Main Menu

Richmond 2016 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 14, 2016, 10:26:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2016, 07:36:16 PM
Quote from: shaker on July 31, 2016, 07:08:43 PM
How many flags for those 2 ?

I don't think your last 10 coaches have won a premiership but that is beside the point. Just because a coach has won a premiership at 1 club it doesn't mean they will replicate the success again.

Our most successful coach since Parkin was Brett Ratten, we have had two 'master coaches' in Pagan and Malthouse in that time and they did nothing but set the club back 5 years each. In recent memory the only coach in the last decade to win a premiership at another club is Malthouse and look how his tenure at Carlton ended. I think you guys let Hardwick start next season as coach and if it looks like no progress is made you go a different route. I'm not comparing you guys to the Geelong team in 07 because they were infinitely more talented, but Bomber was in the gun heading into 07 after missing finals 06 and then losing to North at home 5 or 6 weeks in to the season. They let him coach it out and it eventuated in a dynasty. 

That's true and good what you say but had Bomber already been there for 7 years ? the Tiges now are still showing the same signs as of 4 years ago lack of tackling lack of desperation ( except for players like Rance ) terrible skills why is it after all these years that he has not even been able to instill with the players that tackling is a must do every game , so the majority of the players are no good or he is no good at coaching them to do it ? any way the Tige supporters are in for much more pain for many years because apart from the obvious good players the cattle he says that are already there are Calves we have seen blooded lately and not all of them will make the cut

Mat0369

shaker

Quote from: Mat0369 on July 31, 2016, 08:17:50 PM
2000-2007 is 7 years.

Ok but anyway I look at it my feeling is his time is up in 7 years he has assembled a team of rubbish players and his recruiters have done him no favours in this and it will be a miracle to trade our way out of this mess this year

Mat0369

To be fair to Geelong as well, they were Nick Davis snap from a prelim final in 05 and lost to the eventual premiers in the 2nd week of finals before their down year.

Richmond haven't won a final under Hardwick so he doesn't deserve the same treatment in that regard. I thought it was premature to extend his contract but they obviously did it to prevent the circus that can follow in these situations if a coach is coming out of contract. I think they give him 12 weeks next year to show it was just a down year or he is out.

This is where Carlton were f'ing stupid and put under the gun by Malthouse, Richmond can't let Bomber do the same thing to them. Ratten had 12 months to run on his contract and had one down season after being a kick out of a prelim while missing Gibbs/Kreuz/Waite. In 2012 after being 'premiership favourites' they were smashed by injuries in 2012. Malthouse said it was now or never for him to coach and Carlton dumped Ratten. If Bomber says it is now or never for me to coach Richmond can't cave and ditch Hardwick. They are better off letting him coach out his contract and then look at the whole situation instead of likely wasting another X amount of years before rebuilding.

shaker

The problem is there has to be drastic changes to the club or quality players won't come we saw Treloar say he picked the Pies because of our list , players just don't want money they want success and now our list and people in charge of it look worse than last year as for the contract ext. if Dimma was sacked the people who thought it was a good idea to extend should follow him out the door , the person responsible for getting Yarran out the door as well ( you guys must still have a smile on your faces about that one )

Then you have our president Peggy what's her face I have never heard her make a comment and have only ever seen her when she was appointed I not asking for another Eddie but she is invisible so my problem with the club is just not with Dimma but lets see what the club plans to do and if they fiddle around the edges the Tiges next year will be cellar dwellers with the Lions as all other teams that have had lean years have shown they have turned the corner.

Nige

Peggy O'Neal and Benny Gale are two of the best things to happen to the club, they're not going anywhere.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on August 01, 2016, 11:55:56 AM
Peggy O'Neal and Benny Gale are two of the best things to happen to the club, they're not going anywhere.

I respect your opinion about them but I see it different but that is ok , under them all I see is bad decisions that have been made over the last few years coming to bite us on the arse I'm critical of her only because I would not even know if she had fallen off the planet because she is non existent , invisible all the time not what you need as a figurehead of a football club but that is just my opinion.

Nige

Quote from: shaker on August 01, 2016, 12:25:15 PM

I respect your opinion about them but I see it different but that is ok , under them all I see is bad decisions that have been made over the last few years coming to bite us on the arse I'm critical of her only because I would not even know if she had fallen off the planet because she is non existent , invisible all the time not what you need as a figurehead of a football club but that is just my opinion.
Not every club president has to be as prominent as Eddie, Kochie and Brayshaw. You'll rarely hear a bad word about Peggy, and for good reason. Incredibly well respected individual.

shaker

Quote from: Nige on August 01, 2016, 12:57:07 PM
Quote from: shaker on August 01, 2016, 12:25:15 PM

Not every club president has to be as prominent as Eddie, Kochie and Brayshaw. You'll rarely hear a bad word about Peggy, and for good reason. Incredibly well respected individual.

Not saying she has to be out there like King Eddie but we are a big club and it would be nice to know she is still alive maybe once ? and after that performance on the weekend there is no excuse for anyone at the club to sit back and be quiet it was deplorable , now is the time for voices to be heard

BigMac_93

Spineless & gutless. There is no character in this lot. Disgraceful final quarter. How can you get outscored 45 to 6? Absolute joke. This club is going nowhere. Pathetic!

shaker

Quote from: BigMac_93 on August 14, 2016, 07:02:12 PM
Spineless & gutless. There is no character in this lot. Disgraceful final quarter. How can you get outscored 45 to 6? Absolute joke. This club is going nowhere. Pathetic!

Expect more of the same next year the coach allows players that won't get there hands dirty to play week after week , the same culprits will line up next week

elephants

Meh, I'd look at the positives.

Dominated one of the flag fancies for 3 quarters.

Lost, so secured a higher draft pick.

shaker

Quote from: elephants on August 14, 2016, 07:30:44 PM

Haha that's easy to say if you don't follow them  :P

elephants

Quote from: shaker on August 14, 2016, 08:09:07 PM

Haha extremely true

quinny88

Quote from: elephants on August 14, 2016, 09:15:04 PM
Quote from: shaker on August 14, 2016, 08:09:07 PM

Haha extremely true

I'm with you Ele. I couldn't help but want to win late in the game but at 3 quarter time I said to my old man that It would be better for us to lose the game for the sake of our draft pick and the fact that winning games late in the season can cover cracks.
I saw plenty of positives out of the day against a flag contender and apart from the last quarter was really impressed, particularly from some of the kids