Offseason Thread 2016 - In SOS We Trust

Started by Mat0369, August 31, 2016, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2016, 07:01:06 PM
Really? 13, 24 and 43?
I can understand 13 for Marchbank but 24 and 43 for Stewart and Downie respectively is definitely not worth it.
Tuohy for Hrovat + Honeychurch is bearable, but I would much rather keep Tuohy.

It's been a very sad day to be a Carlton supporter.
Yeah that's true mate! I'm trying to be realistic hahaha

Yeah shattered that Gibbs and Tuohy (two of my fav players) are going :(

Mat0369

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 10, 2016, 07:01:06 PM
Really? 13, 24 and 43?
I can understand 13 for Marchbank but 24 and 43 for Stewart and Downie respectively is definitely not worth it.
Tuohy for Hrovat + Honeychurch is bearable, but I would much rather keep Tuohy.

It's been a very sad day to be a Carlton supporter.

I can't see SOS getting low balled. I have a feeling we're going to end up with maybe a Vardy/Motlop type guy in the Tuohy deal. I can live with that since Tuohy is expendable to a degree with Simmo, Doc and Byrne back there. The Gibbs deal is where we need to put a foot down since he is signed on until 2019.

Mat0369

The other thing that needs to be remembered in this potential deal is Gibbs has 3 years left on a contract at 600k a season. He is costing us less then Daisy. Take into account how valuable he is to the team, he is the vice captain and the only guys ahead of him are Cripps, Weits and Doc. They aren't going to give him up for peanuts.

RiOtChEsS

Blues play hard ball on Gibbs
Adelaide will have to give up a quality player such as Brad Crouch or Mitch McGovern to ensure Bryce Gibbs winds up at west lakes.

That is according to the Adelaide Advertiser, which reports the Crows tried to offer pick No.13 and Jarryd Lyons or out-of-contract forward Harry Dear, who is yet to play a game, on the first day of trade talks for the Carlton star.

Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni reportedly baulked at those options as discussions continue, amid Carlton's disappointment at Gibbs' request.

Adelaide will have to concede a quality player or future draft picks to get the deal done, the newspaper reports.

Money Shot

Gibbs for 13 and Lyons should make both clubs happy? Blues can keep pick five and use 13 in the trade for Marchbank and get a decent player which would probably struggle to get games with Gibbs there anyways?

Mat0369

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 11, 2016, 11:08:56 AM
Adelaide will have to give up a quality player such as Brad Crouch or Mitch McGovern to ensure Bryce Gibbs winds up at west lakes.

That is according to the Adelaide Advertiser, which reports the Crows tried to offer pick No.13 and Jarryd Lyons or out-of-contract forward Harry Dear, who is yet to play a game, on the first day of trade talks for the Carlton star.

Blues list manager Stephen Silvagni reportedly baulked at those options as discussions continue, amid Carlton's disappointment at Gibbs' request.

Adelaide will have to concede a quality player or future draft picks to get the deal done, the newspaper reports.

I would expect nothing less from SOS

TomK

That article was written by Rucci, who 3 hours before Gibbs was announced, released an article saying the Crows would get no one this trade period. Don't listen to the crap coming from him.

Also dreaming if you expect Crouch or McGovern. :P

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: TomK on October 11, 2016, 12:38:16 PM

That article was written by Rucci, who 3 hours before Gibbs was announced, released an article saying the Crows would get no one this trade period. Don't listen to the crap coming from him.

Also dreaming if you expect Crouch or McGovern. :P
Id actually prefer McLovin Jr over Lyons
However that might present the same bloody "home sick scenario" down the track so i dunno #inSOSiltrust

Mat0369

Cats have come out and said they can only afford one of Lids or Tuohy. If that's the case there is a real possibility Tuohy stays at Carlton next year.

The Blues have also said they haven't given up on keeping Bryce.

QuoteGibbs and his wife, Lauren, have a young son, Charlie, and it's understood the greater family support networks they have in Adelaide are a significant reason behind the Blue's requested move.

If that's the case the club will probably sit down with both of them and see what they can do to help. They could let him come back in January and maybe even get them a full time nanny to help out.

Money Shot

with Lyons "highly unlikely" to be part of the deal I don't know how Adelaide are going to get it done! Would much prefer Gibbs leadership rather than pick 13 ...

Don't see Adelaide giving up McGovern or Crouch.

fanTCfool

I think some other trades will have to take place before we see an end to this one, there's no way Adelaide won't get a deal done, so they're gonna have to work hard on it. Very happy that we are in the position of power for this one, and with SOS in charge we certainly won't draw the short straw with a rushed last minute deal.

Money Shot

Do you think there is a chance we get 13 and next years first?

RiOtChEsS

Apparently we want Charlie Cameron with pick 13 8)

RiOtChEsS

We're also allegedly seeking Nakia Cockatoo or Darcy Lang for Zachy Boy

Money Shot

I don't think we will get any players from the Adelaide deal anymore! I'm hopeful of getting 14 and next years first! Wishful thinking I know but a man can hope! And mid teen picks aren't going to be anything amazing in the short team!

Adelaide needs a gun mid and they won't wanna trade a Cameron or McGovern so I'm hopeful that the picks will be given!