Tom's SC 2016

Started by TomK, November 16, 2015, 01:24:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

DEF: H. Shaw, L. Hodge, B. Smith, D. Swallow, P. Seedsman, M. Scharenberg (R. Bonner, O. McDonald)
MID: N. Fyfe, R. Sloane, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, B. Crouch, D. Myers, C. Oliver (J. Hopper, N. Freeman, C. Mills)
RUC: S. Martin, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Barlow, L. Hunter, J. Lamb, S. Kerridge, C. Petracca (C. Ah Chee, M. Close)
CASH LEFT: $56,800

Don't think Hodge and Dusty will keep DPP or Swallow gaining DPP but they're there anyway just incase. In the likely case this is over the cap when the prices are announced, I'll probably just downgrade one of Sloane or Jelwood to Libba or Seedsman down to a rookie.

fasttrack13

Seedsman will still have Jaensch to compete with at half back even with smith into the midfield.
Everyone is up in the air with leuenberger personally it's a no.

Love the hunter pick he's a jet!
Very good start mate!

Edit: withdraw Seedsman + Jaensch statement!

The_Captain

Nice side mate!!! Strong across all lines! Forwards are the weakest point, but the rookies/ rookie priced players there are capable of scoring well!

TomK

Cheers guys!

Quote from: The_Captain on November 18, 2015, 12:11:26 PM
Nice side mate!!! Strong across all lines! Forwards are the weakest point, but the rookies/ rookie priced players there are capable of scoring well!
Yeah forwards are definitely my weakest point but like you said the rookies there are looking the best so far and also I'm not that keen on too many of the premium forwards at the moment so probably best to go cheap as a starting point.

Antho Witto

Good start mate.

what are your thoughts on Myers?
Do you think that 5 cheap forwards will be available round 1?

I love the Hunter pick mate good smokey.

TomK

Quote from: Antho Witto on November 20, 2015, 01:03:17 PM
Good start mate.

what are your thoughts on Myers?
Do you think that 5 cheap forwards will be available round 1?

I love the Hunter pick mate good smokey.
Cheers for your thoughts mate!

Myers is priced at 210k in the fanplanner and if he is close to that when the official prices are out then he will be in my side. Averaged 85 in 2014 and should hopefully be around that mark again.

I'm hoping there will be 5 cheap forwards come round one, at the moment we have Kerridge and Petracca who are looking pretty good to be best 22 and there's always a couple more that pop up through the NAB Challenge so fingers crossed.

TomK

Team after the draft and since prices been fixed -

DEF: H. Shaw, L. Hodge, B. Smith, D. Swallow, P. Seedsman, A. Francis (C. Byrne, M. Brown)
MID: N. Fyfe, R. Sloane, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, G. Ablett jnr, B. Crouch, D. Myers, C. Mills (J. Hopper, N. Freeman, B. Keays)
RUC: S. Martin, M. Leuenberger (D. Currie)
FWD: D. Martin, M. Barlow, L. Hunter, B. Kennedy, S. Kerridge, C. Petracca (J. Lamb, M. Close)
CASH LEFT: $13,400

Money Shot

What will you do if you don't have enough money for that team?

TomK

Probably downgrade one of Hodge or Seedsman

fasttrack13

Quote from: Money Shot on December 06, 2015, 07:35:43 PM
What will you do if you don't have enough money for that team?

Placeholders Francis(D6) and Mills(M8) can probably go to a 120k rookie also... There will be rookies at that price by then to fill those positions.

As for the team IMO you've sacrificed too much for that midfield... Not the safest structure. But if you're going to go heavy somewhere you definitely chose the right line and with the bare minimum of fwd premiums available I think you've done a really good job on this team. If anything look to upgrade leuy!

TomK

DEF: H.Shaw, J.Bartel, B.Smith, N.Malceski, A.Francis, M.Brown (C.Byrne, M.Brown)
MID: G.Ablett, R.Sloane, J.Selwood, T.Rockliff, T.Liberatore, B.Crouch, N.Freeman, C.Petracca (J.Gresham, B.Keays, R.Mathieson)
RUC: T.Goldstein, S.Martin (102k R/F)
FWD: B.Deledio, H.Bennell, M.Barlow, M.Leuenberger, B.Kennedy, S.Kerridge (S.Yarran, M.Adams)

39K Remaining.

Only player I'm not sure about is Malceski at D4, I left that position til last he seemed to be the best available, thinking of going down to Seedsman or Aish for some more cash but not sure.

My ruck bench will be the best player for loophole purposes, will be looking at that soon.

TomK

Made a few changes

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Bartel, B. Smith, J. Aish, A. Francis, M. Brown (J. Wagner, C. Byrne)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, J. Hopper, C. Petracca (N. Freeman, D. Gore, L. Sumner)
RUC: T. Goldstein, S. Martin (M. King)
FWD: B. Deledio, H. Bennell, M. Barlow, M. Leuenberger, D. Wells, S. Kerridge (M. Adams, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $8,800

Malceski - Aish and Kennedy - Wells are the two main changes, would like Kennedy instead of Sumner but run out of cash. Could bring in Kennedy for Hopper but I see Hopper with better scoring potential but Kennedy would have better JS I assume. Still not sure about Wells though, one little injury throughout the preseason and he is straight out for me.

fasttrack13

Quote from: TomK on December 17, 2015, 03:02:26 PM
Made a few changes

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Bartel, B. Smith, J. Aish, A. Francis, M. Brown (J. Wagner, C. Byrne)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, J. Selwood, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, J. Hopper, C. Petracca (N. Freeman, D. Gore, L. Sumner)
FWD: B. Deledio, H. Bennell, M. Barlow, M. Leuenberger, D. Wells, S. Kerridge (M. Adams, S. Yarran)

Malceski - Aish and Kennedy - Wells are the two main changes, would like Kennedy instead of Sumner but run out of cash. Could bring in Kennedy for Hopper but I see Hopper with better scoring potential but Kennedy would have better JS I assume. Still not sure about Wells though, one little injury throughout the preseason and he is straight out for me.

would choose kennedy regardless... If he plays 50/50 mid/fwd i could easily see him averaging 20 disposals and kicking 15-20 goals. Hes a freak!
mackenzie is a chance to score as good as aish probable better IMO...
he scored 11/21 times over 80 and 4 100's in 2014 and the eagles are a much better team now.

TomK

Quote from: fasttrack13 on December 18, 2015, 12:31:46 PM
Quote from: TomK on December 17, 2015, 03:02:26 PM
Made a few changes

would choose kennedy regardless... If he plays 50/50 mid/fwd i could easily see him averaging 20 disposals and kicking 15-20 goals. Hes a freak!
mackenzie is a chance to score as good as aish probable better IMO...
he scored 11/21 times over 80 and 4 100's in 2014 and the eagles are a much better team now.
Already changed my team back to the way it was except a few rookie changes of course, so Kennedy is back in. Didn't like the look of Wells there so got rid of him and Malceski is back in for Aish. I don't mind the look of Mackenzie so I'll keep him in mind.

TomK

Think I've finally settled on a team til the NAB Challenge

DEF: K. Kolodjashnij, J. Bartel, B. Smith, N. Malceski, A. Francis, M. Brown (C. Byrne, J. Wagner)
MID: S. Pendlebury, G. Ablett jnr, R. Sloane, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, B. Crouch, D. Myers, C. Petracca (D. Gore, N. Freeman, L. Sumner)
FWD: D. Martin, H. Bennell, M. Barlow, M. Leuenberger, B. Kennedy, S. Kerridge (M. Adams, S. Yarran)
CASH LEFT: $4,400

Only 4.4k left is a worry but I have expensive on each line so can find a little bit of cash there if need be