Offseason Thread 2016 - In SOS We Trust

Started by Mat0369, August 31, 2016, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

So the season is over, we started strongly in a year we were expected to be terrible before hitting a wall. While the end was disappointing, it's an overall success based on expectations.

We have a heap of guys out of contract heading into the off-season and a couple have already been de-listed. Here is what we have so far.

Dennis Armfield - Reportedly has been offered a 1 year deal, just waiting on him to sign.

Blaine Boekhorst - Reportedly has been offered a contract, I think it is a 2 year deal, again waiting on a signature.

Dylan Buckley - Currently unsigned from what I gather, he might be moved.

Levi Casboult - Signed a 1 year deal during the week.

Matthew Dick - Delisted

Andrejs Everitt - Most likely gone

Jayden Foster - Delisted

Andrew Gallucci - Rookie listed so who knows

Billy Gowers - Same as Gallucci

Nick Graham -  Same as Buckley

Sam Rowe - I read he had a trigger point in his contract which he hit, he should be around for at least another 12 months.

Ciaran Sheehan - Rookie listed and constantly injured, he is good when healthy but can't get on the park.

Kade Simpson - He still hasn't signed his 1 year deal which I found surprising.

Clem Smith - I'd assume he is gone.

Zac Tuohy - I can't find anything on him signing yet so this is also a worry. I would expect he re-signs quickly though if he already hasn't.

Jason Tutt - I would expect he isn't offered another deal

Dillon Viojo-Rainbow - Unsigned and no idea if he will be.

Mark Whiley - Same as Skittles.

Cameron Wood - Done and dusted

Matthew Wright - I would expect we offer him a 2 or 3 year deal some time in the next couple of weeks.

fanTCfool

Carlton social media advertising that there will be four re-signings in the next four (Insert unspecified unit of time - probably days)
Also heard on SEN that Tuohy looking at an offer to go to North Melbourne.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mat0369 on August 31, 2016, 06:13:44 PM
what's the go with this guy? Was touted as a future captain only a year or two ago

fanTCfool

Quote from: Ricochet on September 06, 2016, 06:26:39 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on August 31, 2016, 06:13:44 PM
what's the go with this guy? Was touted as a future captain only a year or two ago

Still finding his way back into the side as a HFF after starting his Blues career as a HBF, as a father son I think he'll be re-signed.

fanTCfool

Levi Casboult just signed a one year deal...

Mat0369

Quote from: Ricochet on September 06, 2016, 06:26:39 PM

I probably wouldn't say captain  :P

Basically the issue with Bucks is he is trying to establish a position in this team. Bolton wanted to go with a settled defensive rotation with sure users and decision makers out of the back line. While Bucks can provide run and carry he isn't the cleanest by foot and can make a couple of shocking decisions. It also didn't help that Simmo, Doc, Tuohy and our other Irish boys in Byrne and Sheehan suit the role better.

To get him into the team we had him play forward flank where he struggled. He went to the reserves to get some form, was then suspended in the VFL and lost his opportunity to Sumner, Lamb and Dennis. He may have also had an injury in this time, I can't remember.

I think his best position is on a wing and that's where he played late in the year and played some good footy. Unfortunately early in the year it was evident we had other plans. It looked lik Bolts wanted to go with two established wings looking at the preseason with a 3rd getting most of the minutes to give them a spell. Boek and Daisy seemed to be the two with Curnow rotating through. When Boekhorst got injured it was more pinch hitting from the forwards on the wings or Kerridge.

So I have no idea what's going on with Bucks. He has talent, but it's a matter of consistency. He has never really had a chance to gain that because either his body has let him down or he has been thrown around from position to position. We need to also remember he was a pick in the 60's of a compromised draft. He did fall due to injury, but maybe we're expecting too much. He could look for opportunities elsewhere this offseason and being in a rebuild the picks will be handy. Otherwise I'm thinking it's a short 1 year prove it deal.

Mat0369

Quote from: fanTCfool on September 06, 2016, 08:29:18 PM
Levi Casboult just signed a one year deal...

He is the first of 4 announced. The deal was penned when I started the thread, I think it's just a fan engagement thing with the announcements which I like. Dennis and Simmo will be 2 of the others. Simmo will be last for obvious reasons. The 4th deal I'm not sure though. We've apparently extended Weits so it could be that. Boekhorst is supposed to have a deal so it could be him. Matty Wright I assume gets a contract so it might be him. I'm thinking it's Tuohy though after he signs/signed the 3 year deal.

Also on the Levi deal, I'm not sure how he is liking the 1 year deal but ge deserved a new contract. I think we were pretty harsh on him this year when he dipped in the back end. Same goes with Kreuz. It's not a coincidence that both of them dropped off when they came back from LTI's in a fortnight. They would have been playing through them for the back end of the season.

fanTCfool

Jack Silvagni adds a year to his contract, meaning that there is only 1 'spot' left in this publicity stunt as I think Simmo might announce a 1 year extension at the JN Medal night on Friday and be the final name of the 4-pack to re-sign.
It's building up to something like that.

Mat0369

Simmo signed on Thursday and the Weits extension is the big announcement they did at the B&F. He has been extended until 2021.

B&F results

Winner: Sam Docherty
2nd: Simmo
3rd: Cripps
4th: Gibbs
5th: Ed Curnow
6th: Tie between Wright and Rowe
8th: Tuohy
9th: Kreuz
10th: Kerridge

meow meow

Tuohy to replace Spud in the NM line up is what I'm hearing.

RiOtChEsS

Are we a realistic chance to land Titch?

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: meow meow on September 10, 2016, 07:24:42 PM
Tuohy to replace Spud in the NM line up is what I'm hearing.
Cattery and Motlop on trade winds...

Mat0369

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 04, 2016, 11:25:33 AM

I can't see why we wouldn't be. We have more we can offer the Swans in picks then the Hawks and can probably offer him more money. Daisy and Jones come off the books next year and they're our two worst contracts. If we back end the deal we could offer him a nice chunk of change in a rebuilding team.

I think the Hawks have one more realistic chance of competing for a flag and that's next year. After that I think they're in purgatory. If he wants a premiership right away he may as well stay in Sydney.

Money Shot

Gibbs to Adelaide for pick 14 and CEY
Pick 5,14 for 7, Marchbank and Stewart
Tuohy for Motlop

Calling it now ;)

Money Shot

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 04, 2016, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 04, 2016, 11:25:33 AM

I can't see why we wouldn't be. We have more we can offer the Swans in picks then the Hawks and can probably offer him more money. Daisy and Jones come off the books next year and they're our two worst contracts. If we back end the deal we could offer him a nice chunk of change in a rebuilding team.

I think the Hawks have one more realistic chance of competing for a flag and that's next year. After that I think they're in purgatory. If he wants a premiership right away he may as well stay in Sydney.
I really hope we get him! I doubt it because everyone seems to think he's going to Hawthorn. He would look good along side Cripps for the next 10 years 8)

What do we have to offer for him though!?