Richmond Offseason Megathread 2016/2017

Started by Nige, August 31, 2016, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 30, 2016, 07:28:10 PM
I'm hoping only for tiger fans sake. This new star midfield can create the run and pressure that Rancey and Jacky are crying out for!

Rance needs somebody to kick it to and JR needs someone to kick it to him!

But can the new midfield win hardballs, spread, create pressure, tackle and hit up the scoreboard? Consistently?

We have lost Lids but scored 2 good mids so you think we would have to be more competitive in the middle which is a plus , think we will be hoping a couple of young guys can step up again that way we can drop players like Edwards to the 2's when he dishes up the pathetic efforts that he gave us this year but the word consistent is probably not one we can use for them next year

R.Griffen

Has anyone seen Reece McKenzie's post on Facebook?

quinny88

Big Mac

quinny88

Quote from: Big  Mac on November 02, 2016, 04:22:09 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on November 02, 2016, 04:05:15 PM
Quote from: R.Griffen on November 02, 2016, 03:13:49 PM
Has anyone seen Reece McKenzie's post on Facebook?

What was it?

Far out  :o bloke has some serious issues by the sounds of things. Don't think he should be thinking about footy at all until he gets his head space right

shaker

Yes Q there has been some good discussion on the coaches board and seeing there has been nothing from Richmond or the AFL and nothing I have heard from the media I guessing there has been a lot of behind the scene contact with his parents and family today to make sure he is ok

Nige

Lambert, Batchelor and Butler all got a one-year contract extension.

GoLions

quinny88

shower way to win one but a great achievement none the less. Just wish he could replicate his 2012 form again because he was seriously one of the best in the business as a 22 year old

Ricochet

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-11-22/club-statement-chris-yarran

QuoteChris Yarran has been released from his contract, effective immediately, to allow him to deal with ongoing mental health issues.

“Chris has found it difficult to meet the demands of AFL football given his personal issues,” Richmond General Manager â€" Football, Neil Balme said.

“Ultimately it was agreed with Chris, and his management, that stepping away from the game is in the best interest of his long-term health and wellbeing.”

Yarran said he greatly appreciated the support of Richmond over the past 12 months.

“I am extremely grateful for the support Richmond has given me over the past year. I am deeply disappointed my ongoing health issues have not allowed me to repay the Club and its supporters,” Yarran said.

Nige

Pretty gutted by this. Wish him all the best and hope he gets to a point where he can return to the game.

Literally just said to someone earlier today that I thought he'd be able to come in and have an impact off half back from Round 1.

Bully

Flowering Hell, worst trade in the history of the RFC. Two premium picks down the gurglar. Livid.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on November 22, 2016, 06:09:15 PM
Flowering Hell, worst trade in the history of the RFC. Two premium picks down the gurglar. Livid.

Yep shocker of a trade by the Tiges just glad it is all over but losing those 2 picks angers me as well  >:(

Nige

A bloke's just had to put his career on hold to deal with something as serious as mental health issues and the two of you only care about the fact he cost us some picks? Wow, that's despicable.

Bully

Quote from: Nige on November 22, 2016, 07:09:04 PM
A bloke's just had to put his career on hold to deal with something as serious as mental health issues and the two of you only care about the fact he cost us some picks? Wow, that's despicable.

No, Yazz came to us with issues, my gripe is with the RFC for not doing any due diligence. Blair Hartley was also warned from certain quarters not to go down this path but he ignored all the good advice.