Main Menu

Richmond 2016 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frenzy

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2016, 07:36:16 PM
Quote from: shaker on July 31, 2016, 07:08:43 PM
How many flags for those 2 ?

I don't think your last 10 coaches have won a premiership but that is beside the point. Just because a coach has won a premiership at 1 club it doesn't mean they will replicate the success again.

Our most successful coach since Parkin was Brett Ratten, we have had two 'master coaches' in Pagan and Malthouse in that time and they did nothing but set the club back 5 years each. In recent memory the only coach in the last decade to win a premiership at another club is Malthouse and look how his tenure at Carlton ended. I think you guys let Hardwick start next season as coach and if it looks like no progress is made you go a different route. I'm not comparing you guys to the Geelong team in 07 because they were infinitely more talented, but Bomber was in the gun heading into 07 after missing finals 06 and then losing to North at home 5 or 6 weeks in to the season. They let him coach it out and it eventuated in a dynasty.

Lol, Tad Harsh on Pagan there buddy. Like to see any AfL coach build a team outta rubble with NO draft picks because of your salary cap cheating.Carlton was cooked before he even walked in the door.

frenzy

On SEN today they said Cloke had played possibly his last game for Collingwood and that the Tigers are the team where he'll end up.  Oh, please tell me it's true, there is a God.

shaker

Quote from: frenzy on August 15, 2016, 07:26:01 PM
On SEN today they said Cloke had played possibly his last game for Collingwood and that the Tigers are the team where he'll end up.  Oh, please tell me it's true, there is a God.

I pray this is not true if it is that just reinforces that the people running this club have no idea what they are doing , first Yarran and now a 30 year old spud like Cloke would be a disaster I am hoping it is just media rubbish if not it is time for the influential famlies that have been talked about lately to make a move and take control

nas

Quote from: shaker on August 16, 2016, 09:39:52 AM
Quote from: frenzy on August 15, 2016, 07:26:01 PM

I pray this is not true if it is that just reinforces that the people running this club have no idea what they are doing , first Yarran and now a 30 year old spud like Cloke would be a disaster I am hoping it is just media rubbish if not it is time for the influential famlies that have been talked about lately to make a move and take control

More paper talk is going to the Bulldogs.

shaker

Good to see Prestia nominate the Tiges as his club of choice hope we don't flower it up , will our 1st rounder get him or will we have to sweeten the deal ?

Bill Manspeaker

maybe your 1st and your 2nd? I don't really know I'm not the best with trades :P

although I think Damo said the PSD is a threat so Gold Coast might just accept your 1st

Jroo

Our first would be enough, but I reckon we'll try and get our hands on a later first rounder

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on August 19, 2016, 02:18:15 PM
Our first would be enough, but I reckon we'll try and get our hands on a later first rounder

Yep, my thoughts too.

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 19, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
maybe your 1st and your 2nd? I don't really know I'm not the best with trades :P

Can't and won't happen. 2nd already got traded as part of the Yarran deal last year.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on August 19, 2016, 02:39:00 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on August 19, 2016, 02:18:15 PM

Yep, my thoughts too.

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on August 19, 2016, 01:53:37 PM

Can't and won't happen. 2nd already got traded as part of the Yarran deal last year.

Please don't keep reminding me of the Yarran deal  :-[

Ringo

Will be interesting but you currently have pick 6 and Prestia was initially drafted at pick 9 so maybe pick 6 will get it done. Suspect Suns will be chasing pick 6 as they will need a few stockpiled for their acadamy especially Bowes who should go first 4. 

frenzy

Quote from: shaker on August 19, 2016, 01:43:39 PM
Good to see Prestia nominate the Tiges as his club of choice hope we don't flower it up , will our 1st rounder get him or will we have to sweeten the deal ?

Should be the first trade done when the period opens.   :o

Mat0369

Quote from: frenzy on August 15, 2016, 07:21:29 PM
Lol, Tad Harsh on Pagan there buddy. Like to see any AfL coach build a team outta rubble with NO draft picks because of your salary cap cheating.Carlton was cooked before he even walked in the door.

He was a dinosaur that was past it. If we take the loss of picks into account in year 1, it was the Goddard/Wells picks which hurt, we still offloaded our 2nd round pick for Barnaby French and actually came away with some handy players in Simmo and Fisher late in the draft. That year the rookie draft was actually quite strong as well so the recruiting there probably did him no favours there. The following season we scored a priority pick (Walker ) and traded out a bunch of our other picks and players for guys like David Clarke, Digby Morell, Daniel Harford and Cory McGrath. Who did we draft? Guys like Glen Bowyer, Jordan Bannister and Ricky Mott. We were also gifted Nick Stevens in the pre-season draft so that actually made up for not being able to draft Farren Ray....

Our recruiting was horrible (Troy Longmuir, Callum Chambers and Dylan McLaren to name a few more) but his outdated game plan magnified that.

He and Mick were not all that different, proof is when he brings in old mate Mick Martyn so he could get to 300.

Corey McKernan won a B&F and leaves a year later because he somehow got stuck with Pagan again. We actually sacked him for Barry Mitchell before we had to back out since we couldn't afford to pay out his contract.  I can keep going really.

Nige

Dyril got the rising star nom for R22!

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Nige on August 22, 2016, 11:22:11 PM
Dyril got the rising star nom for R22!
good on him, well deserved. he was about the only good thing about the game (well I was happy with Acres, Billings and Ross but you know what I mean)

not a fan of the nickname though :P

shaker

On talking footy last night Vickery to Hawks almost a done deal and more of a worry is whispers Jroo wants out , hope that is not true