Main Menu

Richmond 2016 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnie Brasco

vickery in for mcbean, i give up... standard dimma playing his favourites, now coaching for his career. 

Nige

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on July 29, 2016, 10:41:11 AM
vickery in for mcbean, i give up... standard dimma playing his favourites, now coaching for his career.
I'm thinking it might partially be an attempt to hope Vickery can play a few good games to round out the season and increase his value a bit.

Really happy Marcon is finally getting a debut, shame it had to take practically all season given he's been killing the VFL.

shaker

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on July 29, 2016, 10:41:11 AM

Don't think it matters who he plays for the rest of the year it has been an absolute failure for Dimma and the club this season so bringing in Vickery won't change that probably more to do with Griffiths being out and the Bean not really grabbing his chance , think they should have given Castagna some more games Lambert had his chance and did little.

shaker

I'm really hoping we are talking and negotiating with Bomber Thomson.

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on July 30, 2016, 07:58:10 PM

Don't think we're tanking but we're certainly not interested in winning. Actually hoping we do lose the last 4 and drop a couple more spots. Better draft picks and more chance of a more drastic clean out happening.

Big Mac

Quote from: quinny88 on July 31, 2016, 02:40:55 PM

Don't think we're tanking but we're certainly not interested in winning. Actually hoping we do lose the last 4 and drop a couple more spots. Better draft picks and more chance of a more drastic clean out happening.

shaker

Quote from: quinny88 on July 31, 2016, 02:40:55 PM

We are not tanking Q just not very good fallen off a cliff one might say we only had 4 kids and Marcon on Saturday don't think the players believe anymore saw Richo talking on Saturday night he said as much as he could but you tell he knew things were bad , the worst part will be getting a belting off the skunks this week and I am serious about Bomber he has come out and said he wants to coach  this is our 17th year under unproven coaches and it has got us nowhere so think it is time for major change even though Gale has come out and said Dimma will be coaching next year , think he should be following Dimma out the door IMO  :(

quinny88

Yeah sorry I read that as tanking haha.
I'm not sold on Bomber anyway though. Not sure he would be the answer. When you look at the recent positive turn arounds from clubs it's happened from new coaches.
Beverage at the dogs going from bottom 4 to 2 consecutive finals, Hinkley did the same at Port, Simpson at West coast, and now we're seeing Bolton change the culture at Carlton with a pretty ordinary list to work with.
I'm happy for Hardwick to go again one more year if he's actually going to shake things up in the off season but if he goes with the same failed players next year and were sitting in the bottom 8 again I don't think he will last out the season.

shaker

Yes and the Saints coach to but we have had 17 years of unsuccessful ones Dimma has had 7 years and he still can't get them to tackle consistently I'm over him

Mat0369

I'm pretty sure Terry Wallace doesn't fit that category and Spud at least got you guys to a prelim final.

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2016, 07:06:11 PM
I'm pretty sure Terry Wallace doesn't fit that category and Spud at least got you guys to a prelim final.

How many flags for those 2 ?

quinny88

Quote from: shaker on July 31, 2016, 07:01:16 PM
Yes and the Saints coach to but we have had 17 years of unsuccessful ones Dimma has had 7 years and he still can't get them to tackle consistently I'm over him

Keep in mind what a basket case we were before we got him though. Was as big a turn around as Melbourne have been going through and although we've failed in finals he's had us half a game outside the top 4 in 2 of those 3 finals appearances.
It's been a horror year but I'm not against giving him a chance to redeem himself. Will form a better opinion on him in the off season when I see what he does with the list

shaker

Lets see what happens I think it is just postponing the inevitable

quinny88

I see it as a Similair situation that Carlton were in a few years ago with Ratten that they sacked after one down year to get Malthouse and have regretted it ever since until they got Bolton in.
It may well be the right move to get rid of him but he's there for at least next year so let's see what he an do to turn things around

Mat0369

Quote from: shaker on July 31, 2016, 07:08:43 PM
How many flags for those 2 ?

I don't think your last 10 coaches have won a premiership but that is beside the point. Just because a coach has won a premiership at 1 club it doesn't mean they will replicate the success again.

Our most successful coach since Parkin was Brett Ratten, we have had two 'master coaches' in Pagan and Malthouse in that time and they did nothing but set the club back 5 years each. In recent memory the only coach in the last decade to win a premiership at another club is Malthouse and look how his tenure at Carlton ended. I think you guys let Hardwick start next season as coach and if it looks like no progress is made you go a different route. I'm not comparing you guys to the Geelong team in 07 because they were infinitely more talented, but Bomber was in the gun heading into 07 after missing finals 06 and then losing to North at home 5 or 6 weeks in to the season. They let him coach it out and it eventuated in a dynasty.