worst I guess. Nroo was disappointing, as was Treloar and Grundy. For the rookies, obviously Parsons, and also Hampton and Balic.

SPS and Marchbank both awesome yet again, enjoying the cash that those 2 are making. Taranto and SPP probably have another week left (maybe 2 for Taranto). Barrett also making some nice cash. Williamson has at least another week left. I'm not sure who I want to trade this week tbh.

In terms of potential downgrade options, I guess there is McNiece and Mutimer, although not sure on Mutimer's JS. I could also grab Berry, even after 2 cash rises, as he's still a bit under 200k and seems to be finding his feet now. Won't go a week early on Myers. Not sure if I've missed anyone else?

For upgrades, I'd like to get Zerrett in, but can't afford him this week. So, I could do just the one downgrade this week, for example Hampton to Berry or McNiece (if named), or even Mutimer by shifting one of Adams or McGrath into defence. This would give me over 250k to play with (almost 350k if I grab McNiece). Then next week I can go SPP to Myers and maybe Williamson to Zerrett. Alternatively, I could grab someone like Yeo up forward this week, and wait a while longer on Zerrett. This would allow me to bench Balic fwiw.

Here's my team after round 7, with 110k in the kitty:

Appreciate any thoughts you guys and gals may have :)

Adamant

Would you consider someone like Heeney over Yeo? He's over 100k cheaper and I can see them averaging similar from here on out. I still feel that Yeo is a trap and his numbers aren't maintainable. However I don't rate him as a player so might be a bit biased there. :P

Provided McNiece is named, I think you might have just enough to go Hampton & SPP > McNiece & Heeney this week, and McGrath & Willo > Myers & Zerrett next week if you want two upgrades over the next two weeks (including Zerrett).

Mat0369

I think if he was to grab Heeney his byes would be cooked. Dahl, NRoo, Macrae and Heeney are all round 11. If Newman doesn't get a gig you might have to look at culling him. If you were to go Newman>McNiece that would give you 268k in the bank. That would allow you to go Hampton>Yeo comfortably.

GoLions

Yeah i looked at Buddy and Heeney, but as Mat said, would be totally flowered in the byes haha.

I guess the main question is, should i grab Yeo now and potentially wait longer on Zerrett, or lock in Zerrett for next week and just do a downgrade this week.

Decisions decisions :P

Tbh might come down to teams on Thursday/Friday.