Started by Mat0369, August 31, 2016, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fanTCfool

Quote from: Money Shot on October 04, 2016, 04:24:41 PM
Gibbs to Adelaide for pick 14 and CEY
Pick 5,14 for 7, Marchbank and Stewart
Tuohy for Motlop

Calling it now ;)

That sucks, Tuohy a lot more use than Motlop.
Motlop struggles in a good, team, imagine what he'd be like with us?
No chance I'd give away Gibbs for 14 and CEY either.

A lot more interested in Hrovat (who has been linked to the club) than Motlop.

Money Shot

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 04, 2016, 05:31:39 PM
Quote from: Money Shot on October 04, 2016, 04:24:41 PM
Gibbs to Adelaide for pick 14 and CEY
Pick 5,14 for 7, Marchbank and Stewart
Tuohy for Motlop

Calling it now ;)

Hahaha I'm not a fan either I just reckon that it could happen like that!

Mat0369

Quote from: fanTCfool on October 04, 2016, 05:31:39 PM

Those look like Malthouse regime trades, not SOS. They're making me nauseous and I'm having flashbacks of Liam Jones looking at them.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Money Shot on October 04, 2016, 05:05:29 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on October 04, 2016, 12:59:27 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 04, 2016, 11:25:33 AM
Are we a realistic chance to land Titch?

I can't see why we wouldn't be. We have more we can offer the Swans in picks then the Hawks and can probably offer him more money. Daisy and Jones come off the books next year and they're our two worst contracts. If we back end the deal we could offer him a nice chunk of change in a rebuilding team.

I think the Hawks have one more realistic chance of competing for a flag and that's next year. After that I think they're in purgatory. If he wants a premiership right away he may as well stay in Sydney.
I really hope we get him! I doubt it because everyone seems to think he's going to Hawthorn. He would look good along side Cripps for the next 10 years 8)

What do we have to offer for him though!?
yeah i really like what he could bring to our midfield group

those trades were awful, motlop might win a team two games but could lose you just as many

RiOtChEsS

Nige

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 08, 2016, 09:37:21 AM
are we pursuing any free agents at all?
I heard yesterday that Carlton were looking at Jay Schulz.

You'll probably just raid GWS of a few blokes again.

fanTCfool

I wouldn't mind Schulz for a year, we struggle up front for height and if we give Everitt the flick he could be handy while we find someone else. Probably in front of Liam Jones too.

Mat0369

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on October 08, 2016, 09:37:21 AM
are we pursuing any free agents at all?

I don't think we're in that window. If we do it would likely be delisted FA' similar to Wright and Gorrigne where they have upside and we know we can get them for nothing rather then give up a pick. Brand and Litherland are two guys that might fit this scenario considering they are both unsigned.

I understand the Schulz move but I think we're better off not bothering. I'd rather get the game time into guys like Curnow/McKay/SOS and maybe try experimenting with Gorringe. Levi has signed on for 12 months as well so I don't know if a guy like Shulz would want to play VFL for most of the year.

Mat0369

I'm also looking at the draft order and thinking what the likely scenario is to grab Marchbank. I'm assuming SOS still has interest in Downie and Stewart is the other guy since Tomlinson now unfortunately wants to stay. I think we're probably going to have to trade 5 and 24, it's just a matter of what we get back. I think it's likely to be one of these two.

Scenario 1

5 and 24 for 7, Marchbank, Stewart and Downie

Scenario 2

5 and 24 for 16, 17, Marchbank, Stewart and Downie

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on October 08, 2016, 02:07:22 PM
I'm also looking at the draft order and thinking what the likely scenario is to grab Marchbank. I'm assuming SOS still has interest in Downie and Stewart is the other guy since Tomlinson now unfortunately wants to stay. I think we're probably going to have to trade 5 and 24, it's just a matter of what we get back. I think it's likely to be one of these two.

Scenario 1

5 and 24 for 7, Marchbank, Stewart and Downie

Scenario 2

5 and 24 for 16, 17, Marchbank, Stewart and Downie

I doubt either will happen option 1 is basically 24 for the 3 players option 2 is maybe slightly less beneficial for the Blues
It is always good to hope  ;)

Mat0369

Quote from: shaker on October 08, 2016, 02:25:50 PM
I doubt either will happen option 1 is basically 24 for the 3 players option 2 is maybe slightly less beneficial for the Blues
It is always good to hope  ;)

SOS is a magician and he has mates rates going with GWS. I pretty much used our trade with them last year for our basis to trade this year. This is what we netted for our trade with them last year. I have placed their original draft order next to their names.

Plowman (3), Sumner (10), Phillips (rookie), Lamb (21) and Pick 8

Carlton gave up, picks 28, 77, 95 and the Cats first rounder (pick 15 or 16?)

So option 1 is a similar deal to the one SOS offered last year, this year we're giving up higher picks in the swap. This is what trade 1 will be if it goes through

Marchbank (6), Stewart (27), Downie (56) and pick 7

Carlton give picks 5 and 24.

The only reason I could see us going for option 2 is because if we want Tom Mitchell picks 15 and 16 (made a typo on the original) will hold more value to the Swans for academy selections. If Mitchell says thanks but no thanks then I think we go the route of the higher pick. It depends on how SOS sees the draft as well. He might think there is more value in having two bites of the cherry at 15 and 16 compared to 7 if there doesn't look to be a big drop off. We need to get as many good young players into our side as possible. The other thing is academy selections could turn pick 7 into pick 11 and pick 15 into pick 21.

RiOtChEsS

so dirty hopeful on Titch not wanting to come to the Blues, his dad was a premiership player with us #plzplzplz

RiOtChEsS

Gibbs has requested a trade to Crows :'(

Money Shot

Gibbs for 13 and Lyons
Tuohy for 36 (GEE)
13, 24 and 43 for Marchbank, Stewart and Downie
36 for Hrovat and Honeychurch

Although I'm not a huge fan of that but I feel like something similar could happen!

As long as our pick 5 doesn't get taken off us :P

fanTCfool

Really? 13, 24 and 43?
I can understand 13 for Marchbank but 24 and 43 for Stewart and Downie respectively is definitely not worth it.
Tuohy for Hrovat + Honeychurch is bearable, but I would much rather keep Tuohy.

It's been a very sad day to be a Carlton supporter.