Offseason Thread 2016 - In SOS We Trust

Started by Mat0369, August 31, 2016, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 11, 2016, 05:03:12 PM
Cats have come out and said they can only afford one of Lids or Tuohy. If that's the case there is a real possibility Tuohy stays at Carlton next year.

The Blues have also said they haven't given up on keeping Bryce.

QuoteGibbs and his wife, Lauren, have a young son, Charlie, and it's understood the greater family support networks they have in Adelaide are a significant reason behind the Blue's requested move.

If that's the case the club will probably sit down with both of them and see what they can do to help. They could let him come back in January and maybe even get them a full time nanny to help out.

flowering hell with the money Gibbs is on at the Blues I'm sure they could afford a nanny hahaha

Mat0369

Quote from: elephants on October 12, 2016, 01:56:41 PM
Cats have come out and said they can only afford one of Lids or Tuohy. If that's the case there is a real possibility Tuohy stays at Carlton next year.

QuoteGibbs and his wife, Lauren, have a young son, Charlie, and it's understood the greater family support networks they have in Adelaide are a significant reason behind the Blue's requested move.

If that's the case the club will probably sit down with both of them and see what they can do to help. They could let him come back in January and maybe even get them a full time nanny to help out.

flowering hell with the money Gibbs is on at the Blues I'm sure they could afford a nanny hahaha

You and I know that, but the club needs to do something to show them both that we want you around, we will do whatever it takes to keep you around.

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 12, 2016, 02:08:27 PM

You and I know that, but the club needs to do something to show them both that we want you around, we will do whatever it takes to keep you around.

Sure they could get a nanny for them that would be great for club but I think you are underestimating the draw of the family and raising there kids around them he will end up at Adelaide or I'm guessing you are going to have one very unhappy player

RiOtChEsS

as a parent there is a cavernous gap between a nanny and grandparents, i dont blame him for wanting home

JBs-Hawks

Buy a pub and ship his old man over to work in it!

Mat0369

Quote from: shaker on October 12, 2016, 03:03:26 PM
Sure they could get a nanny for them that would be great for club but I think you are underestimating the draw of the family and raising there kids around them he will end up at Adelaide or I'm guessing you are going to have one very unhappy player

This is true, and the issue is probably Lauren not wanting to leave their son with a stranger and I get that. I think one of the clubs (might be Hawthorn) have set up a daycare for all the players and staff so they can bring their kids to work with them and they will have full time care. Bryce's son is probably too young for this anyway but this is a route we should be looking at if we haven't already.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 12, 2016, 03:12:13 PM
Buy a pub and ship his old man over to work in it!

I like this one as well. Or lets just make him head of 'scouting'

RiOtChEsS

If we can get The Crows 2017 2nd rounder chucked in with Lyons and Pick 13 i rekn that could seal the deal

fanTCfool

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 17, 2016, 10:51:22 PM
If we can get The Crows 2017 2nd rounder chucked in with Lyons and Pick 13 i rekn that could seal the deal

Lyons has explicitly said he doesn't want to come to Carlton (which is a bummer) so this would be unlikely.

Money Shot

13 and next years first!

We've been through pretty much every player Hahahaha

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 17, 2016, 11:07:19 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 17, 2016, 10:51:22 PM

Lyons has explicitly said he doesn't want to come to Carlton (which is a bummer) so this would be unlikely.
really? do you have a link/source?

Mat0369

I have come to the conclusion that the only way SOS takes less on one trade is because he plans to flip it in another trade where we make out like bandits.

TomK

13 + Lyons AND a 2017 2nd Rounder? Boy oh boy woweee!

Take out Lyons or the 2nd Rounder but add in the pick we get for the Lyons and that's your deal.

fanTCfool

Quote from: TomK on October 17, 2016, 11:46:51 PM

Take out Lyons or the 2nd Rounder but add in the pick we get for the Lyons and that's your deal.

SOS turned down 13 + Atkins, so 13 + 26 wouldn't get it done, we reportedly want a player.

TomK

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 17, 2016, 11:53:54 PM
Quote from: TomK on October 17, 2016, 11:46:51 PM

SOS turned down 13 + Atkins, so 13 + 26 wouldn't get it done, we reportedly want a player.
You'll get players with the picks we give you :P

shaker

I think it is time for the Crows to chase Rockliff and let the Blues keep an unhappy Gibbs