Richmond Offseason Megathread 2016/2017

Started by Nige, August 31, 2016, 03:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: Nige on November 22, 2016, 07:09:04 PM
A bloke's just had to put his career on hold to deal with something as serious as mental health issues and the two of you only care about the fact he cost us some picks? Wow, that's despicable.

He had terrible attitude problems at Carlton we should have never got him the Club made a very bad call getting him therefore we blew 2 good picks I am angry with the club that they were so blind to something so obvious nothing to do with his problems now so stop trying to make me and Bully look evil.

LF

Sorry guys all sorted now and thread is unlocked again :)

nrich102

Quote from: shaker on November 22, 2016, 07:48:36 PM
Quote from: Nige on November 22, 2016, 07:09:04 PM
A bloke's just had to put his career on hold to deal with something as serious as mental health issues and the two of you only care about the fact he cost us some picks? Wow, that's despicable.

He had terrible attitude problems at Carlton we should have never got him the Club made a very bad call getting him therefore we blew 2 good picks I am angry with the club that they were so blind to something so obvious nothing to do with his problems now so stop trying to make me and Bully look evil.
Maybe he fade was a mistake. So what? Yarran is a human being who has probably had a shower life and is going through a tough time. When something like this happens we should be looking at how we as society and the AFL can help Yarran now and make sure that players like Yarran can live up to their potential.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: LF on November 22, 2016, 08:22:31 PM
Sorry guys all sorted now and thread is unlocked again :)

no idea what happened  :'(

Mat0369

It was a domino effect for Yaz. The one that started the fall was Eddie leaving Carlton. We had a really good support network set up for him at Carlton but it all started to head south in 2014. Eddie leaves, Robbo and Jeffy get in trouble and are kicked to the curb and he also had personal issues start to pop up in 2015.

For a guy that is quite introverted he lost his 3 closest mates at the club which makes it really difficult to be able to talk to someone to help you through your problems. I still couldn't figure out why he nominated Richmond, I always thought for the best chance for him to get back on track he should have gone to SA, in particular the Crows.

Nige

New numbers are in.

Dion in 3.
Caddy in 22.
Shorty's moved into 15.
Nank in 25.

Nige

Love the Shai Bolton pick, him and Daniel Rioli should form a lethal combo.

Jack Graham is an absolute steal at 53.

Ryan Garthwaite is an interesting choice, key back and will take some time.

quinny88

Quote from: Nige on November 25, 2016, 09:57:38 PM
Love the Shai Bolton pick, him and Daniel Rioli should form a lethal combo.

Jack Graham is an absolute steal at 53.

Ryan Garthwaite is an interesting choice, key back and will take some time.

I don't know anything about any of them but just looking at highlights and reading the write ups on them I'm happy with the first 2.
Bolton looks like a live wire, highlights reminded me of a Walters type.
The defender we got seems to read the play really well but boy does he have a terrible kicking action. Hopefully one of those "awkward but effective" types and not someone that butchers it haha

kilbluff1985

Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun  6m6 minutes ago
More
Hopefully the Tigers can turn Dusty around but he has told them he won't  talk contract until the end of the year

Hawka

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 30, 2017, 07:53:49 PM
Jon Ralph ‏@RalphyHeraldSun  6m6 minutes ago
More
Hopefully the Tigers can turn Dusty around but he has told them he won't  talk contract until the end of the year
Well he is the player everyone is going to speculate about this season  ::)

Bill Manspeaker

Ricochet

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 30, 2017, 08:24:23 PM
come to the Sainters Dusty
Yeh go to the Saints Dusty... so they leave Nat the flower alone

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2017, 08:47:47 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 30, 2017, 08:24:23 PM
come to the Sainters Dusty
Yeh go to the Saints Dusty... so they leave Nat the flower alone
oh we'll be gettin Fyfe too, don't worry bout that. and Lachie :P

shaker

The only way I can see us keeping Martin is being successful on the field this season so another repeat of last season's performances not only we will be waving goodbye to Dusty we will be looking for a new coach but at least he will have a couple of first round picks 

Gigantor

Hodge, Burgoyne and Gibson will retire so the Hawks will nab Dusty and Fyfe for 2018  :-X