Richmond Offseason Megathread 2016/2017

Started by Nige, August 31, 2016, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Time will tell, from memory he was a shock to go that high in the draft so it'll be interesting.

Ricochet

elephants

Quote from: Ricochet on September 12, 2016, 04:05:03 PM
Balme has joined the club as GM of Footy

Reckon the AFL would have rather seen him relocate to Brissie

Nige

Beautiful. Exactly the person we needed. The man is good at what he does and should be able to pacify the current showerstorm surrounding the club.

Dan Richardson still has a role though, now is general manager of football talent.

More here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-09-12/football-department-structure-changes

shaker

Quote from: Nige on September 12, 2016, 04:33:41 PM
Beautiful. Exactly the person we needed. The man is good at what he does and should be able to pacify the current showerstorm surrounding the club.

Dan Richardson still has a role though, now is general manager of football talent.

More here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2016-09-12/football-department-structure-changes

Agree this is a positive for the club the most important thing now will be this years trade period and how the club handles it , we can not afford to stuff it up

Ringo

Justin Leppitsch repotedly returning to Tigerland's football department.

nrich102

Definitely the right people to run Richmond  ;D

crowls

No Dusty no midfield at Richmond.    Cant play without the cattle and Richmonds cattle have bovine disease!
Balme is like a farmer who just bought a dairy farm, screwed!

shaker

I'm glad the board challenge has stopped but they highlighted the ongoing problems at Tigerland 35 years into a 5 year plan , we would have to be the most unsuccessful club in that time and this current board and coach and recruiters have dropped the ball in the last few years looking how the team finished this year , I hope Balme can bring some common sense and smart decisions back to the club there must be smart recruiting and a game style that will make us competitive game after game or it will all blow up again next year

Nige

Blake Caracella has joined as an assistant coach!  8)

meow meow

Stevie J a chance to play on at GWS, if he doesn't then he'll be at Richmond as a coach. Won't be a coach only at the Giants.

shaker

If I even hear the word Motlop mentioned with anything to do with Lids I will go full retard  >:(

shaker

With the trade season upon us what do people think will happen at the Tiges ?

Prestia for pick 6 and no more think we can get that done

I would like to see us chase another gun mid , Rockliff's name keeps being brought up I would love the Tiges to chase him next years first round and Lennon want's out who knows maybe we can get really involved this year

Nankervis is one we could be interested in I see which is pleasing

I am not against us offloading Lids if we can work a gun into the trade or a high draft pick but although the Cats are interested I can't see them being able to satisfy our needs , do not want Motlop as a part of any deal otherwise Lids stays but he would probably like a chance at a premiership and sadly don't think that is going to happen at the Tiges at his age

I am a bit concerned that the people that thought that handing over last years highest 2nd round and this years 6th highest 2nd round for Yarran are still there ? hopefully Balme will not allow that type ridiculous trade to happen this year

thoughts ?

shaker

What was that ! .... it's ok it was just a tumbleweed blowing through the Richmond board  ::)